Wedding on a Budget Can be Done! Messages in this topic - RSS

Wedding on a Budget Can be Done! Messages in this topic - RSS

cater589701cater589701Posts: 2 Grand Rapids, MI April 3, 2013
Many times the bride to be and her special groom feel that they need to plan a wedding on a "Princess Kate" budget. Lets face it if you had that kind of money you wouldn't be searching through web-sites for tips on affordable wedding planning. When it comes to a budget you need to keep a few things in mind:

1. Find the location that best serves you and your guests, not the same expensive location that a friend used for their wedding.

2. Think outside the box. Many location exist if you just search.

3. You can cut corners in certain areas while keeping a nice wedding reception. Keep in mind the thing your guests will remember most about the wedding is how you looked. The thing they remember most about the reception is how the food taste, so this is not an area to skimp on.

4. Compare companies when planning. A venue that does their own food is going to be higher priced then one that allows for an outside caterer.

A savy bride will not follow the pack but will lead by finding a great location, great prices, and the best bang for her buck. Although you may not be a bride planning a Michigan wedding I would highly suggest you view our website and blog for many great tips. As always post questions and I would be happy to answer them for you.

Steven, Chef

Signature Catering

(WEBSITE) www.cateringbysignature.com

(BLOG) www.blog.cateringbysignature.com

(FACEBOOK) www.facebook.com/cateringbysignature
DistrictFeteDistrictFetePosts: 2 April 4, 2013
Steven as an Event Planner you are very correct on these tips. We tend to encourage our clients to think outside the box and give different spaces a chance. More often everyone is stuck in having an event at a hotel which can be more expensive and have a higher food and beverage minimum over using a catering company. Also in peak seasons more of the unheard of venues are wanting you to book them because they need the business and wont raise fees like the typical venues might.
Guest April 10, 2013
Really good topic. I read it and i like. You should also read for your family member wedding planning.
sweet1029844sweet1029844Posts: 2 May 1, 2013
Ok I feel that way but having trouble finding a venue in my area fayetteville nc my budget is 5000 my theme is Hollywood vintage glamour but here is the shocker I hate flowers fake or real .....any suggestions ..date January 11 2014

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: