Less than 6 weeks Messages in this topic - RSS

Less than 6 weeks Messages in this topic - RSS

Shell591254Shell591254Posts: 10 July 11, 2011
Ok so with just a small amount of time left I am starting to feel some pressure. I have been stressing over seating arrangements for the past few weeks. I want to have good mixes of personalities and keep those that dont get along far apart. I have almost everything done and organized. Just the little things left like the flower girl baskets, name cards for the tables and of course the arriving at the destination. So for now it is all going well.. What is your biggest concern at this point? Shelly
Guest July 11, 2011
Are you looking for a venue?
mbrown69mbrown69Posts: 14 July 11, 2011
Do you have all your linens (ie: table cloths, napkins, etc.)?
Guest July 12, 2011
hi do you need help finding place cards or you got everything that you need like favors and all that stuff? (small details)Email me: tasheratucker@gmail.com or/& you can visit me online at www.urbane-occassionography.webs.com
DesertLightWeddingsDesertLightWeddingsPosts: 130 July 13, 2011
Shelly_tweedy wrote:
Ok so with just a small amount of time left I am starting to feel some pressure. I have been stressing over seating arrangements for the past few weeks. I want to have good mixes of personalities and keep those that dont get along far apart. I have almost everything done and organized. Just the little things left like the flower girl baskets, name cards for the tables and of course the arriving at the destination. So for now it is all going well.. What is your biggest concern at this point? Shelly

Shelly a suggestion...don't stress about the people and not getting along. If you are concerned ask someone to run interference or if you have a 'Day of Coordinator' let her/him know. If you don't want arranged seating and are only doing it for this reason, don't. This is your day and you should not be stressing. I know easy for me to say, I'm not there, but from the coordinator point of view I find unless a lot of drinking is going on, most people are respectful of your day and if they don't normally get along either avoid each other or tolerate each other in honor of the couple.

Double check your contracts, call your vendors to confirm, and get 'arrival' times for flowers, photographer etc. Again have someone help you or if you have a planner it will be just part of their service.

I am a planner so feel free to email/call me if you have any specific questions and I'll be happy to help guide you (no charge)'

Good luck and congratulations!

Robbie
Desert Light Weddings
www.desertlightweddings.com
contact@desertlightweddings.com
(480) 235-0325
Shell591254Shell591254Posts: 10 July 13, 2011
I have most of my linens but the napkins but since there are no rentals available in the area we are getting married...well with out driving several hours each way..I know it is kinda tacky but thinking that I may just go with paper napkins. I was able to purchase my table clothes in the winter at a going out of business sale for about $2 each which was alot cheaper than renting. I need to find and get name cards made for the tables. Hubby to be really wants to have arranged seating so that is what we are going to do. He and some friends had some really good ideas about it all just mix both families up seating wise kills 2 birds one stone. less worries about people getting along and they can get to know each other much better. I am stumped what to do for flower girls either bouquets or baskets...not really sure which way to go as one of the flower girls is only 2 1/2 any suggestions would be fantastic. Thanks for your advise I really appreciate it.
Shelly
Venue and church were booked long ago. but thanks shelly
I have the favours all done and Just trying to figure out the place cards. I was looking to find a die cut for my machine so that I could cut out golf balls as we are having a golf theme but I am not having any luck with it. So I may just cut circles and place them in the place card holders.
DesertLightWeddingsDesertLightWeddingsPosts: 130 July 13, 2011
Use baskets for the flower girls. Many times you can get extra pedals for not too much money. Since one is tiny have them walk together (I'm assuming two of them). We just did one in South Carolina and the little one did not walk to walk down the aisle. I had to squat behind her and coach her...too funny and her 12 year old sister saw her and came running back to get her...worked perfectly.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: