What should I have at a Jack & Jill party? Messages in this topic - RSS

What should I have at a Jack & Jill party? Messages in this topic - RSS

msg.g882687msg.g882687Posts: 13 August 3, 2012
My fiancee does not want strippers nor do I and we both agree to have a Jack & Jill party. I would like suggestions as to what it should consist of because we will have all of our friends attend and I did not want anyone to be bored.
UniqueSigEventsUniqueSigEventsPosts: 95 August 3, 2012
Use your personalities, if you guys are competitive and like board games then come up with "bets" and the loser has to perform those bets in front of everyone. Or if you guys like to golf then hold the party at a country club or mini golf. Dave and buster parties are always good for Jack and Jill. If you want to e-mail me a little more about you and your finacee personalities I can come up with something more taylored to you. Lynne@uniquesigevents.com
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 August 4, 2012
Of course, you invite your close friends and family. Have a great buffet with all kinds of fun foods. Check out one of my fav sites for ideas:

Also, have your Best Man & Maid of Honor do a funny toast (share a funny story - something embarrassing or silly would be nice - not something formal for a wedding).
Have a dance contest and the winner could receive a movie gift certificate and do play musical chairs with a similar useful gift.

Open your gifts together and have your bridal party make hats with paper plates using the bows and paper for bride, groom and bridal party (bring tape, scissors and cheap ribbon, stapler).

As a thank you, have small cards printed up with poem on card stock from staple's or other printing store -
Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water
Jack fell down and broke his crown
And Jill came tumbling after.
Up got Jack, and home did trot
As fast as he could caper
He went to bed and bound his head
With vinegar and brown paper.

And attach with ribbon to a boy & girl figurine - you may be able to get something similar at a 99 cents or other discount store - see
http://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Figurine-Blonde-Girl-Kissing/dp/B002CS24V6

Have your guests bring something for the "Wishing Well" like a can of beans, or soup or tea, or coffee or any small household product (like tissues or toilet paper) and place in a big bin. This is fun taking out these items and you can thank the folks who brought them to help furnish your home with these trifle, but needed items.

Have fun!

If you need invites, and thank you cards printed, I'd be happy to offer you a great design for around $60.

Let me know.

Take care.

Llise Ramos
mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 August 4, 2012
for food and drink ideas, check out:
http://www.delish.com/recipes/
msg.g882687msg.g882687Posts: 13 August 5, 2012
My fiancee is retiring from the Army after 25 years of service. We both like the and dislike the same things. The only difference is I like simple and he likes grand our birthdays are one day apart and we are both leo's. I was thinking of having the party at a nice restuarant.
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 344 August 5, 2012
Hi msg.gogo1,

Would you like to have a "sit down dinner" which may be very nice, but your guests will only interact with a few people who are seated near them or would you like to have lots of stations where people can go and get appetizer type foods.... and walk around (offering few chairs only for people who need them) talking with and meeting many of the other guests?

Would you like to have games and activities or would you prefer quiet conversation? If you would like to have games and activities would you (or your fiancee) want to be major contestants or remain in the background?

Would you like music/dance or some other type of entertainment?

Do you (or does your fiancee) want to be the center of attention if you do have a program or would you rather be another set of guests who people will (most likely) all greet?

How many people do you plan to have attend? Mostly family, mostly friends from childhood on, mostly newer friends?

Please feel free to reach out to me (and/or to post answers here) if you would like to discuss.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, Ph. D.
Education By Entertainment

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: