The Museum of Early Trades & Crafts offers members, organizations, and corporations the opportunity to host an intimate event, gathering, or meeting in a beautifully handcrafted building.
The Historic James Library, home to the Museum since its founding in 1969, was built in 1899 by D. Willis James and served the community as the public library for over 60 years. Built in the Richardson Romanesque Revival style, the building has beautiful stained glass windows, finely detailed woodwork, and three elaborately decorated fireplaces. It was restored to its original elegance in 1997 and incorporates exhibits on community life before the rise of large-scale industrialization.
Renters have access to both levels of the Museum and can enjoy the magnificence of the building as well as the current exhibits. The Museum contains objects of significant historic, artistic, and financial value.