Wedding Budget kiss that goodbye! Messages in this topic - RSS

Wedding Budget kiss that goodbye! Messages in this topic - RSS

sbarn443751sbarn443751Posts: 190 June 17, 2010
I have booked a photographer, videographer, now looking for a dj. And my venue is expensive but there is a lot that is included. So my $5000 wedding just interfered with my $5,000 honeymoon! Now what do I do? Do I up it? I have decided to do my own centerpieces and still do party favors. But Budget is gone. Any advise? Wedding planners are not in the budget!Whaaaaa?upset
ballooncrewballooncrewPosts: 2 June 17, 2010
Dear Wedding Budget,

This happens more than you know. We do weddings and at the last minute, brides need to cut things. I agree that you need to try and stick to your budget but a DJ is VERY important. At me wedding the DJ we had picked forgot my entrance music! A bad memory forever! Have family members or friends help out. Maybe instead of a shower gift, they can contribute to the "DJ FUND". See if they can also help out making the centerpieces. You'll have enough to do that day, believe me! If you need more ideas contact me at Balloon Crew in Ohio. jsopko@ballooncrewinc.com
Guest June 17, 2010
I sorry to hear about your trouble. I'm a photographer myself and when I got married I couldn't belive what the "professionals" were charging. Your paying for thier expensive leather chouch and cars etc... Its time to re think your photo and video. How much coverage do you want, do you want 3video cameras at different angles and two photographers. All the video has to be edited as well so I hope they included that in thier quote. I have been in business 5 years and we do both phot and video. Its not as fancy but we do get the full coverage and you don't brake your budget. But you also may want to wait on your honeymoon till you can afford it. Instead of going for a long honeymoon shorten it, and take a long one later on your anniversary make that special. We did and it was worth the wait :-)

Robert of www.creativeeyemedia.net
sbarn443751sbarn443751Posts: 190 June 17, 2010
Would it be better to have a wedding at a hotel?
Hkemp143243Hkemp143243Posts: 72 June 17, 2010
depends on what it costs and comes with
mrsmwh2010mrsmwh2010Posts: 1 June 17, 2010
Once you go over your budget and your not done with everything you either need to decide what you do not need or its not that big of a deal to have and what you are willing to go over for. Centerpieces are a good idea. Sams(if you have a membership) have very pretty flowers for a reasonable price. With many craft stores, you can sign up for email cupons and get as much as 50% off one item or 20% off your entire purchase. Hotels can be kind of pricey but check country clubs. We looked at 2 hotels and per person buffet was between 30-50. At the country club we are paying less than 25 for better food. For birthdays and holidays ask for things you need for the wedding so you dont have to buy it. Have a makeup/maicure party with you girl friends so they can help you decide on how to do your makeup hair and nails. If anyone you know can really sew ask them to make your ring bearer pillow and anything like that you may need. You can find decent fabric on sale all the time! Divide your guest list between really want there, want there, and be nice to invite. When someone declines from your first list send that amount of invitations out from your second list and so on and so forth. Hope it helps
Guest June 18, 2010
Stick to your budget, Plan exactly what you want. write down all the details and decide what each detail is worth to you. I got beautiful flowersfrom Publix, (our neighborhood grocery store floral deptment)they were very inexpensive. See what details you can ask a friend or relative to handel for you. Check out your local craigslist for a DJ and ask for reffereances and video if he has any.As for favors, your guest didn't come to your wedding for the jordan almonds, but you will want them to remember a special occasion. How about a single peice of Gourmet Chocolate. check out WWW.MARZIONNACHOCOLATE.COM
hlfri227254hlfri227254Posts: 21 June 18, 2010
The more you do yourself, the less everything will cost. If you have booked a videographer, photographer and DJ, just what exactly does this expensive venue include? I'm working on a $3000 budget and the venue cost can make or break your budget.
sbarn443751sbarn443751Posts: 190 June 24, 2010
My venue includes the wedding ceremony, the reception,we're doing a buffet style dinner, wedding cake. We are going there on June 29, 2010 to look at it.
hlfri227254hlfri227254Posts: 21 June 24, 2010
That's pretty darn expensive, especially for buffet style unless you have a huge guest list and appetizers and alcohol included in that deal.
kimmiemkimmiemPosts: 11 June 25, 2010
Kissing the budget goodbye is never a good thing. $5000 honeymoon? I'm going to assume you're headed to a Sandals property or a Couple property that's all inclusive. Now as far as venues, here's some tips to look out for. Ask if there is a break on the venue rental if you meet a certain dollar amount for the food and beverage. Often hotels will do this. Check some of the upscale restaurants to see if they have private dining rooms - many times these best kept secrets have no room rental or food and beverage minimums and will have beautiful 3 course meals for reasonable pricing. Don't believe the hype that buffet is cheaper - its not and its really not the best way to have a sit down dinner. Plated service ensures everyone gets the same amount of food, no seconds and best its all hot at the same time. Buffets should really not be done unless its brunch, lunch or breakfast or its the cocktail hour. Alcohol is NOT a requirement!! Usually, beverage packages are between $15 and 20 per person and are based on consumption - another nightmare since you don't know how much has been consumed until AFTER the reception. While you think doing a lot yourself is cheaper, in the end having a pro to help can give find the best deal for your budget dollar and save you time, money and headache. What kind of centerpieces and favors are you thinking of doing? Depending on what the centerpieces are I am happy to see how I can help you keep those costs in line with your budget. Additionally, I'm willing to give you 2 hours of certified wedding planner help on the house. Email me. Good luck!
sbarn443751sbarn443751Posts: 190 June 25, 2010
kimmiem wrote:
Kissing the budget goodbye is never a good thing. $5000 honeymoon? I'm going to assume you're headed to a Sandals property or a Couple property that's all inclusive. Now as far as venues, here's some tips to look out for. Ask if there is a break on the venue rental if you meet a certain dollar amount for the food and beverage. Often hotels will do this. Check some of the upscale restaurants to see if they have private dining rooms - many times these best kept secrets have no room rental or food and beverage minimums and will have beautiful 3 course meals for reasonable pricing. Don't believe the hype that buffet is cheaper - its not and its really not the best way to have a sit down dinner. Plated service ensures everyone gets the same amount of food, no seconds and best its all hot at the same time. Buffets should really not be done unless its brunch, lunch or breakfast or its the cocktail hour. Alcohol is NOT a requirement!! Usually, beverage packages are between $15 and 20 per person and are based on consumption - another nightmare since you don't know how much has been consumed until AFTER the reception. While you think doing a lot yourself is cheaper, in the end having a pro to help can give find the best deal for your budget dollar and save you time, money and headache. What kind of centerpieces and favors are you thinking of doing? Depending on what the centerpieces are I am happy to see how I can help you keep those costs in line with your budget. Additionally, I'm willing to give you 2 hours of certified wedding planner help on the house. Email me. Good luck!
I am doing small glass containers with sand, colored rocks, with candles in the containers. We are doing a beach theme. Where everyone is getting a dolphin key chain,2 beach balls per person, and fish clappers instead of the bells. The children that are attending our wedding are getting a plush dolphin, plush sea turtle, fish print sunglasses,and we found paradise treat boxes, mini sippers. The adults are gettting 2 can covers, coasters, voltive candle holders,and glow in the dark cups.
Also, I am not sure how many centerpieces to make so that everyone can take those home. The flowers for my maid of honor, myself, the groom, and the best man are all going to have fake flowers.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: