Market Hall Performing Arts Centre has played an indispensable role as host to the region’s community-based and avant-garde performing arts activities, hosting a wide variety of national and international performers. It is unique in Peterborough and the region in its steadfast support of artists, and in its commitment to engaging young people in the arts, through opportunities to create work and by exposing young people to high quality, curriculum linked theatre, dance and music. Market Hall’s own presentation program for young people is guided by an artistic mandate to include Indigenous and Francophone artists in the program.
Rental proposals must include: a brief synopsis of the event, any specific technical information required, your optimal dates and times, request for use of box office (if desired), and a contact name and phone number. Rentals are subject to availability and approval from the theatre management. If approval is granted, the renter will be contacted for confirmation at which time arrangements will be made to sign a rental agreement and pay a non-refundable deposit.
The Market Hall is a beautiful heritage building in the heart of downtown Peterborough. The exterior is one of the most important examples of Victorian commercial architecture and the interior is a beautifully designed performance and community space. A recent $10 million renovation to the interior and exterior provides a stunning space for you and your guests to enjoy a unique wedding celebration.
• The Hall is a comfortable, flexible, intimate space for your day that can accommodate your ceremony, dinner, reception and/or dance.
• The Hall seats 200 (or 226 including the balconies) in fixed, padded seats and also has room on the floor for a custom configuration of cabaret or dinner tables, with or without a stage.
• The lobby and lounge are customizable to suit your needs and décor. They may be used for buffets, cocktails, a photo booth, gift table, favours table and feature our Bar, washrooms, coat closet and family/accessible/gender neutral washroom.
• State of the art sound and lighting are available at no extra cost. Additional costs may be incurred if you have live musicians and/or very specific lighting needs.
• We can work with your DJ to use our sound system.
• Two dressing rooms and an accessible washroom are available for the bridal party’s use backstage. (Wedding guests and alcohol are not permitted backstage.)
• Market Hall is fully accessible, serviced by two elevators: one in the main lobby for your guests, and a backstage elevator for use by the decorator and caterer.
• The theatre is flanked by 10’ feet high original arched windows which provide beautiful natural light and are equipped with shutters if you wish to create a dramatic effect with theatre lighting.
• Millennium Park, on the banks of the Otonabee River, is close by for photos.
• We are located in the heart of downtown Peterborough. There are many restaurants and two hotels within walking distance.
• Market Hall will provide bar service (and staff) and be the sole supplier of all alcoholic beverage items unless by special arrangement.
• We can provide a specific wine or champagne etc. by request, given advance notice.
• Ontario liquor laws do allow for a Bring Your Own Wine arrangement with licensed venues. Please discuss this with our staff.
• Ontario liquor law does not permit homemade wine or alcohol to be served.
• No outside alcohol is permitted unless under the Bring Your Own Wine program.
• You may choose from offering a cash bar, open bar, using drink tickets or a combination of these.
• Many couples choose to offer their guests complimentary drinks for all or part of the reception. In that case we will apply a 15% gratuity to the “charged” portion of the bar sales.
• We recommend that liquor service end no later than 1:00am. By law, liquor service must end by 2am. Bar service ends at the discretion of the Manager on duty.
• Wine glasses for the dinner tables are not included. You may rent that service from us, a rental company or your caterer. Glassware and the clearing and washing of glassware used for bar service are included.
• You may choose your caterer and our catering kitchen is included in your rental.
• Our catering kitchen includes a fridge, freezer, microwave, warming oven, dishwasher, double sinks and hand washing sink.
• You are responsible to supply staff to be on hand during food service to clear plates and food etc.
• The base rent for a reception is $1250 + HST. (12 hour period). 50% nonrefundable deposit is required at the time of booking. Full payment is required within 3 days after the event.
• Additional hours (same day) are subject to an additional $55 per hour, plus staffing, if applicable.
• Additional hours on the previous or following day(s) are subject to availability. Priority will be given to performance events that may be scheduled. We can confirm availability 30 days prior to your event.
• You are responsible for everything you bring in including food, decorations and rental items, and they are to be removed from the premises the same day.
• One of our staff will be pleased to meet with you with no obligation and tour the space. If you wish to proceed with your reservation we will meet with you to sign the contract, collect the deposit, meet our Font of House Manager and finalize set-up details and times before the event. We encourage you to bring all interested parties to these meetings – decorator, family members, photographer and caterer. We encourage you to take photos, videos and measurements during your initial meetings to help you with your planning. We will also be available to answer your questions in the months before your event.
• All prices and taxes are subject to change without notice. Prices can be confirmed at 90 days prior to your event.
• Please ensure that all food and service materials are removed from the Hall and that the kitchen or other preparation and service areas are left clean. We reserve the right to add a cleanup fee at our discretion.
• The Market Hall has a stock of ‘cabaret’ tables, perfectly suitable for a casual buffet style meal. We also have 6’ (6x) and 8’ (8x) tables available for your buffet, gift table, head table etc.
• Whether you opt for a casual or formal dining style, we have more than enough chairs for your guests.
• The dimensions of the flat floor in the main auditorium are 35’ x 53’.
• The dimension of the Lobby is 19’ x 42’.
• If you choose a formal sit down meal, the main auditorium will seat up to 104 people at 13 of our rectangular tables or 11 large round tables. Market Hall does not have large round tables, but they are available from local rental companies.
• All Live and Pre-Recorded Entertainment is subject to SOCAN Fee.
• Smoke machines and bubble machines are not permitted in the Hall.
• The use of nails, tacks and/or tape is not permitted. Charges will apply as a result of damages caused by the use of these items. Please discuss your needs with our staff.
• Confetti/rice/glitter are not to be used on Market Hall premises, including outside the entrances. A clean up fee of $150.00 will apply.
• Open flames and pillar candles are not permitted in the Hall. We may approve the use of tea lights in suitable holders. Please ask for more details.
Lionhead Golf and Conference Centre beautifully landscaped grounds incorporate the natural beauty of meadows, wetlands, forests and natural foliage on 520 acres of land. Beautiful location for weddings, parties, and corporate functions.
We offer multiple rooms for every group size and type of event. Each room is unique in style. Our featured Aberdeen Terrace hosts full wall and ceiling windows, giving you the full beauty and view of the golf course no matter the time of year.
Our larger banquet room Muirfield/Edinburgh Room can host larger groups up to 400ppl including head table staging and dance floor. This room feature beautiful chandeliers and ceiling lighting to add to the evening portion of your event.
In the off season we convert our Iggys Restaurant into a urban banquet space for holiday events for groups of up to 100ppl.
At Lionhead we offer specialized menus to suit your food and beverage preferences and budget. Plated meals, buffets and reception style events are just the start of what our Chef's can put together to ensure a memorable culinary experience.
VIP Event Venue and Production located on Hwy7 / Leslie. We provide 3,000 sq ft. platform for you to venue your special event with max 80 – 150 capacity. Recommend that you make a reservation in advance. Please use our online 24/7 reservations system or call us to hold your special day!
Type of Corporate Events:
Award Ceremonies, Banquet, Celebrations, Conferences, Gathering Dinner, Seminars, Meetings, Trade Shows, Trade Fairs, Inceptive Events, Weddings
Type of Production:
High Quality Build-in Audio and Visual System:
1 Wide Screen Projector 14ft x 9ft, 1 Wide Screen Projector 13ft x 8ft, 6 Wireless Microphones, Concert Speaker, Concert Light, KTV
Free Parking, Free Wi-fi, Non-Smoking Area, Private Washroom, Private Kitchen,Table and Chair
Services (Additional charge)
Catering Service (Starter, Appetizers, Main Dishes, Desserts, Drinks), Professional Photographer Service, Professional Videographer Service, DJ Entertainment, Security Service
For more information, please visit www.vipevp.com
Romantic, intimate and unique... Free-flying butterflies, lush tropical foliage and cascading waterfalls create an exquisite natural backdrop on your wedding day. The enchanting indoor gardens provide a lush setting for your ceremony, reception, and photos, all year round, rand or shine, Offering fully customized menus and personalized weddings from 60-160 guests.
Planning your wedding can be overwhelming, but taking the time to choose the right venue, caterer, photographer, DJ, and other vendors will help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests. Consider these tips as you begin your search and learn from the experiences of other brides. Read More