Looking for a romantic and unique setting for your special day? Celebrate your wedding on our beautiful twenty-six-acre Island. A boat ride from Portland’s historic waterfront brings you and your guests to Cow Island in Maine’s scenic Casco Bay where your special day becomes a unique and memorable experience. Imagine exchanging your vows in our intimate Oak Grove, overlooking Casco Bay. Our secluded island has become a popular venue for the perfect destination wedding. We will take care of wedding details from rentals to transportation to catering, providing a stress-free experience. Wedding activities can include sea kayaking, use of our 400' zip line, and the option for overnight accommodations for your wedding guests.
Our highly acclaimed chef will cater the reception based on your food desires. Choose a sumptuous lobster dinner or design your own unique menu with our culinary staff. We are very proud of our food service. We use only the freshest and most local food we can find.
We have a number of locations on the island that would provide a great location for the wedding ceremony or the reception. The views around the island are spectacular. We have event tents set up throughout the island, enabling you to customize your wedding experience based on which area you most prefer.
• Professional solar powered kitchen
• Four composting toilets
• Canvas house tent on platforms
• Heated and solar powered indoor and outdoor meeting space
• 30' x 40' outdoor deck
• Historic Spanish American war era battlements
• Private dock and deep water moorings
• Tables, chairs, serving and flatware for 150 people
• 200 person event tent
• 50 person event tent
• Private coves with sandy beaches
• Large fields and secluded open spaces
• Organic garden
• Fleet of 70 sea kayaks and gear
• 400' zip line
• Climbing tower
• Low and high challenge course elements
• 1.5 mile graded trail system
We provide tours of the facility so you can see for yourself the allure of the island.
The cost of an all-inclusive wedding on Cow Island includes:
• Event tents, tables and chairs
• Linen, flatware and glasses
• Transportation for guests
• Transportation for wedding party for rehearsal gathering
• Rustic overnight accommodations for 60 guests*
• Adventure activities package for reception (This may include sea kayaking, zip-line, climbing wall, and lawn games)
• Use of all of the island beaches and event sites
*There is no extra cost for the accommodation, but there is a food service charge for breakfast the next morning or dinner the night before. We ask for a minimum of 30 guests for this food service option.
We provide everything except for bar service*, flowers, table decorations, photographer and wedding cake.
* Rippleffect does not a hold a liquor license to serve alcohol on Cow Island. Wedding parties are responsible for contracting with an insured, licensed, and Rippleffect approved catering company for bar service.
Contact us for a custom price quote for your wedding.
We do corporate retreats as well!