When are you getting married? And what's your biggest worry at this point? Messages in this topic - RSS

When are you getting married? And what's your biggest worry at this point? Messages in this topic - RSS

Guest October 20, 2010
We were supposed to get married on OCT the 16th 2010. I got a phone call two days before my wedding i have planned and worked so hard for and was told they booked the place a year ago. we had to cancel the whole thing. We are still very upset and sickened with the place or should i say the owners
CaliforniaSolCreationsCaliforniaSolCreationsPosts: 17 October 21, 2010
eklmn7007-sonst wrote:
My Wedding will be in September 2010. We are living in Canada and I dont know how to manage everything from here. How to find a good wedding planner, a good photographer, a videographers ??? I got some mails from different photographers and who should I trust ??? Who will make a really really good job ??!!! Oh man it drives me crazy !!!!

I have a friend that is a wedding planner, SHE IS AWESOME and VERY REASONABLE, check out her website at http://cherrytreeoccasions.com. I know there is problems with getting items shipped to Canada or to even find them. Claundra can help you, even if you just need a complimentary consultation to get some vendor referrals or planning direction.
Did you have a contract? or had a deposit to hold your date? That could be a legal matter. You could always right a letter to the owner about your horrible situation. Any good business owner will try to correct the situation. Maybe you can get another date with at a discount rate, or complimentary extras.
tatt00fr3ak wrote:
My fiance and I are getting married Dec 31st of this year. Yesterday, the individual who was going to marry us, flaked. I'm a little mad about the whole thing, to say the least. Now I have about a month and a half to find someone to marry us. It's in south central PA, so if anyone has any contacts, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

A new years eve wedding great! I hope you can find someone with short notice. Just a suggestion if you can not find anyone for your date. Do you have a friend or family member that would be willing to or you would love to be married by? They can become certified minister online and in less than a hour. I believe the fee is less than $100! A close and trusted family or friend officiant can make for a very personalized wedding ceremony, and they are already coming for the wedding! guaranteed minister!

Best Wedding Wishes

Ebony
California Sol Creations, Certified Wedding Planner
www.californiasolcreations.com
tiffanybostock wrote:
Hi everyone! Congrats on all the weddings///! I'm renewing my wedding vows on May 27,2011, it will be our 10 year anniversary. We never actually had a wedding so we want this one to be a little more traditional and we want to be able to invite all of our friends and family this time (approx 100 guests). We have a very small budget around $4K. Is this even possible??? We know that we want an evening wedding, we already have a few things taken care of: officiant (FREE), invitations (I'm making), DJ (I use to work for radio) and we have a photographer (FREE). We want a magical night of a short ceremony and a great celebration after wards. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tif

Congrats Tif! You can absolutely have the magical celebration you are seeking. Just need to be crafty and creative. Do you or friend/family member with a great landscape backyard to have your short ceremony and reception? My other suggestion would be to find a local park or community center they usually have very reasonable rates. Since your event is in the evening you can either serve light appetizers or just a cake and punch reception. Or if you have the help can have a partial prepared meal (like the meat,, its less expensive to prepare) and purchase the sides.

You want a great celebration after your short ceremony so you might want to focus on the atmosphere. 100 people about 10 tables with 10 people each, Your centerpieces can be pictures of you and your hubby through the last 10 years on trips or other captured moments through the years. Have family and friends share some stories about you. If you have couple that have been longer than 10 years have them give you advice for the next 10 years. You describe your day as magical that means great music and most importantly Lighting be sure to include various levels of light, candle light, twinkle lights, or lanterns! Your off to a great start, best of luck to you!

Happy 10th Wedding Anniversary Planning!

Ebony
California Sol Creations
enchantedmemoriesweddingsenchantedmemoriesweddingsPosts: 37 October 22, 2010
scarlet_townsend08 wrote:
getting married march 26 2011. so nervous. we're doing a small diy wedding with a budget of 3000. it might increase if our circumstances change. My biggest worry is that i cant pull it all together the way i want it to be. Just thought I'd share with some other brides that giftsandotherwise.com seems to have a nice selection of favors and table decorations for the reception. as far as flowers go. i need help with that!!!!

The Dollar Store should be your best friend! You can get small bowls for flowers and fill them with water and floating candles with ribbon in your colars on the rim of the bowl ( the ones I used were more like a small flower vase but more rounded and I tied the ribbon around the neck). I did 40 of them and it cost be $80 plus ribbon, which we used from the bouquets, as my mother made all of them in silk flowers.

It is possible to realize your dreams on a budget. If you would like more ideas, do not hesitate to contact us for more information.

Best of luck with your wedding!

Kim Schrack
enchantedmemoriesweddingsenchantedmemoriesweddingsPosts: 37 October 22, 2010
tatt00fr3ak wrote:
My fiance and I are getting married Dec 31st of this year. Yesterday, the individual who was going to marry us, flaked. I'm a little mad about the whole thing, to say the least. Now I have about a month and a half to find someone to marry us. It's in south central PA, so if anyone has any contacts, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Please call us. We just did a wedding for a bride who's brother was the minister and I could get a hold of him for you. We are located in York, PA, so we can definitely help you firm up your plans and get you an officiant! I look forward to hearing from you!

Kim Schrack
L & S Events
(717) 571-0557
LandSEvents@live.com
kinde550076kinde550076Posts: 1 October 26, 2010
My fiance and I are wanting to get married July 24th 2011. We don't yet have a place and time but we're trying to get one as soon as possible. But the neither of us have a lot of money at the moment and i want to have a nice wedding and im afraid i won't be able to with not having a lot of money.
sabri419114sabri419114Posts: 1 October 26, 2010
Hi, if anybody needs floral advice please get in touch I would be glad to assist in any way possible
wthurowwthurowPosts: 34 October 27, 2010
It seems there are alot of posts about where to wed. If you'd like some ideas then I've got some samples at the bottom of this page, when you click on them it takes you directly to the venue: http://www.oursimpleceremony.com/cost.htm Contact me if you're getting married in FL! Best wishes :-)
enchantedmemoriesweddingsenchantedmemoriesweddingsPosts: 37 October 27, 2010
kinderheart75 wrote:
My fiance and I are wanting to get married July 24th 2011. We don't yet have a place and time but we're trying to get one as soon as possible. But the neither of us have a lot of money at the moment and i want to have a nice wedding and im afraid i won't be able to with not having a lot of money.

A wedding can be planned on any budget. You just have to be creative. Limiting your guest list, doing appetizers and cake only, having the wedding on a Friday night or Sunday, having the wedding and reception in your home or yard; these are just a few ideas.

Where are you located?
Approximately how many guests?
Do you have a church in mind, or an alternate location for the ceremony?
Do you have a general idea on your total budget?

This will help those of us that are here to help you, give you better information.

Kim Schrack
L & S Events
(717) 571-0557
Guest October 29, 2010
I'm getting married in 6 to 7 months and i don't even know where to begin!! Please help
DesertLightWeddingsDesertLightWeddingsPosts: 130 October 29, 2010
Congratulations! First thing you need to do is determine your budget. This is your meter for everything else. Venue, decor etc. If you have flexibility great, but I have found most couples do not and staying in budget is very important (you don't want to start out in debt)! Next make 3 lists...have to have; we want, but can do without; and finally if we have extra money let's do it.

So now you have budget, an idea of guest count, and your lists. Pick your date and search for your venue. If you are flexible on your date you may be able to get discounts with venue and vendors especially for a weekday wedding. After your venue, the rest falls into place (catering if not done through venue, DJ, photographer etc.). If you can hire a planner at least for guidance, I suggest you do so. He/she will help keep you on track and under budget!

I have a Couple's Checklist on my site, feel free to download it. This will give you ideas as you continue planning!

If you have questions, email me directly and I'll point you in the right direction (no charge).

Robbie
Desert Light Weddings
contact@desertlightweddings.com
www.desertlightweddings.com
Guest November 1, 2010
Getting married in 2011 and my biggest worry is finding the best photographer that I can. I want someone that has an artist's approach, one that can capture the beauty of my day and almost the future of our lives together...maybe they are out there!
alish549849alish549849Posts: 1 November 4, 2010
I'm getting married Feb 25, 2011

My biggest worry is making sure we get a photographer that knows what they are doing. I hate to pay tons of money for a mediocre photog. The photos are the everlasting memories and I want them to be amazing. I'm doing an out of state wedding so it's hard when you can't physically go speak to them and see their work.
BlueEyeDreams73BlueEyeDreams73Posts: 15 November 4, 2010
Alisha. stowers
Where are you getting married
Artistic Photography
Hyndman Pa.
814 842 9553
She takes amazing pics
ask for Marney Imler
DesertLightWeddingsDesertLightWeddingsPosts: 130 November 10, 2010
alisha.stowers wrote:
I'm getting married Feb 25, 2011

My biggest worry is making sure we get a photographer that knows what they are doing. I hate to pay tons of money for a mediocre photog. The photos are the everlasting memories and I want them to be amazing. I'm doing an out of state wedding so it's hard when you can't physically go speak to them and see their work.

Alisha - where is your wedding? I suggest you look at their portfolio, talk to him/her, ask for references.

My preferred photographer travels and has over 22 years experience in weddings, models, family portraits, architecture, etc. He's been published as well. He is amazing, people love him, reliable, and offers great deals. I refer him first to all of my couples and have even used him for a photo shoot of my own for a modeling contest (first time in my lfie I liked how I looked in pictures). While you are looking, check his work and talk to him. You will not be sorry you did. Matthew of Raffisson Studio Photography (from Hilton Head Island South Carolina and now resides in Phoenix, Arizona (very lucky for me!) www.az1photo.com

Robbie
Desert Light Weddings
(480) 235-0325
DesertLightWeddingsDesertLightWeddingsPosts: 130 November 10, 2010
For Guest on 11/1 looking for a photographer. I'm doing a cut and paste from what I just suggested to Alishia for a photographer:

My preferred photographer travels and has over 22 years experience in weddings, models, family portraits, architecture, etc. He's been published as well. He is amazing, people love him, reliable, and offers great deals. I refer him first to all of my couples and have even used him for a photo shoot of my own for a modeling contest (first time in my lfie I liked how I looked in pictures). While you are looking, check his work and talk to him. You will not be sorry you did. Matthew of Raffisson Studio Photography (from Hilton Head Island South Carolina and now resides in Phoenix, Arizona (very lucky for me!) www.az1photo.com

Robbie
Desert Light Weddings
(480) 235-0325 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (480) 235-0325
ANFlo562910ANFlo562910Posts: 1 November 14, 2010
We're getting married in 6 months (the 188 day countdown Eventective popped up was the first one I've seen for us and it definitely put it in perspective). My fear is that we'll run out of food or that our guests will have trouble getting from the ceremony to the reception.
weddi562668weddi562668Posts: 11 November 16, 2010
I am getting married July 15, 2011 and my biggest worry is that everything is going to go over budget and that means that me and my groom to be will not be living together for a few months. We are trying to make sure that we get a wedding in and right now we live in seperate locations and are trying to move in together but at this point we are looking at a huge price to do everything so close up. The budget is $6000 and idealy we would like for everything to come under $4,000 but it doesn't look that way. The only other thing we know to do is push the wedding from July to November and double the budget. Huge worry right now!
CaliforniaSolCreationsCaliforniaSolCreationsPosts: 17 November 17, 2010
weddingwishes2011 wrote:
I am getting married July 15, 2011 and my biggest worry is that everything is going to go over budget and that means that me and my groom to be will not be living together for a few months. We are trying to make sure that we get a wedding in and right now we live in seperate locations and are trying to move in together but at this point we are looking at a huge price to do everything so close up. The budget is $6000 and idealy we would like for everything to come under $4,000 but it doesn't look that way. The only other thing we know to do is push the wedding from July to November and double the budget. Huge worry right now!

Dear WeddingWishes2011,

You can most definitely do your wedding for $4000 or less In July! Staying with in budget worries most couple, even doubling your budget in November will worry you in some other way. A July wedding for $4000 will require you to be flexible and creative when planning your wedding. The day is really about you and your hubby to be, so don't get caught up in the wedding should- have's hype! An imitate and personalized day is way more memorable that a huge wedding soiree! Start with a small guest list 50 or at least less than 100. Have a small intimate wedding, then when you move into your own place hold a party for friends that could not share on your wedding day. Other low cost options; A dessert and ice cream bar, or an appetizer only reception. Think of a variety treats to cool down guest on a hot July evening like Adult Popsicles! Check local community centers, parks and other venues to have your wedding where you are allow to bring your own catering. A private residence, check with family or friends willing let you have a small elegant wedding at their home! Local dollar store or craft store items can make fabulous wedding centerpieces, and decor send wedding invitations via Evite.com for free! Don't be afraid to take a few non traditional steps to have a wedding day done your way!

The BEST Weddingwishes2011!

Ebony
California Sol Creations
ebony@californiasolcreations.com
CaliforniaSolCreationsCaliforniaSolCreationsPosts: 17 November 17, 2010
ANFlores1485 wrote:
We're getting married in 6 months (the 188 day countdown Eventective popped up was the first one I've seen for us and it definitely put it in perspective). My fear is that we'll run out of food or that our guests will have trouble getting from the ceremony to the reception.

ANFlores1485!

These are common worries for most couples! No worries.........

Are you having a buffet or seated meal? If seated meal make sure you get all those RSVP's from guest at least 2 weeks in advance, so you can properly plan for guest attending. Most venues will have a few extra meals on hand just in case and charge you at the end of the event, but try to avoid this by calling unanswered RSVP'd guest. Having a buffet style meal? Think about having servers to spoon the food to guest plates for the first go visit to the line, to make sure all guest eat, then guest can self serve seconds and thirds!

To help guest get from ceremony to reception have copies of the directions available for guest at the sign in table, or place them in guest seats at the ceremony. You might be able to have your officiant make an announcement at the end of the ceremony to see your attendants, the best man or maid of honor for directions.

Best Wedding Wishes!

Ebony
California Sol Creations
ebony@californiasolcreations.com
Guest November 24, 2010
I am getting married June 11, 2011. However, my biggest worry right now is find a place to have our reception at a reasonable price, a photagrapher and a DJ.
lorib644877lorib644877Posts: 1 March 10, 2011
I'm getting married in a year but I am trying to find a place to have my reception and I have no idea where to look anyone have a idea of affordable places for a reception
GUMBY1GUMBY1Posts: 2 May 26, 2011
loriboates wrote:
I'm getting married in a year but I am trying to find a place to have my reception and I have no idea where to look anyone have a idea of affordable places for a reception

Please let us know your city & state. Though I am located in Louisville, Kentucky, I (like most reputable & licensed caterers/venue owners) can offer ideas in other areas also. If you are in the Louisville area, we keep a long list of available venues to share with our clients. There is a venue for every budget: designated banquet facilities, historic homes, community centres, bank/church/school sites, public parks, woman's clubs, etc. We also have our own full-service facility with a huge list of included amenities: www.EdesiaGardens.com Feel free to call on us to get additional ideas on finding the perfect location & catering to fit your desires (and your budgets!) Best Wishes! Gumby
Gumby's Custom Catering & Edesia Gardens
10212 Taylorsville Road
Louisville, Ky. 40299
Ph: 502-263-7100
Email: EdesiaGardens@aol.com
Thomp660488Thomp660488Posts: 1 August 24, 2011
Getting married in May 2012 in Clagary Alberta. Having a difficult time finding a ceremony venue to fit 100 guests and not a church.
billy733939billy733939Posts: 1 August 26, 2011
we are getting married 9-10-11 and have still not found a back up venue in case our outdoor beach wedding gets postponed due to heavy winds or a hurricane. The rental company will not put up the tent if the weather is too strong. Does anyone know of large halls for aproxiamately 170 people?
brand1262426brand1262426Posts: 2 5 days ago
I want to get married 07.11.15 and finding something for my budget at myrtle beach will be hard on a budget of 1500 for wedding and reception

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: