Modern two-story Motor Inn adjacent to Bangor Mall, three miles from downtown & five miles from airport (courtesy transfer). Hours day trip to Acadia National Park, Mount Katahdin/Baxter State Park. Seven miles from the University of Maine Orono.
Maximum Capacity: 75 General Event Space
Click to Hide
General Event Space | Maximum Capacity: 75
Supported Layouts and Capacities
Banquet - 8 per Capacity: 55 People
Classroom - 18" Capacity: 55 People
Reception Capacity: 75 People
Theater Capacity: 70 People
U-Shape Capacity: 55 People
Overhead projector as well as a TV and VCR are available.
Looking to hold a wedding, special event, or meeting? The Bangor Elks Lodge is the perfect place for your next private event. Offering event space, catering options by Stage Coach Catering, and party equipment use. Call today to find out more information!
Stagecoach Catering offers a variety of menus and services for in house and off premise events, we can also customize buffets, table ware, and meals to your requirements or themes.
The Black Bear Inn and Conference Center provides a classic space for weddings, social or corporate events. A trained Chef is catering to all budgets and events with upscale flavors. The Inn and Conference Center is conveniently located off I-95 near UMaine, the Maine Center for the Arts and the Bangor Mall. It is also located near Baxter State Park, Mt. Katahdin, and the Moosehead Lake Region. This facility has over 7,900 square feet of meeting space to accommodate 5-400.
Are you tired of the ordinary and wish for a Grand experience?
You don't have to fly to Europe for a Royal experience! Bring your events to The Stone Manor in Orono, and impress your guests with its stunning beauty, ambiance and class.
This magnificent 113-year-old stone building has been lovingly resurrected into beautiful wedding and event venue. The Stone Manor provides three halls for your various events and functions:
- The Main Hall with the gothic revival architecture, majestic Roman columns, splendid stain-glass windows, 30-feet high ceiling, vintage pews, original vintage woodwork, incredible acoustics, and the long aisle walked by so many brides, is the perfect venue for the dream wedding ceremony, and any other gathering of that magnitude, such as celebration of life, musical or theatrical performances, and more. The majestic exterior provides a sense of a Royal Manor or Castle, with unparalleled opportunities to photographically immortalize the fairy-tale moments.
- The First Floor Ballroom is a charming and spacious hall, with great ambiance, 12 feet high ceilings, custom lighting, vintage wall art, and simple elegant stain-glass windows. The Ballroom sits up to 300 guests and can be rented for a variety of events such as Holiday Parties, wedding receptions, birthdays, graduation parties, corporate events, celebration of life, and more. The space comes with classy handmade Maine wood banquet tables, and attractive gold Chiavari chairs for up to 160 guests, at no extra costs, to make your reception truly exceptional and unforgettable.
- The balcony is ideal for the bride's party and also provides a bride’s dressing room. It can be also rented separately for your small private gatherings of up to 20 people when you mean to truly impress your guests!
- When weather permits, we can provide outside receptions with the backdrop of a historic stone castle, and a backup plan of an inside reception in case it rains.
- The Stone Manor has started a new tradition of the Bell Ceremony. The 3500 lb vintage bell is gracefully sitting in front of the building, waiting for the couples to move it together, and officiate their wedding with its music, symbolizing the truth and magnificence of their union!
From practical point of view:
Despite its proximity to beautiful downtown Orono, The Stone Manor provides ample on-site parking.
The building is equipped with a vertical, enclosed wheelchair lift. It is also one of the safest historic buildings in Maine, with modern sprinkler system throughout, even in the attic, as well as voice-evacuation fire alarm system.
Here is what our guests say about this venue:
Kate C.; Bride:
"This location was perfect for my wedding! Sean and Fariba were easy to work with, responsive, helpful, and kind. This historic building doesn't have a bad angle for photos. Works well for a large or small wedding. Fantastic to have a historic church backdrop but since it's no longer technically a church, you don't have to worry about meeting specific religious requirements (or using a specific kind of officiant). Convenient parking, beautiful ceremony space upstairs and beautiful reception area with beautiful chairs and tables downstairs (but still the first floor so it doesn't feel like a basement or anything). And you get to ring the large 'wedding' bell in the front! A unique and fun wedding experience!"
Denise O. mother of the bride: "Thank you for this beautiful place"
Laura A., Guest: "What a lovely time we had! Thank you for your wonderful gift to our community "
"It was a beautiful wedding at a beautiful venue!"
Planning your wedding? The Stone Manor has the most beautiful spaces, for both your ceremony and reception.
A Beautiful 1892 Church built in historic Madison Maine. We are here to serve you for all occasions. We host music events, we have comedy on the first Friday of every month, weddings, company parties, small 18 booth trade shows and even funerals. We can offer a catering menu with the focus on real food that is sourced locally for your events or you are welcome to bring in your own caterer. We're located in the heart of Madison Maine, with easy access to Augusta, Farmington, Skowhegan, Waterville and Newport. The Chapel comfortably seats 160 guests on the original pews. We are a unique venue, the vintage, colorful stained glass will add to the ambiance of any event and the ability to have a dinner or reception at the same site.
Our music and events hall has NO religious affiliation. We are non-denominational and welcome ALL.
Planning your wedding can be overwhelming, but taking the time to choose the right venue, caterer, photographer, DJ, and other vendors will help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests. Consider these tips as you begin your search and learn from the experiences of other brides. Read More