Any suggestions with such a small budget?? Messages in this topic - RSS

Any suggestions with such a small budget?? Messages in this topic - RSS

micke1013307
micke1013307
me and my 3 siblings are planning a 25th wedding vow renewal for our parents tight budget of $1800Whaaaaa? so far all we have is the venue it's a little diffrent for us because my parents have been through so much but it never seems to break them my mom is in a wheelchair and hooked to a feeding machine and cathe bag 24/7 due to having 2 strokes they adopted five children and went through so much with them but they are still soo happy and in love so we wanna make this day very special for them cause they never complain and would'nt say no to anyone in need and they are always upbeat and happy anything negative they find the positive in it i don't know how they do it.. but our budget is strainedupset any sugestions or anyone willing to donate deco,flapper dresses zoot suits etc. or tell us where we can find some of these things really cheap would be greatly appreciated their theme is,1920's colors silver and mulberry. thanks to all in advance for all your help. P.S we're located in temple tx which is 1 hour from austin tx,and 2 hours from dallas tx
Carolyn42Moore
Carolyn42Moore
Do yoy know the art teacher at loxcal high school? Perhaps students can draw (standee size) figures of 1920's people that you can hang on the wall or cut out and back with cardboard and stand around room. Be sure to offer to pay for at least the supplies.
JoeMiller
JoeMiller
I would suggest getting a photographer for such an important event. Hire a pro, but it will cost you something. Not sure how much it would cost in TX. Up in MN maybe between $200 - $500, but it really depends upon options/prints, etc.

Guest March 9, 2013
I use to work @ the highschool so i will check that out thanks corolyn42moore

Guest March 9, 2013
I'll start getting price qoutes for a photographer hopefully it'll be within this budget of ours thanks joemiller
pamel1014603
pamel1014603
You could just get a friend or relative who's good at photography to take pictures. Utilize friends' skills, whether it be cooking, baking, art, gardening, crafts, ect. Check out thrift stores and ebay for supplies
Barba1008906
Barba1008906
Make a list of everything you need and a coordinating list of people who have offered to help. Match the items with your resources. Post the list to let everyone keep up with what has been committed already. Have a wonderful time celebrating an amazing family celebration.
micke1013307
micke1013307
Thanks Barbara.goodridge,Now do i make a list of supplies needed or everthing?also to,Pamella.niemiec,Do i ask relatives for help or just let them offer what they want to help with?
thech563520
thech563520
A BUNCH of very fun, very affordable starting point links for you! Enjoy

thech563520
thech563520
Here is a very cute and helpful site for budget ideas for a Flapper themed event:
http://www.ehow.com/list_6155610_ideas-flapper-birthday-party.html
ginak1015511
ginak1015511
mickeymouseangel05 wrote:
me and my 3 siblings are planning a 25th wedding vow renewal for our parents tight budget of $1800Whaaaaa? so far all we have is the venue it's a little diffrent for us because my parents have been through so much but it never seems to break them my mom is in a wheelchair and hooked to a feeding machine and cathe bag 24/7 due to having 2 strokes they adopted five children and went through so much with them but they are still soo happy and in love so we wanna make this day very special for them cause they never complain and would'nt say no to anyone in need and they are always upbeat and happy anything negative they find the positive in it i don't know how they do it.. but our budget is strainedupset any sugestions or anyone willing to donate deco,flapper dresses zoot suits etc. or tell us where we can find some of these things really cheap would be greatly appreciated their theme is,1920's colors silver and mulberry. thanks to all in advance for all your help. P.S we're located in temple tx which is 1 hour from austin tx,and 2 hours from dallas tx
ginak1015511
ginak1015511
Hello! I am Wedding Consultant with much experience. My first suggestion is Ebay. I have saved so many brides money on anything needed for a Wedding. You are protected through Paypal via Ebay. I have had NO problems with any items ordered! Begin with where you want to have the Wedding. (The Venue) It can be in a beautiful field, gazebos in a park, or simply at a friends's home. When you go to Ebay, go to Wedding Supplies and you will find EVERYTHING you need at great prices! Silk bouquets or Fan Bouquets are great and inexpensive. Many people are doing a small cake for Bride and Groom and cupcakes for guest. Have the Wedding in the afternoon hrs. SAM's Club has meat, cheese and fruit trays. Some weddings, even have the guest bring a coevered dish! ( I live in the South!) All plates, cups and silverware is at the SAM'S Club as well. (Clear or colors) Now, gowns..Ebay as well. Check the rating of the seller. There are MANY you can bid on and others selling. Make sure you are able to get refund if needed and ALWAYS pay via Paypal. As for photos, have for your guests, disposable cameras and let them click away!! Make sure to collect all camera's and take to Wal-Mart and have them place photo on disk(s). If you need further help, please, email me at ginakat2003@yahoo.com God Bless! Gina

Guest March 14, 2013
intersting
jadie808
jadie808
I saved a ton of money on my wedding just from friends and relatives helping out with different things. Ask them to help in a specific area that they are comfortable doing. Meet them halfway - offer to provide the equipment/materials/supplies and they provide their time and talents to help create something spectacular and affordable for your parents.
micke1013307
micke1013307
thanx everyone for all your suggestions they are all great! I'm taking all of them to heart and looking into each one just wanted to take a moment to say thank you all!
jadie808
jadie808
I can recommend a great photographer in Temple, TX. Her business is called Butterbean Photography. Here is a link to her facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/ButterbeanPhotography She is also very reasonably priced! Good Luck!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: