ideas for cheapest wedding - Weddings - Eventective - Forums

ideas for cheapest wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

jamie594083
jamie594083
i want to get married in charleston west virginia in august any nice outdoor settings such as a certain park or country club anyone know of who will rent for a reasonable price?
nenal594081
nenal594081
it depends on your taste of hall because five star spa and resorts are expnsive you might want to consider a hall that is city owned
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
ashdiggles26 wrote:
How long before I should send out save the date my wedding is not until september of2012????

send them this year in september. a year ahead is usually the norm.

good luck!

Lise' Ramos

Creative Director

www.allenspatzphotography.com
ashdi582120
ashdi582120
How long before I should send out save the date my wedding is not until september of2012????
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
Dear Guest Hacienda Style in L.A.

You must check out Mariposas at the Hacienda Hotel. It is beautiful and you will need a minimum of decor because it is already set in a Mexican elegant Hacienda style. Because the hotel is nearer to the airport, it is cheaper and there will be ample parking. Keep in mind that if you do a Sunday brunch wedding reception, it will be much cheaper, and you could have a champagne brunch with a variety of wines and skip the hard liquor since it is an earlier affair -- that saves a lot of money since an open bar is usually $20 & up per person alone. I don't know how many guests you are expecting, but call the hotel directly and ask to be connected to this or one of the other restaurants. Here is the site:

http://haciendahotel.com/el-segundo-restaurants/mariposas/index.cfm

If you need invites, wedding favors, sign in posters and other printed goodies, I offer a package starting at $200 for up to 100 guests.

You can email me at liseramos@msn.com for the details.

Good luck on your wedding plans!

Regards,

Lise' Ramos

Creative Director

www.mybelovedwedandart.com

Guest January 8, 2011
Any ideas on cheap, wedding venues in LA? My fiance and I would like to go with a hacienda style wedding.
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Ashdiggles 26,
I checked Google and it brought me to a number of places including the Gathering Guide listing of 19 places in Hartford. One which sounded good was the Bushnell center for the Performing Arts. Have You checked them out? If not here is a link to their page: http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_directory/ct_connecticut/event_venue_1089.html and anther one was the Hartford Society Room http://www.hartfordsocietyroom.com . Why don't you check with these two places for starters... and if they seem too expensive ask whomever you speak with in sales if they have recommendations. My next suggestion would be to check religous institutions, and it is a bit of a drive but I'd next check aroind the UCONN Campus in Storres. Let me know if I can be of further help. Ron
ashdi582120
ashdi582120
I'm lokking for some where in avon, hartford, east hartford windsor bloomfield anywhere around there
delar591749
delar591749
I'm not having any bridesmaids or groomsmen which saves me on flowers and the stress of picking dresses, who stands where etc. But I'm also having a coffee and dessert reception only. Cuts cost like you wouldn't believe. Having just a few simple and inexpensive desserts to pick from and not having to do the whole $25+ per head food or buffet can really save you!
bchic592721
bchic592721
looking for a nice place i tallahassee, fl for my early Sept reception!! any ideas or recommedations are appreciated!!
yinpe350334
yinpe350334
Thank you Dr. Ron, this really helps alot
Hi Yinpep,
You are in a very high cost of living area... Thus, everything will be very expensive.
I'm confident you've read all of the postings about checking universities, parks, etc. Thus I won't repeat them. I'll just suggest that you check out the Rose Park in Berkeley. It is very nice. I've seen weddings there. I don't know the exact location, but I'm sure you'll be able to find it by asking some local people. Also, check out UC Berkley. What would they be willing to rent to you at low cost? You might talk with some people there in the chaplain's office or student activities about some of the venues their students may use.
Check with the school to see if they have a photography department. I don't know if they do or not, but if they do talk with them about some of their advanced students.
You might also check out Golden Gate Park. See if you could have your wedding in one of their beautiful gardens.

Ron
Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro
Education By Entertainment
mrandmrsilory
mrandmrsilory
Anyone knows where I can get a cheap reception hall in the Naples,fl; Ft. myers, fl; and Lehigh acres, fl
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Lufulufu 2003,

Which Washington -- DC or the state of Washington? If the State, which City?

Ron
luful591875
luful591875
I'm getting married in April of 2012. I've started looking for reception that fits about 200 people and has space for a dance floor in Washington but cant fine any. Any recommendations?
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
Dear Brides & Grooms to be:

If you live in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area, then we are your one-stop shopping for you!

Photography packages including 8"x11" Deluxe Album & 100 Thank you cards - $1,300 ($700 off!)

Videography packages including 3 Mastered DVD's with effects - $1,200 ($800 off!)

DJ' & Lighting- starting at $750

MC's & Latin bands available!

Inquiries: LiseRamos@msn.com

www.mbiphotographers.com

Book by 4/1/11 (offer expires 12/31/11)

Guest January 6, 2011
hey brides to be im just like you. i just got my videographer, photographer and dj from thepros.com all less then 2600 with tax included. we are in a very tight budget of 10,000 with 125 guest. so i def am bargain hunting. ps the pros do weddings in nj ny n pa

Guest January 6, 2011
There's this new private event hall called Espaces des Arts located on the corner St-Laurent and St-Catherine. It's a loft style hall with beautiful bar and lounge. Went to a friend's wedding there, it was such a unique and cool experience. I heard the rent is very cheap compare to the regular reception halls or hotels. Check their site: www.espacesdesarts.com
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Dan208,
I agree with you on the lighting being really tough at mid-day and that the person taking the photo has more of an impact than the equipment. I'd like to see a side by side comparison of pictures taken with the cheap disposable camera lens and a for example Kodak 5MP camera. I'm expecting the Kodak 5MP would be better because of the cheap disposable lens in the one time use camera... Ron
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Yinpep,
You are in a very high cost of living area... Thus, everything will be very expensive.
I'm confident you've read all of the postings about checking universities, parks, etc. Thus I won't repeat them. I'll just suggest that you check out the Rose Park in Berkeley. It is very nice. I've seen weddings there. I don't know the exact location, but I'm sure you'll be able to find it by asking some local people. Also, check out UC Berkley. What would they be willing to rent to you at low cost? You might talk with some people there in the chaplain's office or student activities about some of the venues their students may use.
Check with the school to see if they have a photography department. I don't know if they do or not, but if they do talk with them about some of their advanced students.
You might also check out Golden Gate Park. See if you could have your wedding in one of their beautiful gardens.

Ron
Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro

Guest January 6, 2011
Well Dr.Ron...disposable point and shoot cameras come with flash and they are still film so they surpass 5mp. It's the photographer, not the equipment though. As for my comparison to wedding/combat photography. No photographer would plan a wedding at high sun. At every turn a photographer is faced with contrasty elements. Fill flash works, but is limiting. Just saying wedding photography is one of the more demanding jobs. If it was up to a photographer the wedding would happen either on an overcast day (for gentle difused light) or when the sun isn't so high in the sky. So if it's cloudy or raining on your special day -
yinpe350334
yinpe350334
Help, my wedding is in June of this year, I live in Oakland ca and can't find affordable venues, caterers, photographer, videographers, everything! I want to have the ceremony and reception in the bay area, any help is much appreciated, oh and we are on a very tight budget
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Dan2008,
You really think the disposables do as good a job as say a 5 meg digital with display?
Wedding photography is difficult... but I think it is a different art than combat photography.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro
Dan2008
Dan2008
S_Kreder wrote:
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?

It depends on what you expect for pictures. A pro will give you more consistency with better images you can be proud of later. It'll make all the difference in the world. Wedding photography is not easy! I can't stress that enough. It's "combat" photography; terrible noon lighting, it's hot, folks don;t know where to go or what to do. A pro can pull all this together for you leaving you to enjoy your day. Uncle Bob with his new prosumer camera means well, but I've never heard of it working out. If you want to save money though and STILL have a pro shooter cover your wedding, place disposable point and shoots at the reception. What they can do is pretty well what anybody can do in a dark room where everyone is dancing. You'll get a lot of silly shots, unusable shots, slightly drunk shots and somewhere in there you'll also get a few "gold" shots. Hope this was helpful!
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Photographer Alternatives

Wedding photography is a special skill. Most people who are very talented with a camera simply don't have the skill to properly photograph a wedding. Indeed, through the years I have met a number of people who take excellent photos with excellent equipment who will not touch a wedding.

One Possibly Acceptable Alternative

The only alternative to a professional photographer which I could possibly recommend for a wedding in which one invests in an expensive bridal gown, flowers, etc, etc is to contact a local university and see if there is an advanced photography student (or two) who has wedding experience who might enjoy doing your wedding. If you go this route be sure to look through the students work, be sure you like it, and be sure they have redundant equipment with them. You might also contact a local photography club for some ideas about talented photographers who might be willing to meet your budget needs.

Friends

Friends with photo experience and good cameras are great. They can take nice supplemental photos. They can also take photos at events like Bridal Showers, etc.

Supplemental Cameras -- Consider Digital Not Disposable

If you would like to supplement your professional photos and your friend's photos with cameras on each table you might get some interesting photos. I've never been really happy with the quality of photos taken with disposable cameras. A better option which does not cost a lot more is to buy relatively inexpensive digital cameras when they are on sale for each table along with extra batteries. (The only risk is that they could walk away...) Paste a label on each one with your name, address, phone, etc and have instructions nearby. You will get much better quality photos for not a lot more money. Best yet, you'll have the cameras after the wedding. If, say, 3 friends with weddings in the same year decide to share these in addition to better quality the cost would probably be less than the disposables and you would each have a few nearly new cameras left over after the wedding.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, Ph. D.
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
gibbstwaisa wrote:
I went to a wedding and they had these wedding cameras on the tables for cguest o take pictures and a person went around to collect them from the guest.

These can be a fun way to get candids of your reception, and a very low cost alternative to hiring a professioal photographer for the reception. However, here are several pointers if you choose to use these cameras:

Be sure to have a little note by the camera with instructions as to what you want people to do with them. Do you want them to take pictures of each other at the table? The events at your reception (bouquet toss, garter toss, cake cutting, first dance, etc.)? And be sure to mention to leave the camera on the table and that someone will pick it up.

Be sure to assign someone to pick them all up at the end of your reception.

Be sure to get the kind that have a built-in flash.

Be sure to get fresh ones. We used these at the 50th anniversary party we threw for my in-laws, and about half of them produced some very poor quality photos because the film was old and the internal batteries didn't have much power.

If you choose to use these instead of a professional photographer at your reception, try to have a friend or relative that's good with a camera around taking photos, too. You want to make sure you get the shots you want.

Marti Barton, Wedding Officiant
http://www.joyfulpromises.com
vows@joyfulpromises.com
gibbs590884
gibbs590884
I went to a wedding and they had these wedding cameras on the tables for cguest o take pictures and a person went around to collect them from the guest.
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Where in Connecticut? As you know cost of living varies drastically from Fairfield County going East.
ashdi582120
ashdi582120
Hello everyone i am going to be getting married in sep of 2012 i know it seems far but it will come up really quick. Right now im looking for a venue In Conneticut. I amay have a guest list of 130 im looking for something elegant but cheap in price something like 2500-3000 in price for the venue any suggestions ..help!!
rosew577396
rosew577396
looking for outdoor wedding places and inexpansive indoor reception idea for lebanon pa area. Anybody got ideas?
halle586936
halle586936
Hi I am getting married September 10 2011 and need some help finding a venue in Akron, Canton, Ohio can anyone help? Thank you!

Guest January 2, 2011
Hi, I am a wedding planner here in NC.But I do destination , and long distance Weddings.I am from Maine myself, Berwick area.I would love to plana wedding for you..what month were you aiming to have your wedding?Thank you..Please email me rwattscarolinawedddings@gmail.com

Guest January 1, 2011
Dear jehn2006,
I would first decide do u want a church wedding or not. But I will tell u it is cheaper if you find a place were you can get married and hold a reception in same place it is much cheaper. Then since you live in Indy go on line to Romantic Gowns it is based in Dayton Ohio and they have every type of gown in every price range. There are amazing. I am getting a gown there and I live in Massachusetts. Just sit write everything you want and you will get all together quick I prominse you
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Jehn2006,
I would suggest that you start by reading the following posting by Reverend Ann Fuller who frequently monitors these forums: http://www.eventective.com/forum/topic1410-ideas-for-inexpensive-venues.aspx to find a venue. Once you read it over and begin to do some of the items on the list come back with specific questions as there are a number of people including Rev Fuller, myself, and a number of planners here who would be pleased to help. Also, think about whether you wish to hire a planner, who you would like to have officiate, what type of reception you would like to have, and whether you would like to hire a professional photographer (highly recommended) and videographer. Bring your questions back here... and I'm sure you will receive lots of great feedback.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, Ph. D.
jehn2572617
jehn2572617
I need help. my wedding is 6 months away, and i have no idea where to start. i live in indianapolis indiana, and we dont have a lot of money, and we are trying to find a venue for the wedding. i have no idea how to start planning my wedding, if there is anyone who can help, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
Kaela584962
Kaela584962
I am in Xenia Ohio and i am having a hard time find a venue to have the ceremony and the reseption at.I dont want to get married in a church and would like to go somewhere where they have a open bar or cash bar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Kaela584962
Kaela584962
Believe it or not, our company, A Piece of Cake Wedding Design, specializes in creating beautiful weddings on a dime. We can do wonders with only $5000. Check us out at http://apieceofcakeweddingdesign.com. We know tips for saving money in every area of planning and promise to save you more money than you spend on our planning services.[/quote

Do you guys travel. If so what areas do you travel too?

Guest January 1, 2011
Hello I wanted to check out the wood rose bouquets but can I have actual web sight.

Guest December 31, 2010
Hi Brides,
We love to cater to brides on a budget. After spending 13 years in the fresh floral business, our designer has brought her talent and passion to the silk, and wood rose wedding business. We realize that not all brides want to have silk and wood floral rose bouquets, but for those that need an alternative, we are here to help you. You should take a look at some of the wood rose bouquets at woodrosewedding. Most wedding packages for a 15 piece wedding are under $300.00 and we deliver to your door.
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
angelamelinda199117 wrote:
i need help with my wedding.its in new jersey.i started planning it already and need a affortable price about how much it would cost ok. my email is angelamelinda199117@yahoo.com

hi angelamelinda
i will email you today. i live in nyc and do wedding planning. you will get an email from liseramos@msn.com I'll put eventective on the subject line. best! Lise'
angel580560
angel580560
i need help with my wedding.its in new jersey.i started planning it already and need a affortable price about how much it would cost ok. my email is angelamelinda199117@yahoo.com
bertke10
bertke10
S_Kreder wrote:
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?

local university photography students (in at least their 3rd year) are less expensive and often more flexible and more open to your ideas. contact professors for recommendations on good talent.
enchantedmemoriesweddings
barbara.compere wrote:
looking for a cheap hall to have a reception or a hall that caters but starts at 20 per person

Dear Barbara:

Congratulations on your engagement! Where are you located, how many guests, and the date will help the planners on the site to help you with ideas. I am located in Pennsylvania and serve central to eastern Pennsylvania.

Please contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Kim Schrack
L & S Events
(717) 571-0557
(215) 488-7149
LandSEvents@live.com
barbara.compere wrote:
ramblingrose137 wrote:
getting married in 2011 and need ideas on cheap hall rentals in skowhegan maine any ideas

Where are you located? When is the wedding? Approx. How many guests? There are many planners on this site, but we can only help you if you provide us with basic information.

A great way to save money on your hall is to use a VFW or Tall Cedars Lodge. Tall Cedars is part of the Masonic organization, but is less restrictive about who uses their sites. If you have a Mason in your immediate family, then, by all means contact the local Masonic Lodge. In my experience, the lodges are inexpensive to rent, but places like the Masonic Homes in Elizabethtown, PA are very expensive considering you can only have a ceremony there, and only if you have a mason in your direct family.

I hope this helps!
barba577274
barba577274
looking for a cheap hall to have a reception or a hall that caters but starts at 20 per person
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
S_Kreder wrote:

Check with nearby colleges to see if they have a photography class. The instructor may do work on the side, or may be able to recommend a talented student. Or see if there's a photography club in your area -- there are lots of excellent amateur photographers out there!

Good luck, and best wishes!

Guest December 13, 2010
CAKE-U DON'T NEED A REAL ONE. BUY CUPCAKES FOR GUESS AND RENT A FAKE CAKE. MY STEPFATHER IS A PROFFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER AND HE IS DOING THE VIDEO AND PHOTOS FOR FREEEEEEEEE. I HAVE A FRIEND WHOD IS DJ AND HE WILL PLAY AS A WEEDING GIFT-FREEEEE. SO MAKE SURE U HAVE GOOD FRIENDS THAT CAN DO THINGS FOR U AT UR WEEDING AS A GIFT. GOOD LUCK. ALSO GO TO CRAIGLIST AND FIND CHEAPER WEEDING ARRANGEMENTS AND THE GOWN.
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
Dear Friend wanting a place in brooklyn, queens & NY
I'm a planner and can help you. I live in NYC and have vendors that I work with.
Why don't you send me an email and let me know the following:
*date, theme, colors, # of guests
if you are flexible on the date, you may be able to get a greater deal and if you are open to the bronx, i have a great vendor who will give you a very good price. where is the ceremony to be held?
Let me know your info and I can give you an initial consultation for free.
Best,
Lise'
liseramos@msn.com
212-928-6572
Dear Guest:

What exactly do you need help with? Where are you located? When are you getting married and approximately how many guests?

I look forward to helping you!

Kim Schrack
L & S Events
(717) 571-0557
(215) 488-7149
camille_19141 wrote:
We are looking for a cheap but classy place to have our wedding and reception in or near Philadelphia, Pa. or Wildwoods, NJ in mid Aug. of 2011. for about 100 people. We're going for a moden look and the ability to bring some of our own things if needed. Can anyone help us?

Please feel free to contact me. I am more than willing to help you locate a venue and whatever else it is that might need me to do! I hope to hear from you soon!

Kim Schrack
L & S Events
(717) 571-0557
(215) 488-7149

Guest December 7, 2010
i need help
1234 ..12

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: