Queen of the Day 70th birthday party for my mom in New York on August 17, 2013 Messages in this topic - RSS

Queen of the Day 70th birthday party for my mom in New York on August 17, 2013 Messages in this topic - RSS

talto994323talto994323Posts: 1 Brooklyn, NY January 22, 2013
I'm trying to plan my mom's 70th birthday party in New York. I currently live in Houston, TX but my family and friends involved in helping me pull this off live in Brooklyn, NY. The theme is Queen of the day. I need information on a place, food/bev, limo ride, carriage ride if possible, florist, photographer, spa treatment/brunch (before party), makeup, etc, etc... it's for approx for 100 guest. This is definitely on a budget but I want to make this as special as I can. She's a great lady, married to my dad for over 50 years, never ask for anything and has never had a birthday party in her life. Just found that out so this is extremely important to make this happen for her.. P.S... this is a non alcoholic event.

I could use all the info or advice to help me with the special birthday. Any suggestion or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Guest January 22, 2013
We have created custom made water bottle wraps for such occasions. They can be themed to the event, have a QR code linked to a particular video or song, have pics etc. With a non-acoholic event, this would work extremely well. www.sarahs-seasonings.com or email us at info@sarahs-seasonings.com
CheersPartyCheersPartyPosts: 3 January 22, 2013
Hi - We are just coordinating one in Miami. Theme is Disco Fever! We are going to recreate the food, music, etc....
CheersPartyCheersPartyPosts: 3 January 22, 2013
Here some food menu options:

Classic American Appetizer Menu
Recipes and Menu created by Chef Marian from Le Cordon Bleu class of 2003

OPTION 1…
Fluffernutter Sandwiches (fluff and peanut butter, Jelly)
Virginia Ham & American Cheese Sandwich
Potatoes Chips w/ Sour Cream Onion Dip
Guacamole w/ Tortilla
Cheese whiz & Ritz

OPTION 2 …
Fluffernutter Sandwiches (fluff and peanut butter, Jelly)
Cheese-doodles & Chex mix
Cheese whiz & Ritz
Guacamole w/ Tortilla
Charcuterie Platter
Pop Corn

OPTION 3 …
Cheese-doodles & Chex mix
Cheese whiz & Ritz
Smoked Salmon Sandwiches
Deviled Eggs w/ Ham
Cheese Fondu
Pop Corn
Guest January 22, 2013
Highlands Castle located in Lake George NY would be an ideal setting for any Queen's 70th Birthday celebration. The castle can accommodate 50 family & friends for your Mom's special day.
Guest January 22, 2013
My entire immediate family live in Houston also.
I live on the Jersey Shore and can arrange a party like this NP!
I have been a chef and caterer 25 + yrs. and have a lot of contacts to make the most perfect 70th bday!
If you Have any interest give me a call 732-462-9154
Sincerely
Alex w / cateringbyalex@verizon.net
732 462-9154
chamaco2345chamaco2345Posts: 2 January 22, 2013
taltonshanda wrote:
I'm trying to plan my mom's 70th birthday party in New York. I currently live in Houston, TX but my family and friends involved in helping me pull this off live in Brooklyn, NY. The theme is Queen of the day. I need information on a place, food/bev, limo ride, carriage ride if possible, florist, photographer, spa treatment/brunch (before party), makeup, etc, etc... it's for approx for 100 guest. This is definitely on a budget but I want to make this as special as I can. She's a great lady, married to my dad for over 50 years, never ask for anything and has never had a birthday party in her life. Just found that out so this is extremely important to make this happen for her.. P.S... this is a non alcoholic event.

I could use all the info or advice to help me with the special birthday. Any suggestion or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
sarahandrewssarahandrewsPosts: 6 January 23, 2013
Hi There!

You might want to consider your guess wearing a NEON and GLOW in Dark Wristbands. We can put the name or tag of your party with the date of the event. It can serve as a souvenir or invitation ticket for those who will join the party. I would really appreciate to know the details for us to create a FREE sample mock-up for the said event..You can choose any color for the bands and suggest to get the standard size for everybody... Were just excited to assist you on this. You may visit our site for your reference at www.wristbandsforever.com. You can also email me at wristbands.sales@gmail.com ,,our or call us at 805 350 5775 regards...

Sarah Andrews
TheDolceDesignTheDolceDesignPosts: 47 January 23, 2013
How fun! I would love to help you plan such a special event. I am an event planner with the luxury event design firm, The Dolce Design. We can help you with budgeting, design, vendor signing and contracts and coordinating for the party. If I have an idea of your budget, I would be happy to talk to you about some ideas and themes! Feel free to email/call me with questions!

Sara Bacon
thedolcedesign.com
sara@thedolcedesign.com
(334) 521-2254
facebook.com/thedolcedesign
Guest January 23, 2013
If you need a DJ
www.soundexplosiondjs.com
denis572646denis572646Posts: 5 February 5, 2013
taltonshanda wrote:

Thanks in advance.
denis572646denis572646Posts: 5 February 5, 2013
Hi, I would love to show you some of the wonderful designs that we have that would be perfect for this special occassion. Give me a call at 1-866-646-8269 and we can talk about making your event even more special. Ask for Eileen. www.themintbox.com
Guest March 28, 2013
So, what is your plan? I am curious as I am in the same situation.
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 March 29, 2013
Dear friends with Mom birthdays:
I'm an event planner in NYC and can find you a great location in brooklyn, queens or nyc. Depending upon your budget, you can do the following:
* have a non alcoholic brunch with a variety of hot and cold food/coffee/tea/ceremony cake
* get photos of the different ages of the birthday "girl" of honor and make posters to set up her life through the years (including a wedding photo, high school/college photo, etc).
* Set up a lovely area to take photos with guests with a special chair and decor
* Great photo magnet favors along with sweets table
* Photography
* Video of photos of friends of family (we could take about 2 dozen photos and make a movie with her favorite song) and set up a TV for the guests to view
* DJ with background music and some special dances to celebrate her day.

Give me a call - would love to work with you!!

Llise
www.mybelovedwedandart.com
917 833 4662
Guest May 9, 2013
We have a very affordable event space - Colors Restaurant NYC
We have a full limo stop in front of the Restaurant. We are located near Astor Place. Beautiful location
caram950195caram950195Posts: 1 San Jose, CA 29 days ago
How fun! I would love to help you plan such a special event. We can help you with budgeting, and coordinating for the party. If I have an idea of your budget, I would be happy to talk to you about some ideas and themes! Feel free to email/call me with questions!

Tiffany
www.tccatering.net
(718) 715-3151

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: