ideas for cheapest wedding - Weddings - Eventective - Forums

ideas for cheapest wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

yvett553000
yvett553000
Adenn78 wrote:
how do you even start to find a place?

Congratulations! Google your city and state for catering and banquet halls, you will have several places pop up. Phone several of the venues and have your list of questions ready. If they take the time to answer your questions, willing to provide information to help you, have some suggestions, then by all means stop by the venue to tour it. If they do not have the time for you on the phone and brush you off go to the next venue on the list and do not waste your time to visit them. Hope this helps you. Many Blessings, Monica Yvette McKee at Banquet Halls of Sneaky Pete's in Lewisville, Texas
Sipra552445
Sipra552445
I live in Nashville area. My fiance and I are looking at venues in the greater Nashville area. I am on a really tight budget. Pls provide ideas and suggestions on venue for a reception for 350guests. It will be in April/May depending on availability of venues. Thanks.

Guest October 28, 2010
I'll give you a great deal working with your budget. I'm in the Los Angeles area. www.abundantlyabovephotography.com
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
nyecole4life wrote:
a1squeak wrote:
S_Kreder wrote:
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?

if you are in the NY tri-state area, I'm doing a 50% off wedding photo package. Contact me a
liseramos@msn.com (Eventective in the subject line).
www.allenspatzphotography.com
nyeco552024
nyeco552024
just put disposable camera evrywhere tell your gues to ake pictures and drop them in a bg at the end of the ceramony and reception.
victo551780
victo551780
You could go to the local collage and get the names of people in a photography major. They're broke college kids who are looking to make money and build their portfolio.
S_Kreder wrote:
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
Dear guest who wants a budget wedding:
where are you located? would be helpful to know the following:
  • date/location
  • # of guests
  • budget
  • theme/colors/style
You can drop me an email.

Liseramos@msn.com
www.mybelovedwedandart.com
www.allenspatzphotography.com

Guest October 27, 2010
i am looking for a small wedding reception, not too small but not too big either! but at a good price.... any idea of where to go?????
redne549751
redne549751
i am looking for a nice but inexpencive venue for my wedding this comming spring in or around fort wayne indiana any suggestions?
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
S_Kreder wrote:

where are you located?
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
by_the_grace_of_god_07 wrote:
So my theme is going to be Tie Dye and I'm having trouble finding a sash and a tie for my finance. I live in Commerce, Ga so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Friend,
You'll have to order on line.
Check out Radical clothing:

http://www.tuxedo-formalwear.com/tvno1309.html

They have accessories for boys too. It should look nice when it's all put together. Good luck!
Lise'
enchantedmemoriesweddings
dosseffa wrote:
I am getting married on 9-17-2011 need help on banquet halls that you can bring in your own food indianapolis,indiana and areas around do not have a place for wedding or reception

Try searching for VFW and Tall Cedars lodges. If you have a direct connection with them, you can also try a Masonic lodge. Although the Tall Cedars are part of the Masonic family, they have more flexible rules as to who can rent from them.

Another option is, depending on your guest count, using your own yard or that of someone you know. You may also have a specific local home that intrigues you and you, and this is a longshot - but I have seen it work, might ask the owners if you could rent from them directly.

If you need any other ideas, feek free to contact me.
dosse368372
dosse368372
I am getting married on 9-17-2011 need help on banquet halls that you can bring in your own food indianapolis,indiana and areas around do not have a place for wedding or reception
LandSEvents wrote:
lanorawilt wrote:
I need help looking for a very affordable hall for a guest amount of 100 people. I am having a hard time finding a hall where I can provide my own food catering. Any suggestions in the Philadelphia area? Thanks!

I would be very happy to help you find some venues in the Philadelphia area. Although we primarily serve the Central PA area, I actually live in Horsham, just north of Philadelphia.

Please do not hesitate to give me a call. I am available any time, but am actually at my computer now if you call.

Very truly yours,

Kim Schrack
L & S Events
(717) 571-0557
LandSEvents@live.com

I forgot there is a great hall in Penndel, Penndel Fire Hall that has a beautiful hall with a full kitchen and separate bar area with the beer meisters for kegs to be put in if you choose to do alcohol. The kitchen is a little out-dated, but is still very nice. The fee, if I remember correctly is $350 and you need to be out, including clean-up, no later than midnight.

Great space though that has been newly remodeled. Only downfall is that the bathrooms, while absolutely forgeous, are on the second Floor.

Kim Schrack
L & S Events
(717) 571-0557
LandSEvents.services.officelive.com
LandSEvents@live.com
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Guest in Providence,

I'm also in Providence.

If you are looking for a beautiful outdoor location I would suggest the Chapel and nearby covered reception area at Colt Park in Bristol RI. It is a beautiful place. Many wedding photographers bring their wedding parties to the park to take both engagement and wedding photos. High School seniors take senior photos in the park.

