I just started planning my wedding.. Messages in this topic - RSS

I just started planning my wedding.. Messages in this topic - RSS

CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 July 16, 2010
crosbykandace
send me an email to my private email address. let me know the following:
* your estimated # of guests
* your date/season
* your full budget and how flexible you are monitarily
* there are a lot of themes you can choose from, but it's important that you do what you both love. if you guys love rock and roll, then a great dance theme would be great. if you are traditional and want lace and white flowers, then do that.

contact me. i'll give you two initial free consultations by email.
Best!
liseramos@msn.com
www.allenspatzphotography.com
dhall487964dhall487964Posts: 1 July 31, 2010
Congratulations on your engagement! What area is your wedding?
sbarn443751sbarn443751Posts: 190 August 1, 2010
Central New York. Cortland/Homer area. We found our reception venue.
studi467094studi467094Posts: 11 August 2, 2010
crosbykandace wrote:
^ that was me, didnt realize i wasnt still logged in.

Hey there!
I understand your desire to plan your own wedding. This in itself can be both fun and frustrating but it gives you a real sense of accomplishment when you get it all together....right? BUT please remember, as an event planner, I have made relationships, grown those relationships, and negotiated rates that you SIMPLY WON'T GET on your own. I mean no disrespect...but I have the buying power of thousands of brides...you have the buying power of one. It seems a little 'rude' to say it this way...but it is like a small local business going head to head with the large department or discount stores and expecting to get the same prices. For example, when a photographer hears me say to him/her, "I have a bride that falls $300 shy of your package..." what he really hears me say is, "I am sending you yet another bride...work with me on this one...." In my experience with vendors, I can get delivery fees waived, cake cutting fees waived, services discounted, and favors at cost....
I do not feel as if I am cheating these vendors though because I would never ask for a half off or drastic reduction...but small reductions on a lot of services still equal a lot of savings in the end. In fact, 94.8% of the time, I save my brides more than they paid me.
I may not be in your area, although most wedding planners will travel, but I may be able to point you in the right direction or give you some questions to ask those you are thinking of hiring. Feel free to call me at 317-490-7894 for any questions or advice you may need. As always, per the web site agreement, I will offer that at no cost to you.
Suz Haire: owner, designer, planner
Studio Brides & Events, Indianapolis and beyond
AdBrownWeddingsAdBrownWeddingsPosts: 2 August 2, 2010
Planning a wedding can be stressful. The best investment into your day/wedding is a event planner who does all the stressing for you...I am available to help if you still need it. I am located in Savannah...email me at info@andreatracyevents.com
wthurowwthurowPosts: 34 August 3, 2010
Congratulations! The knot is a good site but every professional is not listed on it because they charge a high price to have a good posting.
Our Simple Ceremony in FL offers a professional Officiant for a budget
price. Weddings are expensive enough, and the ceremony should not be. Information can be found at: http://www.oursimpleceremony.com/ Best of luck!
MajesticDesignsMajesticDesignsPosts: 30 August 6, 2010
Congratulations to all of you! Planning your wedding can be stressful but if you take it one step at a time, it is possible and you can actually enjoy it. I planned my wedding with help from my wonderful Mom and sister. My aunt actually did day of coordination for me. It turned out wonderful. 11 years later, we're still together.
One mother-of-the-bride mentioned to search website for suggestions. That is a good idea. Some of the major websites out there have great professionals on them but it is true. The professionals that you will see first ARE ones that can afford to advertise on the sites.
So my suggeston, and not just because I'm here, but look on some of the forums and see what professionals are making suggestions that MAKE SENSE and see if they are available to help you with your event. If they are willing to give their time to give free advice, then maybe they are willing to work with you to make your event special.
With that said, if anyone is in need of stationery for their wedding, I am a stationer who specializes in affordable custom designed stationery and favors that fits any theme. Feel free to contact me if you need some help.
Guest August 6, 2010
Hello i have been to the knot, but also you could use a wedding coordinator. I know me personaly i am a wedding planner and i am currently doing a 50% deal for the first 3 brides that contact me so you could look into it. Check my website at www.divinedesign2010.weebly.com or email me at divinedesigninc.2010@gmail.com
CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 August 6, 2010
Dear crosbykandace
Don't forget - there are loads of bridal magazines, many with sheets included for you to plan your wedding yourself - planning sheets and time tables. Also there are many bridal planning books that will also guide you along the process. Take a look at them (you can visit your nearest bookstore that usually has a bridal book section and a magazine section) and browse. You will find something wonderful and for a few bucks be on your way. After you have reviewed your material and it looks way too overwhelming, then you should consult a planner who is well worth the usual cost of $1000-$3000. Well worth it, because they will personally guide you, keep you on a budget and come up with fabulous ideas -- really get to know you and your vision. Here's my book pick:

Your Personal Wedding Planner: A Brides's "Must Have" Companion While Planning the Wedding of Her Dreams by Jo Anna Zaffree (and I'm sure you can order this on Amazon, if you wish).

Also, getting magazines is helpful because there are lots of contests for free honeymoons, limos and other services, so do begin to pick up a different one each month.

Initially, you should have some idea of what you want, ie:
*colors
*modern or traditional
*night party or garden reception
*club atmosphere or countryside
*formal clothing or a more funky, eclectic look
*what are your favorite colors?
*beach wedding or church/temple?
*black tie affair or cowboy ho-down
*winter? summer? fall? winter?

Good luck to everyone! If I can be of help, do contact me!
Lise Ramos
Creative Director
www.allenspatzphotography.com
212-928-6572
liseramos@msn.com
wckee496105wckee496105Posts: 1 August 11, 2010
We're planning to get married next summer sometime in June. We'd like the wedding to be outdoors. We just started planning for this so any advice or help is great. I'm a marine stationed out in Washington D.C. but we want to get married back home in Dayton, Ohio. Thanks for the help.
BrevardMinisterBrevardMinisterPosts: 157 August 11, 2010
I used to think wedding planners were a luxury. I planned my own wedding and did fine...until the day of my wedding when I really wanted someone else to take over so I could just enjoy the day and not worry about details. Now that I have been involved in literally hundreds of weddings as a vendor I can tell you the ones with the least problems and the most relaxed couples have been the ones with planners. A good planner can help you establish the budget and then stay within it. They really can be worth their weight in gold.

Best Wishes and Good Luck!
Rev. Ann Fuller
Melbourne, FL
adehi494435adehi494435Posts: 2 August 12, 2010
sbarnhart1974 wrote:
Is it possible to have a nice formal wedding and a casual reception for under $5,000. Or do I up the budget to$10,000?

It all depends what your wants and needs are and how many guests you're inviting. Of course anyone can have a wedding for $5,000, but don't expect to have everything when you're inviting 100 guests to your wedding at $50. In most cities you couldn't have a dinner for 2 for $100, including tax, gratuity, drinks. Be realistic when you start planning your wedding.

Often we get to hear as wedding planners, that "we can't afford a wedding planner". How do you know you can't afford a wedding planner. Wedding planners know the "ins", where to "bargain" shop, get the best deals, find "hidden" venues and more. They also have a more of a negotiating power as they work with the vendors on a regular basis. As a bride to be, you're in general being considered a "one time only" client. You might recommend the vendor but you wouldn't necessary use the services of the vendor anytime soon. Hopefully.

The way we normally work is we start with a wish list of everything the couple would like to have for their wedding. Separately we start a guest list, divided into three segments.

1) All the guests we would want to send an invitation to.
2) All the guests who would most likely say "yes" to come to the wedding
3) All the guests we really would like to have at the wedding

This will help you to get your head around on how many guests you really want, how many guests you really want to invite and how large/small your budget is going to be.

Having planned many weddings, including my own, budgets can run a wide range. My own wedding was a destination wedding in a foreign country. 70 guests came to the wedding. We took care of everyone's needs the day of the wedding plus a separate party the day before the wedding. Our budget was $1,000 per person and was well worth the money spend. All of us are still talking about it and we're currently considering a "reunion" at our 10 year anniversary - coming up in 4 years.

Check out our site at www.adh-events.com/weddings/ or speak to Virginia Lionberger at 312-265-9759 or at vlionberger@adh-events.com for more information.
adehi494435adehi494435Posts: 2 August 12, 2010
wckeeper108 wrote:
We're planning to get married next summer sometime in June. We'd like the wedding to be outdoors. We just started planning for this so any advice or help is great. I'm a marine stationed out in Washington D.C. but we want to get married back home in Dayton, Ohio. Thanks for the help.

Let us know if there is anything we assist you with. We're experts in planning destination weddings, whether it is in Dayton, Ohio or elsewhere. The last few months we've plans weddings in Iowa, London (United Kingdom) and Amsterdam (the Netherlands). Paul, in our office, is from Dayton and still has family and friends there. For any help on planning your wedding, get in touch with Virginia Lionberger at vlionberger@adh-events.com or at 312-265-9759.
meahy498693meahy498693Posts: 1 August 15, 2010
The best suggestion that I was given that really seemed to work is to register for Bridal shows. The are very informative, fun and free! You just show up to 1 location and many vendors are there waiting for all the things you need including a place and everything. They are all looking to get business so they are willing to answer and questions that you have. You are not obligated to anything other than to show up. It is a fun time and you can go with a friend or family member, even the groom. Good luck!
GLAML509482GLAML509482Posts: 1 August 30, 2010
IF YOU NEED HELP PLANNING YOUR WEDDING PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

GLAMLYFEPROMOTIONS@GMAIL.COM
rache505265rache505265Posts: 1 September 4, 2010
ok, I'm plannin my 2nd wedding. it has been pretty easy since for both of them I have started planning 9 months in advanced. Neither time did I set a budget, and my first one was less than 8,000.00 and this one isn't even close so far! the key is with a budget, dont set one. dont limit yourself on what you want---BUT ONLY SPEND WITHIN YOUR MEANS! that way you wont be going into debt. and also, CHOOSE WHAT PLEASES YOU--NOT YOUR FAMILY OR FRIENDS!

Also, I am in need of a dj and videographer. My wedding will be in Boonville, IN on Feb. 19, 2011. Any ideas on sites or vendors anyone???
angel516872angel516872Posts: 1 September 9, 2010
crosbykandace wrote:
i just started to plan my wedding so i was looking at different websites to help. i went to theknot.com but it was asking specific questions about locations and so on. we know othe city but not sure of location. we know our date and colors but thats about it. is this website actually good at helping find what i want or is it a waste of time?

Hi there....I'm a wedding planner that is cheaper than most....I can help you out with all the details for $650 flat rate, that includes all planning, rehearsal and day of.
e-mail me if you interested!
angelweddingandeventplanners@hotmail.com
Crystal Blackwood
lynn1101lynn1101Posts: 2 September 16, 2010
I to just started planing my wedding and I have not yet found a in Dayton.Ohio
Lori514711Lori514711Posts: 1 September 24, 2010
Just a thought- If planning your wedding gets to be to much, you could always just go on a cruise and let their wedding planners take care of everything for you. Being in Georgia you are within driving distance to a couple of great ports. Oh and don't worry about your guests and or wedding party, they can either sail with you or just come onboard for your wedding during the embarkation day and then two of you could just sail away. They have many cost effective packages to choose from. Contact : PrestigeTravelVacations.com for more info.
share518234share518234Posts: 7 September 28, 2010
I am in Cincinnati Ohio, and I am having a HARD time finding any thing affordable for my wedding I’m getting married next year in August , and I’m on a very tight budget, the main things I’m really worried about costing an arm and a leg are....VENUE, CATERORS, DECORTAION, PHOTOGRAPHY AND ENTERMAINMENT. If anyone have any ideas please, please please, let me no my email is rena_vinny@yahoo.com Thank you all so much.
steph530913steph530913Posts: 5 September 28, 2010
wckeeper108 wrote:

If you'd like a creative and affordable photographer who is avaiable for travel, check out the website: www.angleofincidencephotography.com
Outdoor weddings are beautiful, and June is a great month for weddings.
steph530913steph530913Posts: 5 September 28, 2010
sharenanaree wrote:
I am in Cincinnati Ohio, and I am having a HARD time finding any thing affordable for my wedding I’m getting married next year in August , and I’m on a very tight budget, the main things I’m really worried about costing an arm and a leg are....VENUE, CATERORS, DECORTAION, PHOTOGRAPHY AND ENTERMAINMENT. If anyone have any ideas please, please please, let me no my email is rena_vinny@yahoo.com Thank you all so much.

If you'd like a creative and affordable photographer who is avaiable for travel, check out the website: www.angleofincidencephotography.com
We are available to travel, feel free to contact us with questions.
stepi524243stepi524243Posts: 7 October 2, 2010
Yes you can plan your own Wedding. It will be better to hire a wedding planner. He or She can help you with your budget, the singing of the contract, help you save money,seating arrangement, keep up with vendors, so that the day of the wedding your not running around with your head cut off. If any thing go wrong he or she is there to take care of the problem.
gpstu536443gpstu536443Posts: 1 October 6, 2010
Kandace,
My wife and I own Chicas Bridal in Albany, Ga and this is part of what we do. When brides come in to the store we help them form start to finish so that this special day will not be overtaken by the worries of what to do and how to do it. Our girls are the very best at helping you coordinate your colors with dresses, flowers, and even the guys in their tuxes on the most important day of your life. Let us know if their is anything we can do! Our website is www.chicasofalbany.com. Be blessed and enjoy the journey that will last a lifetime!

Gary & Kim
anaff298757anaff298757Posts: 3 October 6, 2010
Yes, Eventective is a good wedding planning source. My only suggestion is if you put a request in for quotes from a vendor, be sure to open the e-mails from the eventective notification you get. I've responded to many requests from couples needing help and haven't had them open the message I've sent. I'm not saying this in a disgruntled manner, but just to inform everyone about the information they have submitted. Some vendors, like myself, will service people with some of your wedding needs, at great prices, even though they are not from your area. You can save a lot of money doing this. My best to you in your wedding planning. Patricia Roth Colorado Springs. =crosbykandace]i just started to plan my wedding so i was looking at different websites to help. i went to theknot.com but it was asking specific questions about locations and so on. we know othe city but not sure of location. we know our date and colors but thats about it. is this website actually good at helping find what i want or is it a waste of time?
marie541424marie541424Posts: 2 October 13, 2010
I just started my planning and I am also in Iowa.  I just got engaged last week and am already stressed.  Not sleeping and such.  My budget in nice however, in iowa it is hard to find anything online that is not totally out of my price budget.  I am looking in council bluffs area. Glenwood and such. But I just don't have the money to get a planner because at this rate I am going to have to use it all on my Venue. Jcornwell86 wrote:
I'm also starting to plan my wedding...I'm starting a year in advance and already feel behind...I'm located in Iowa and find that very few vendors represent the midwest here...very disappointing because I need ideas and can't seem to find any upset
DesertLightWeddingsDesertLightWeddingsPosts: 130 October 13, 2010
marie.sukup wrote:
I just started my planning and I am also in Iowa. I just got engaged last week and am already stressed. Not sleeping and such. My budget in nice however, in iowa it is hard to find anything online that is not totally out of my price budget. I am looking in council bluffs area. Glenwood and such. But I just don't have the money to get a planner because at this rate I am going to have to use it all on my Venue. Jcornwell86 wrote:
I'm also starting to plan my wedding...I'm starting a year in advance and already feel behind...I'm located in Iowa and find that very few vendors represent the midwest here...very disappointing because I need ideas and can't seem to find any upset

Marie - you might try to find a planner who offers consultation services too or assistance in just finding the venue and vendor. That way your budget is not impacted too much and you get some help. What sites have you tried to use find your venue? This one is great and www.weddingwire.com and www.gatheringguide.com are good resources as well. There are others...google search wedding venues Iowa. If you get stuck, email me and I'll try to give you some ideas - I am not from Iowa, but I'll try (no charge).

Robbie
Desert Light Weddings
contact@desertlightweddings.com
www.desertlightweddings.com
karen558913karen558913Posts: 1 November 9, 2010
I need a wedding planner that will plan my wedding in hawaii on May 14 2011. Affordable. I have not got any bites yet. Can anyone recommend someone for me. upset
Guest November 9, 2010
Congratulations! I can help you. I am a very affordable Professional Full Service wedding planner. For more information please visit www.weddingswithharmony.com
DesertLightWeddingsDesertLightWeddingsPosts: 130 November 9, 2010
karen_pearce wrote:
I need a wedding planner that will plan my wedding in hawaii on May 14 2011. Affordable. I have not got any bites yet. Can anyone recommend someone for me. upset

Hi Karen - I am not in Hawaii and do not know any planners there, but look here on Eventective and also check www.weddingwire.com. If you do not find anyone, I do travel and would love to talk with you. I'm offering some great specials and a contest you might want to enter (free planner & photographer).

Good luck!

Robbie
www.desertlightweddings.com
(480) 235-0325
frw-l562106frw-l562106Posts: 1 November 13, 2010
Hi Karen. I am a wedding planner in Los Angeles,but I am willing to travel. My name is Felicia Whitfield and I am half owner of an Event Planning business called Purple and Pink Passion.Our website is www.purpleandpinkpassion.com our number is 323-308-7318. WE CREATE MAGIC!!!!! From customized invites to personal honeymoon reservations,we do it all. And besides being within YOUR budget,with as LESS STRESS as possible. We are a family owned business, which really means just WE CARE.Contact us at 323-308-7318
hammy562754hammy562754Posts: 1 November 14, 2010
I live in Columbus, Ohio and just started planning our wedding. We are on a very limited budget since my fiance is the only one who works. (I stay at home and watch our baby and go to school) We are basically using our tax return to pay for it so obviously, it is very limited. We were thinking of getting married at one of the Metro Parks in our area, but are looking for somewhere to have the reception. We considered renting one of the lodges from the parks, but we have a big portion of the members of our family that do drink, and we will be having alcohol at our reception, so we need to find an affordable place that we can serve drinks at. If anyone has any ideas that know the columbus area please let me know. We are not looking for anything fancy, just something sufficient that we can make good memories at.
weddi562668weddi562668Posts: 11 November 15, 2010
I just started planning my wedding for Virginia Beach, Va and it is a little daunting trying to figure out if I can get it done for $6,000 or less. Me and my fiance are paying for this and we both work but we don't need the expenses so high that it gets out of control. I am wondering if it is possible to have a nice wedding of 50 people for this price and where to start in regards to the location. I have gone to many sites and gotten free samples of save the date cards, wedding invitations, and response cards. I was wondering if the response cards are necessary because I am finding that they tend to rival the price of save the date cards, which can be more expensive than the wedding invitations. I want to have the save the date's in the mail by Jan 10, to ensure that everyone gets them by the 15th. I am already overwhelmed and cannot afford a wedding planner (I don't think). Any advice is welcome!
Guest November 15, 2010
WeddingWishes2011 --

Yes, response cards are a necessity - it is the only method for getting an accurate estimate of your guest count, which drives the cost of catering, liquor, cake, etc...

As for affording a wedding planner, there are many that can save you money! Just look for more novice planners that can help - and yes, you can afford a planner - you really can't afford not to.

As for doing a wedding for $6000...it is possible. I just planned a wedding for 90 guests at a local art gallery. It was on a Sunday morning, and we served brunch, mimosas, cake, etc. There was a photographer and a string quartet as well as flowers. The couple only had one person on each side, and the total cost (including her dress) was $5,300. So, yes, it is possible.

Courtesy of Events Unwrapped (www.eventsunwrapped.net)
Your occasion. Our expertise. One perfect event!(SM)
Guest November 15, 2010
I live in Omaha NE and am beginning to plan my wedding. Budget is huge for us because we have six children and life...and are planning to have a medieval wedding. The only thing we have right now is my wedding dress on layaway. We know that we are having our wedding in September but we don't know if that will be next year or the year after...depends on how available the finances are.
weddi562668weddi562668Posts: 11 November 16, 2010
That sounds amazing! I was starting to think that I needed to push the wedding back from July to November and move the budget up to $12,000. I was not really looking forward to that but I cannot be surrounded by tackiness either. I have a few ideas for the tables and centerpieces but none for the decor of the reception hall. My colors are red, white, and silver. I am still searching on the internet and gathering information for not necessarily a theme, but for a design that is elegant and cost effective without looking tacky. When I was a little girl I always wanted to have a Cindarella theme, however. The dress, the colors, everything that was in the ball. My, have I changed.
weddi562668weddi562668Posts: 11 November 16, 2010
As far as planners go, I am a little hesitant on that because I need to make sure that I am not spending 6000 on decor and the event and then having other expenses seperate like the dress, tuxedo and rings. I cannot afford a surprise 2000 bill because I simply will not be able to afford it. I am paying from paycheck to paycheck, as things come up, so I have no room for surprise charges. Another thing is we wanted to have a honeymoon but because the wedding is already so much I don't think we will be able to do that. Getting married is expensive, I see why so many opt to just live together without doing this.
steph479680steph479680Posts: 4 November 18, 2010
weddingwishes2011... I am a Professional Wedding Planner and you really can not afford to have a planner. I have a wedding in Jan 2011 for 250 guests withan $11,000 budget including my fee and her dress! It is possible. This Bride is having a lighting company, caterer and DJ. Becasue I am a planner, I receive "discounts" from vendors and pass them along to my client. I offer FREE consults, so if you would like to give me a call, I can give you ideas. I am located in Greenville, SC. 864-469-9795 or contact me through my web site www.greer101flowersandevents.com
missd559688missd559688Posts: 4 November 19, 2010
I am in Georgia but, was raised in Elkin NC I am a certified wedding planner and I perform weddings
if you need any help I will help if needed
robin lake
Rojolake Designs LLC and wedding services
912-673-6713
missd559688missd559688Posts: 4 November 19, 2010
crosbykandace wrote:
We do have a budget but not quite sure what it is right now, i guess we will just decided when we get an idea on what the different people charge.. and we are located in statesboro georgia. we dont want to have an outside wedding just in case it rains. so definitely in a church.

I would charge gas mileage
and 10% of the cost of the wedding

$30,000 wedding
my cost $3,000 plus gas mileage
weddi562668weddi562668Posts: 11 November 19, 2010
I found a venue!! I had to look at NC instead of VA because everyone's quotes were too high or they never got back to me for a quote, which is rude and makes me not want to do business with you in the first place. The venue is $500, beautiful, and it's a blank canvas so I can decorate as I need it and I can now afford plated food at $35 a plate. At the end of this I would be well below my budget which is what I was looking for!
Guest November 22, 2010
Don't forget the Videographer! All to often the Videographer is an after thought, when it should be one of the first. You put a lot of time and effort into your Wedding, don't you want to remember all the sights and sounds of that day?

Visit our website: www.AgapeCreationsVideography.com

We are changing the way people watch Weddings!
roger568843roger568843Posts: 3 November 26, 2010
crosbykandace wrote:
he decided that were werent going to do anything that was not local, to much of an expence he said. im glad i started planning early, because i can tell this is going to be difficult.

Wow lots of great advise, for you guys. There are tones of things out there to get and do for your wedding. My wife planned our wedding 5 years ago when we got married. And there is a lot that goes into it that is for sure. But don't get overwhelmed just take things on one at a time. For example if you want a photographer, find a couple and get quote, DJ is the same, Caterer is mostly about what you want then what you want to spend. Location we got married on the beach at a local lake and didn't care about the weather, if it rained than we were going to get wet and start the day off uniquely. Our party was the next day the ceremony was only our closest friends and relatives (50 ppl) reception was 250. I am an entertainer and performing magic and balloon animals at weddings and other functions and have found that it is always an exciting and fun addition to any event. So you might want to consider that as well.

Anyway you will figure out everything you need, just take it one step at a time, and remember nothing goes perfectly, as much as we would like it to, roll with the happenings of the planning and day and you will have a very memorable wedding.

Have a great day.

Roger Boucher
ruschfunruschfunPosts: 1 November 27, 2010
Being a drummer, DJ, Keyboardist in Saginaw, MI for weddings full time, I have developed a vast knowledge of the wedding industry. I recommend that you find vendors with tons of experience to assist! I just performed at my 1300th wedding, last March! 1971-2010. I know so many vendors, that I ask my brides what else I can do to help! I have referred everything from photographers, videographers, venues, Officiant , etc... These are all Great Vendor that I have worked with before!
I am, currently, helping one of my Aug 2011 brides find a venue, caterer & photographer in Traverse City. She lives in South Carolina. I just LOVE to help my brides, anyway I can! It helps our DJ business, Rusch Entertainment, grow each year! Most Vendors love to give advice.
enchantedmemoriesweddingsenchantedmemoriesweddingsPosts: 37 November 30, 2010
The other benefit to hiring a planner is that they can help get you lower prices for the things that you want, which will help your budget. I agree that planning yorru own wedding can be very stressful and that is what planners are there for, to make sure that your day is everything you imagined it to be. We make sure that we take care of the little details that might bog you down during your special day. That is actually how I got started in this business. I planned my own and was so swamped in the little things that had to happen, and trying to diffuse situations as they happened, that I didn't really spend much time just enjoying my own reception.
Just keep it in mind. If you decide to use a planner, give me a call and I will help you locate one in your area.
Good luck!
AJMorrisPhotography wrote:
crosbykandace wrote:
^ that was me, didnt realize i wasnt still logged in.

You can always plan your wedding, but on your special day, I'm sure you wont want to take care of everything. Trust me, I planned everything for my wedding and on my wedding day, it felt like I couldn't enjoy myself because I had to make sure all of the little things are correct. If you can find a planner that will do "The day of" that would be good.

Good Luck =)
weddingbouquetsweddingbouquetsPosts: 7 November 30, 2010
We are a silk wedding flower internet based company in business for 11 years.
We would love to help you brainstorm the different ideas for your flowers based on your color scheme and budget. Give us a call for a FREE 15 minute consultation to help you get started. www.weddingbouquets.com 248-274-9545
TraffTestTraffTestPosts: 1 December 8, 2010
Check this video, maybe it helps u!!!

http://trafftest.webstarts.com/
nalev575233nalev575233Posts: 1 December 8, 2010
I am planning our wedding for June 12, 2011 .. I am meeting difficulty with my inlaws as his mom is handicapped and uses a walker and they are snowbirds and live in Paramus NJ from April to Nov. My dad is handicapped - needs and uses a wheelchair and has an aide to assist him. It would be a lot easier to have the wedding in South Jersey for my mom and dad who are footing this bill as opposed to Paramus NJ where his parents live. His mom is stating that she cannot travel and not mobile anymore and insists we have it in North Jersey to the point she would cry if she could not be there to see her son get married ... blah blah blah ... I have told her my dad is in a wheelchair and needs an aide. It would be alot easier for my mom and dad to do it in NJ but she is very set in her ways. LOL Mom in law to be travels in a car with father in law every year from NJ to VA which is 6 hours in a car to catch the auto train in Lorton VA and then off the train in Sanford and drive to Boca which is 3 hours. My dad has limited mobility and would travel in a wheelchair van which we bought for him with an aide. It would take about 1 to 2 hours from south to north jersey. How do I convice my mother inlaw and father in law as well as sister in law that it would be better in south jersey and she mom in law can make it 2 hours in a car.

What is the best way to tackle this issue ?

signed

Frustrated Bride trying to keep peace in the families
DickensDigitalDickensDigitalPosts: 4 December 8, 2010
You and your fiance' must decide what is best for YOU. You must learn early in a marriage that you can not, and will not, always please everyone. You are a young couple just starting out and there will be many more issues like this down the road - holidays, grandchildren, and other special occasions. Your husband-to-be should be the one to deal with his parents -- you do not want to start out your married life feuding with his mom. You two make a decision, then he conveys it to his parents. It will be up to them to decide what they do with the information. DO NOT beat yourself up over this. If it's important enough for your in-laws-to-be to be there (ie Boca,) then they'll find a way.
DjTuxDjTuxPosts: 11 December 9, 2010
The knot can be quite a decent resource as they have a volume of information, vendors and advice on it. It can appear a little overwhelming at first. But there are a lot of resources within the knot that are reputable companies with reviews you can check out for yourself. Plus the forums are helpful.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: