Located in downtown Washington, DC, the Morrison-Clark Historic Inn and Restaurant originally existed as two separate residences owned by the Morrison family and the Clark family in 1864. After nearly 60 years and several owners, the residences were converted to the Women’s Army and Navy League for military housing for enlisted soldiers in 1923. First Ladies, including Grace Coolidge, Mamie Eisenhower and Jacqueline Kennedy were all active members. The building became known as the Soldier’s Sailor’s, Marine’s and Airmen’s club for the next 57 years. In 1987 the buildings became the Morrison-Clark Historic Inn and Restaurant, and has operated as such ever since. In 2016 the hotel completed an $18 million dollar renovation, which included a six story, 43,000 square foot expansion, which doubled the number of guest rooms and included the restoration of a 17th century carriage house. The expansion rises above the front façade of the former Chinese Community Church which was the Inn’s neighbor until 2007 when the church relocated to Washington’s Chinatown neighborhood. To learn more about the Morrison-Clark Historic Inn and Restaurant, visit www.morrisonclark.com.