No time to plan a wedding? Overwhelmed by all the research and decision-making? Just want something simple? Would you consider a package deal? Messages in this topic - RSS

No time to plan a wedding? Overwhelmed by all the research and decision-making? Just want something simple? Would you consider a package deal? Messages in this topic - RSS

JoyfulPromisesOfficiantsJoyfulPromisesOfficiantsPosts: 82 April 10, 2012
I am a wedding officiant, and in my practice, a large percentage of my couples have had very small weddings, i.e. less than 50 guests -- some less than a dozen. The reasons for the small size vary, but here are the most common:

- can't afford a larger wedding
- don't have time to plan a larger wedding
- don't want all the fuss and bother -- just want something simple
- getting married for the second time -- had the big wedding the first time

It occurred to me that there may be a market for an all-inclusive, "turn-key" wedding package that includes everything, from flowers to decorations, favors to food, music to photography, officiant services and venue -- EVERYTHING -- for a single fee, based on the number of guests. All the couple would have to do is get the marriage license and decide what to wear on their big day.

So, I could use some feedback. Is this something you would consider? If so, what appeals to you about it? If not, what would be your reservations?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
http://www.joyfulpromises.com
Guest April 10, 2012
Hi, I am doing that with my business-Storybook Events and I also am an officiant. I am finding that they either want just the officiant or just flowers. It is the "I want choices". I haven't given up-as I am sure someone will want that in due time. It is something to consider, and I would still suggest it. As every area is different. Also, in due season with finances for so many as they are, I think it will soon be appealing to many more. Be encouraged!
Guest April 10, 2012
I think it is a great idea!
tinke855406tinke855406Posts: 1 April 10, 2012
I think it is a really good idea! Especially in these economic times!
Guest April 10, 2012
That would be a great idea. My daughter is planning to get married and unfortunately the loan that she tried to get was declined. She still wants to have a simple wedding and if there is some package that she can take and make her day memorable I am up for it.
cyndi855658cyndi855658Posts: 1 April 10, 2012
I think it would save a few friendships! Planning my wedding has been the most stressful thing I have ever done. I have started and stopped so many times that I am now behind in getting things done for our October ceremony. The idea of package deal is wonderful, especially if you can do a la carte packages. That way the bride still has some choices in how much they want to spend on what. Wonderful, wonderful idea!!!!
Guest April 11, 2012
Think this is a wonderful idea. I'm in the middle of planning my wedding as we speak, but having a little trouble doing it on my own. Really want to hire a wedding planner but i cant really afford one. I'm really going to consider this idea. Thanks a lot for making it easier on the brides!!!
Guest April 11, 2012
I think a package deal would be the way to go. Trying to work through all of the details is becoming a bit overwhelming.
Guest April 12, 2012
I think it is an awesome idea.
WOODWINDWOODWINDPosts: 3 April 12, 2012
I tried doing this and here's the problem. I would give people a great price for the all inclusive package and they would say, "How much off if I don't use your photographer" or "How much off with out flowers, DJ, etc. etc." I was able to give such a great price because the vendors gave me 50% off their regular pricing for multiple bookings. When I started taking things off it simply wasn't profitable.
JoyfulPromisesOfficiantsJoyfulPromisesOfficiantsPosts: 82 April 12, 2012
This is GREAT feedback -- thank you to all who commented! Anybody else want to weigh in?

Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
630-679-8697
VaBri853959VaBri853959Posts: 1 April 13, 2012
I would love an all inclusive package, if anyone is offering it for 2012 doing July, please send me an email VaBride2012@gmail.com for Richmond,VA to Virginia Beach,VA. Maybe even Atlanta City,NJ. Send to Renee and Joe
ram12ram12Posts: 8 April 13, 2012
Amazing idea i wish i had that right, trying to plan my wedding has been a real pain.
angel857713angel857713Posts: 1 April 14, 2012
I would like to know more..like other if anyone can offer an affortable package..please email me a quote angelica773@hotmail.com about 30 quest only
Guest April 16, 2012
I would like to know more about an all inclusive wedding package cruise ...email me at claude.collins08@yahoo.com
claud859124claud859124Posts: 1 April 16, 2012
I REALLY REALLY REALLY need help finding a place our wedding. Does anyone know of any inexpensive places. My wedding will be in July 21st so I dont have much time left. My fiance is a Marine and him being away makes it all SO much more stressful for me!!! HELP PLEASE claudiajuan18@hotmail.com
Guest April 18, 2012
sounds perfect for us. just want something simple small ans pretty...and affordable...i need help lol abbysmom51@gmail.com
donna860191donna860191Posts: 2 April 18, 2012
I need a nice but not to expensive place to throw a 50th birthday in indianapolis with dancing, taking pictures, plenty of food and and having a ball. anyone know of a place here in indy holla back
donna860191donna860191Posts: 2 April 18, 2012
I forgot to add my email address so if anyone out there know of a nice but not to expense place to throw a 50 birthday party holla back at me at donna.bluitt@att.net
Guest April 18, 2012
Hey this is DJ Catstir.. I have always thought someone should do this on a regular basis.
It rocks and it has worked with my company in Kansas well...
JoyfulPromisesOfficiantsJoyfulPromisesOfficiantsPosts: 82 April 18, 2012
Thanks everybody for your interest and feedback. I am in the greater Chicagoland area and would love to hear from you if you're interested in an all-inclusive package here.

And if you've had some experience with this kind of package deal someplace else, I'd love to hear from you, too.

Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
info@joyfulpromises.com
630-679-VOWS (8697)
versd847417versd847417Posts: 1 April 19, 2012
Yes!!! Are you doing this yet? Contact me if you are and we can talk the price!
Guest April 19, 2012
I agree that it is a wonderful idea. My fiance and I are getting married in August and I came across a wedding "to do" list that just seemed overwhelming. We have both been married before, and I just didn't want to go through that much hassle. We are already using a similar service, but out in Lake Tahoe. They take care of the license, flowers, music, photography, perform the ceremony, you can even arrange a limo through them. Good luck, I hope it works out for you!
kknig863838kknig863838Posts: 1 April 24, 2012
This is wonderful. I am a single mom of 3 and I am disabled living on a fixed income so times r hard and this would be a blessing. My parents do not have the money to help fund my wedding either. We just want something small on the beach with about 30 people. Thanks for the awesome idea!!!!
Guest April 24, 2012
This is just what Iam looking for! please contact me, this is so great.
JoyfulPromisesOfficiantsJoyfulPromisesOfficiantsPosts: 82 April 24, 2012
Thanks for your continued feedback! This will be a big help when I'm ready to "pitch" the concept to the folks that run the venue I have in mind. For those who are interested in more information, please contact me via email at: info@joyfulpromises.com. I am located in the SW suburbs of Chicago. Please keep in mind that I am still developing this concept and don't yet have a finalized package put together, but I'd be happy to discuss with you in more detail what I have in mind.
Guest April 24, 2012
This is just what Iam looking for! please contact me, this is so great.
corin870599corin870599Posts: 2 May 4, 2012
Contact Me to, this is a great idea
JoyfulPromisesOfficiantsJoyfulPromisesOfficiantsPosts: 82 May 4, 2012
For those who would like me to contact them with details of my proposed package, please email me at: info@joyfulpromises.com. Thanks!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: