The Benjamin Godfrey Memorial Chapel was built in 1854. In 1979, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Illinois as “one of the six most authentic copies of New England church architecture beyond the Northeastern United States." Some of the original panes of glass remain in the windows.
There are two aisles in the chapel with no center aisle. It seats 250 people and rents for $400 for weddings. This includes a 5-hour rental. That time can be split up between rehearsal, decorating, and ceremony.
Renters will have to provide their own officiant for the ceremony. The grand piano can be used for an additional $100 fee. Contact the Music Department if interested in using the piano for an event. The organ cannot be used unless played by a member of the Lewis & Clark Music Department.
Renters may use the restrooms in the chapel basement for dressing. No other rooms in the chapel are available for rental or use.
No food or drinks are allowed. Also, individuals are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages on campus.
Tours of the Chapel are available by appointment - please contact the Campus Events Coordinator.
Benjmain Godfrey Chapel
Attendees: 1-250 | Deposit is Required| Pricing is for weddings only