Disgruntled Photographer Messages in this topic - RSS

Disgruntled Photographer Messages in this topic - RSS

established82
established82
I hate eventective. Maybe it's the people who sign up to use it, maybe it's just bad luck for me. Every single lead I have "purchased" was never viewed. Even after logging in after weeks have gone by, the person who put out the lead hasn't even checked their account for new messages. Am I supposed to be emailing them using their personal email address? As I have done that. I have included emails with both pricing and without pricing. Links to portfolio, no links. And not a SINGLE lead has ever responded. Ever.

I'm either missing something or people just waste my time and money by posting leads.
epanphoto
epanphoto
I NEVER message people directly on here, it is always through outside email...and I have a very good conversion rate.
eventective
eventective
Administrator
We do recommend you respond to leads through your Eventective account to ensure the prospective customer receives your message and it does not go into their email spam folder. There is a high non-response rate with internet leads and many times you will not hear back from the planner. This article provides information about what to expect from internet leads. Every time you purchase a lead, the planner gets access to your listing and your website so you want to make sure that your listing and website are event focused and do a good job of promoting your services.

Remember that only 2% of Eventective's visitors complete an event request that turns into a lead. The rest are doing their own research - browsing listings, visiting websites and contacting event businesses directly. This is another reason why it is so important to make sure your listing is attractive and includes photos, descriptive text and event packages with pricing information. Another thing to keep in mind is that your courtesy listing only displays in your city with the other courtesy listings. By upgrading your courtesy listing, you'll receive more visibility on Eventective so more people see your business as they are searching for event services in your area. If you would like help updating your listing or have questions about increasing your visibility on Eventective, please contact us at cs@eventective.com.
wave2us
wave2us
I have yet to have a conversion from a lead to a purchase via eventective. In the last couple of months I have taken to responding via eventective & direct to their email. I did actually get one response last month of a not interested via eventective, so some people actually check and respond that way. I must not have responded enough yet to get that 2%.
djgrand62
djgrand62
I have to agree. I have purchased leads from here and leave info on both email and here and most of the time get No response. I think I've closed Maybe 2 leads ever. Now you must be a member to get a refund on your leads.
eventective
eventective
Administrator
Please keep in mind that with your Annual Subscription you receive many benefits that make the small monthly fee worth it, including a 20% discount on lead purchases, the ability to request refunds for eligible lead purchases, your phone number and website link prominently displayed on your listing, placement above courtesy listings and no competitor ads on your listing. If you purchase an Enhanced or Premium subscription, your listing displays in your city as well as all the cities in your area so you get more traffic to your listing and get in front of the 98% of our visitors who are doing their own research and do not turn into a lead in the Pay-Per-Lead Program.

Guest July 30, 2012
In all the years I have belonged to Eventective, WedPlan, the Knot, Wedj, etc. I have not received any positive responses. My conclusion is that this type of services are not effective in producing clients. My experience tells me that there are three ways of attracting and keeping clients: a) A well designed website connected to social media, b) attendance to quality bridal shows, and c) referrals, and I may add your reputacion.
epanphoto
epanphoto
it totally depends on the type of client you are going after. If you are looking for the high dollar / high end client...yes, these type of services are not going to be good for you, but if you are looking for the "budget" client (which is what we cater too), Eventective, WedPlan and others are exactly where these types of brides look.

Guest July 30, 2012
I must say that I signed up for the premium service and have to agree with "disgruntled photographer".......I didn't generate ANY leads and the only bonus that was recognizable was a .50 discount on lead purchases....I was really hoping this service would work
eventective
eventective
Administrator
The Premium Subscription includes free, unlimited leads so there is no need to buy leads or request refunds. The Basic and Enhanced Subscriptions give you a 20% discount on lead purchases and the ability to refund. Update your listing to do the best job of promoting your business. The more content on your listing, the longer a prospective client is going to stay on your listing and want to contact you.
renay05
renay05
I know of a photographer who has been with eventective for 4 years. He says he has only booked 6 events in 4years.
belli612063
belli612063
I have learned to reply to clients through Eventective and directly to their personal email. I have only booked a few events through the leads purchased on Eventective after purchasing a TON of leads. I request refunds within 30 days of lead purchase if the client has never responded to me.

WARNING: Eventective has just changed their refund policy! You will only receive a refund if you purchase a package from them!
UniqueSigEvents
UniqueSigEvents
Here is one thing true about advertising especially in this industry. The key is exposure so you might catch a bride through a bridal show, but they booked with you because they seen your company on google, eventective, wedding wire and now at the show. Due to the fact that you do advertise every where they might book you through another resource but they have seen you everywhere. So please keep that in mind. However, we are all business owners so if you feel that you are not producing money from eventective then ask all your customers past and present where they have seen you and stop paying for any advertisment that no one has mentioned.

Guest December 26, 2012
I am done with Eventective! The leads you get here doesn’t worth a dime. People, we need phone numbers , names, addresses, not just e-mails for $2.50. This is just a waste of time and money. Brides, we cannot afford cameras lenses, flashes, backup equipment, good transportation, computers, storage plus income tax, Fica tax, property tax, insurance, health insurance …… for $500 wedding photography. I had a client, she asked for a $700 package with an $800 wedding album. For most of us we are not a guest at your wedding we work for money.
Eveneective, you need better categories for what these brides are looking for!! Do they want 4 hours wedding no albums, no originals, for the asking price, or they want 12 hours of three photographers, thee albums, engagement photo session….. everything and plus. You need a screening page.
Indiana Photographer
eventective
eventective
Administrator
Keep in mind that the majority of visitors to our site are searching primarily for a venue and have opted to hear from photographers and other vendors secondarily. Considering this, participating in the lead program as a Courtesy Listing is not the best way to promote your business, as you will get many leads from brides selecting vendor options as an afterthought and they will not respond to you if they still have not met their primary objective of finding a venue.

We understand this dillemma and hope to address it in a future update to the site. In the meantime, you can post package pricing on your courtesy listing so that brides can get a better idea of what to expect in terms of cost. You could also purchase one of our subscription plans which increases your exposure on the site giving you better exposure (per UniqueSigEvents comment above) and a 20% discount on lead purchases.

If you would like to discuss your concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Service department at 207-253-1653, or cs@eventective.com.
kensu813621
kensu813621
I have yet to book a single event from you guys. I have responded to clients through Eventective and directly to their personal emails. Less than half the time do I even getr a message the client has read my e-mail. I have also sent several follow ups. I your site is primmarily for venues why bother even including photographers? Unless you make changes it is not worth it for me to buy leads. I am getting ZERO ROI.
eventective
eventective
Administrator
Thank you for your feedback. Many Eventective visitors are looking for event spaces as well as other event related services such as photographers, DJs and caterers. We have many vendors that do very well on Eventective and we often hear from clients that they need to purchase 25 or more leads before they book an event because the nature of internet leads is they have a high non-response rate. There are things you can do on Eventective to make your listing stand out from others such as advertising with our pay-per-click program to get more online exposure in your area, adding event packages with pricing information, asking customers to write recommendations on your listing and including a variety of photos from different events you have photographed to showcase your portfolio. Only 2% of our visitors complete an event request form that turns into a lead. The rest are doing their own research browsing listings and contacting vendors directly that are interesting to them. Please feel free to contact us at 207-253-1653 or cs@eventective.com if you would like to discuss further.
MsMPVideos
MsMPVideos
In all the years I have belonged to Eventective, WedPlan, the Knot, Wedj, etc. I have not received any positive responses. My conclusion is that this type of services are not effective in producing clients.

I understand the frustration here. A mom hired me for a wedding through Eventective, then forgot how she found me. When I mentioned Eventective, she didn't recognize it. My take is to just get yourself out there, with whatever advertising you can afford, as it can take seven "impressions" for them to think of you (and that's a stat related to people thinking of ONE purchase, not a whole wedding-full of vendors.)

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: