Appleford is a handsome example of early Pennsylvania architecture, dating from 1705, with additions by renowned early restoration architect, Richardson Brognard Okie. Situated on a 24-acre arboretum and bird sanctuary, the estate was originally part of a 1692 land grant from William Penn.
Thomas Sears, landscape architect, was engaged to design the gardens, ponds and waterfalls that give the property its distinguished attraction and charm. In addition to the beauty of its surroundings, the Appleford mansion contains many important antique furnishings.
Appleford is considered the premier area setting for weddings, private parties, business meetings, and civic functions. Appleford uses a carefully screened list of leading area caterers and musicians.