If I can be of further help, feel free to contact me directly through my Eventective Listing.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, Ph. D.
Education By Entertainment

Guest October 24, 2010
please i need help I'm getting married on june 2011 i need i place for ceremony n reception for a good price.I'm on a tied budget providence RI
'

Guest October 22, 2010
If anyone is looking for flower arrangements for your special day. This company is very unique. They let you pick the flowers and the price. Go to facebook and look under "Flowers on a budget". They offer delivery too! Good luck.
arsen546320
arsen546320
try a community center... I found our location for this coming March at the local community center at $25 per hour.
lanorawilt wrote:
I need help looking for a very affordable hall for a guest amount of 100 people. I am having a hard time finding a hall where I can provide my own food catering. Any suggestions in the Philadelphia area? Thanks!

I would be very happy to help you find some venues in the Philadelphia area. Although we primarily serve the Central PA area, I actually live in Horsham, just north of Philadelphia.

Please do not hesitate to give me a call. I am available any time, but am actually at my computer now if you call.

Very truly yours,

Kim Schrack
L & S Events
(717) 571-0557
LandSEvents@live.com
lanor546231
lanor546231
DesperateGroom
DesperateGroom
Looking for an affordable wedding venue for sept 2011/may 2012 (CEREMONY AND DECORATIONS ONLY) in Abbotsford, BC, but would travel anywhere from Chilliwack to Langley. Anyone have a referral?
DesperateGroom
DesperateGroom
S_Kreder wrote:

Try the visual arts department of some of your local colleges/universities. There are students with excellent photography skills, and if they can produce a portfolio of some of their work, you can see the quality before hiring them for a non-professional rate smile
mscsh545047
mscsh545047
Need some places for a reception in Richmond, VA also need a caterer and DJ for March 19, 2011. Any information will be appreciated.
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
catoniashirley wrote:
So far everything has been totally over the budget. I normally wouldnt mind its just that we have a baby on the way and have to save money for her as well. I also dont have a job. The reception hall that i found is nice and it only cost $600 to rent out. the problem is that the food will cost me $1900 for 75 guests. Should i make guests pay for their meals or find some place else?

Dear Friend:

It is inappropriate to ask your guests to pay for food.

However, since you are renting a hall, you can ask your close family members to help you with catering. Appoint five or six people to each make a large tray of a tasty dish. One could bring and chicken and rice dish. Another could bring a lasagne or a pasta dish. Another could make BBQ chicken wings. Another could bring a vegetable dish, like sliced squash, broccoli, carrots and peas in a white wine butter sauce along with a few dozen dinner rolls. Another could bring crudite and dip (assorted raw veggies with dipping sauce) and another could bring "pot stickers" (asian dumplings that come with a tasty plum or soy sauce). All of these things can be purchased in food warehouses such as "Costco" or "BJs Warehouse." Ask them in lieu of a gift, that if they make the meal and buy the sterno for their dish, that would go a long way to making your wedding successful (and tasty with a homemade flair). If you cook, make your own favorite dish, and you could get sternos at any 99 cents store.

What I would do is have your caterer bring in appetizers, such as spring rolls, mini quiches, pizzas, mini burgers, mini portions of mac and cheese and mini danishes and cookies. This could run about $900 or so for about 75 -100 people. You could save a lot by just catering appetizers and buy a nice sheet cake, wedding style from a local baker or order it from Costco as well. For flowers, I would get small potted flowering plants from Home Depot (they run about $10-20 apiece). Appoint a friend to take your photos or call a local photography school and ask if a student would be willing to shoot your wedding for about $200. They can give you a CD of photos and you can print them out later and make your own photo album.

For wedding favors and inexpensive invites, there are many do it yourself projects. You could also do a search on the internet for Ann's Wedding Bargains. They have "Send and Seal" invites which look great. Also log onto orientaltrading.com. Do a search for weddings. They have great trinkets for cheap prices.

Good luck! All the best to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Lise' Ramos
212-928-6572
mark_ebonni wrote:
my wedding i s in less than 30days i need help getting ready

Where is your wedding?
Where are you located? S_Kreder wrote:
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
mark_ebonni wrote:

where are you located and what do you need help with? assume you have ceremony and reception venues in place.
you can send me an email:
liseramos@msn.com

Guest October 18, 2010
Hi I am looking for a place for my wedding october 8 2011 in jacksonville or close to jacksonville for less than $600 AND FOR AT LEAST 6 hours.Does anyone know any places that have all chairs and tables and decorations included for that price.I have checked the majestic room but the date we are planning is not available and the rest of the mont does not have any availability there.Does anyone know any classy places in jacksonville in a safe area? Please email me brown_eye20@yahoo.com.
stron544155
stron544155
hi, im planning a cheap wedding bc we r a blended family and my youngest has a liver disease so cost is tight, its my first marriage and we are all about the family more than how fancy or exspensive so if any one has ideas for us we would greatly thank u!! ooh we live in anderson sc but would like to get married in charleston sc bc they saved my daughters life and means alot to us!
mark_543666
mark_543666
ccurt543557
ccurt543557
You should try Champions in Waterville ramblingrose137 wrote:
getting married in 2011 and need ideas on cheap hall rentals in skowhegan maine any ideas
MarissaRosaliePhotography
Marissa Rosalie Photography
S_Kreder wrote:

When is your wedding date? I do photography
gross542284
gross542284
S_Kreder wrote:

Find a photographer who charges for their time, not prints or albums. Many photographers will bill you an hourly rate, and then burn all the raw images onto a disk or stick and give them to you.
Debbie001
Debbie001
Too good and informative post.
marie541424
marie541424
IOWA Council Bluffs Omaha Area! I need it all.
kecia541684
kecia541684
Anyone know of inexpensive venues in Atlanta, ga
preem540194
preem540194
flowersbyhollie wrote:
Save alot of money, you could do silk flowers. 1/2 the price of having real flowers.

I am getting married Aug 20, 2011.... I am saving money by making all the wedding flowers. I bought alot of red yellow, and white roses for $1.00 cdn each bunch at Wal-Mart, before I moved from Winnipeg to Powell River BC. I also bought a bolt of Tuelling from Michaels craft store for my mom's wedding and have loads of it left for my wedding. I just made sure I left a lot of the stem on so I can add it on others and make it bushier. I am also making my own centre pieces by going to a local Dollar store (discount store), buying tea lights, votives, using shells my daughters collected from the beach.

I did find a local bakery who is willing to make the cakes and desserts and also let us use her fountain cake stand for a very reasonable price. The cake top I found a place also in Winnipeg, who makes beautiful handblown glass!

Our dinner is going tobe buffet style, with some local flare. I have a few places making a couple of the dishes PLUS also doing a lot of the prep work myself for the meal will cut down alot of the costs.

the photographer and dj are both friends of my fiancee, so if you have friends and family that can do it or knows of people who can, they can help you with it as well. Talk to many people and get IDEAS from them, jot them down and them investigate..... as for the invitations and favors.... get a goup of gfs together and make a night or two out of it...... take a favorite picture of the two of you and make your own invitations and favors.

In Manitoba we have wedding socials where we can make money for the wedding.
Jmhes539376
Jmhes539376
My wedding is set for June 4 2011. We are having the hardest time finding a venue. We've been looking all over...just seems like everything we like is over budget. We are having 60 people, preferably restaurant style. Any ideas? Live in the northwest sub of IL. Thanks smile

email at jmhester03@aol.com
Sandr489071
Sandr489071
Posted Oct 1st, by guest:

Thank you sandra, I really appreciate it. What's your email?

You can e-mail me at sandra@yourweddinggirl.com

Guest October 8, 2010
Looking for inexpensive wedding vendors? I am a photographer. My packages start at $800 to $2,400. I include a FREE engagement session or price off your package. You receive the CD with all High Def post production images with the copyright release. You receive a hard cover album and an online slideshow. I'm in the So. Cal area but will travel. Check out my site at: www.abundantlyabovephotography.com
Hope to chat soon!

Guest October 6, 2010
getting marries in may 2011 and need ideas for cheap wedding no reception

Guest October 5, 2010
bI live in the hartford ct. Area I'm looking for a cheap hall for about a 150 ppl } would also like to have. My own food brought to the hall as well can someone help the biggest thing is. Our wedding date is 4-24-2011 which happend to be easter. Thank you for your help ahead of time

Guest October 5, 2010
I know of a great photographer and the quality of the pictures are great !!! rick sustaita, you can call him and tell him cecy referred you, and you will get great prices!!! his phone number is 7138576317 . He is in Houston Texas
jo.ca512893
jo.ca512893
I found a place in Everett Wa that only charges $65 per hour... it is the red cross building and they have an excellent room called the Boeing room. They have a full kitchen and all kitchenware including the linens and china..Hold 250 people. Good luck
jo.ca512893
jo.ca512893
plmartin10 wrote:
We're getting married Aug 2011. Our ideal wedding is just a big party with all our friends and family present, dancing into the evening. The problem is, finding a venue! We're open to traveling anywhere in Washington state. Any suggestions since we don't have relatives with property to loan us for the evening? We're from the western part of the state, so if it's over here we're planning ~200 guests... if held in eastern Washington it would probably drop to 100 or so. Our budget is $5000. Any advice is MUCH appreciated. smile

Guest October 1, 2010
Thank you sandra, I really appreciate it. Whats your email?
mgvideo
mgvideo
My daughter just got married this weekend and after being in the wedding video business for over 30 years I never relized just how important our job is. We walked her down the aisle and were last down. Missed everything before us but got to watch and hear everything in our video. I believe the video is more important than the posed pictures, so folks, don't go too cheap on the video , make sure they are licensed and insured and not just some guy working out their house. Now our family will relive the day over and over. If anyone wants to see pictures from video contact me at maury@videoyou.com
penel530546
penel530546
does anyone know of any reasonable places to have a wedding in NY
share518234
share518234
I am in Cincinnati Ohio, and I am having a HARD time finding any thing affordable for my wedding I’m getting married next year in August , and I’m on a very tight budget, the main things I’m really worried about costing an arm and a leg are....VENUE, CATERORS, DECORTAION, PHOTOGRAPHY AND ENTERMAINMENT. If anyone have any ideas please, please please, let me no my email is rena_vinny@yahoo.com Thank you all so much.smile

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: