ideas for cheapest wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

ideas for cheapest wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

since450067
since450067
where are you located? email me sincerelyus4@yahoo.com.

S_Kreder wrote:
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?

Guest June 6, 2010
Im looking to get married in my home state of Illinois but looking for a small place for a laid back intimate wedding near Aurora, Illinois 50 people at the most to do it all ceremony and reception package any suggestions on places to start.

Guest June 6, 2010
i need info to save as much money for my wedding as possible i am trying to get ideas on prices for everything so far. i live in fort myers florida. can anyone help?
vicky450298
vicky450298
I am trying to find info on having a wedding in July of this year (I know, short notice) in Mississippi gulfport, Diamondhead, Ocean Springs, Long Beach or Biloxi (we live in Gulfport)and I ideally want to find a place that allows us to bring outside alcohol or outside catering (if I can find one that allows both then great)
virav450405
virav450405
s.dina21 wrote:
Hmmm... My fiance and I are getting married this July... and we don't even have a venue... we're thinking to have about 30-50 guests but we want it to be a blast! We want excellent food choices, good music/DJ, genuine floral decorations, and a spacious dance floor. Does it sound like an expensive wedding? If so, about much $$$ would we have to spend???
virav450405
virav450405
I a planning my daughter's wedding. With 30-50 guests, you could hold it at any of your favorite restaurants who have a banquet room for much less than renting a country club or even a Hall. Or you can rent a hall, spend money on decorations and bring in food from your favorite restaurants (instead of a caterer). At any venue, make sure you know when their curfew is - in many places you have to be out by 10 or 11 pm, so if you want to party on to early in the morning, your search will include the curfew.

Guest June 7, 2010
Looking for affordable venue for July 2011 wedding in Sugar Land, TX. any ideas?
manda451151
manda451151
I live in utah! i need an idea for a cheap, spacious area for my wedding and reception. any idea will be greatly appriciated!

Guest June 7, 2010
http://www.cheap-wedding-gowns.com/ Has amazing dresses $300 and under

Guest June 8, 2010
My suggestion would be to contact Bridal Spectacular. They are a business whom houses information on more than enough venues from which you may choose. They can send you information. They have a website www.bridalspectacular.com. If you contact them, ask for Sue Lesperance.
Vcortez
Vcortez
What does "cheap" mean? The last thing I want is to look cheap. So what price range is everyone looking at?

Guest June 8, 2010
$5000 for me:

I am trying to find info on having a wedding in July of this year (I know, short notice) in Mississippi gulfport, Diamondhead, Ocean Springs, Long Beach or Biloxi (we live in Gulfport)and I ideally want to find a place that allows us to bring outside alcohol or outside catering (if I can find one that allows both then great)
lehud451765
lehud451765
Does anyone have any great cheap ideas for Wrightsville Beach, NC I have looked at places and im looking at for 100 people 11000$ if not more any suggestions??? Please need help!!
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
If you live in a state that has a beach. Everyone dress for a beach wedding. The water is free,the sand is free. And everyone can wear flip-flops.

Guest June 9, 2010
Lol nice idea but the oil will be hitting a lot of places soon wink
toyir454242
toyir454242
kari wrote:
Hi Ladies! I own Inside Out Catering, and I would love to talk to each of you on ways to save money. I have many many ideas for you that are very cost effective.
When you decide to go with my catering services, you automatically get free event planning, and the use of my decorations for free!! So you are saving a ton of money on your decorations!!
Feel free to check out my website at www.insideoutcatering.net, and to give me a call. My number is 616-350-2669, or 616-675-4644. I would love to help each and every one of you to save money on your big day!
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
We just went up on our budget from $5,000 to $10,000. We want to spend half that on the wedding and the other half on the honeymoon. We got the venue for $2,000. My second wedding dress for the same price as my first. DJ is my fiance's brother. I'm having a flower girl and a ring bearer and my maid of honor. Plus wedding favors and gifts for our attendants. Is it going to be duable with a $10,000 wedding budget?
cjce9200824
cjce9200824
ramblingrose137 wrote:
getting married in 2011 and need ideas on cheap hall rentals in skowhegan maine any ideas

I have ideas but i would need for you to tell me a little about what u like or better yet what would be ur ideal wedding, theres sooo many things you can do and get as long as you put a little time for it, i did everything for my wedding it did come out cheaper but there was a flaw, i really did need someon to help me on the day and didnt have no one. Im starting my own party planning buisness but i do want to work with brides and people who are in a tight budge but want something nice ... im from nj but i would be more than happy to help you with anything i can .. get back to me with ur wedding date or season you will have it and were you are from, also if you have a color you and hur future husband like .. who knows you might be shocked with my ideas ... lol.wink .
cjce9200824
cjce9200824
sbarnhart1974 wrote:
We just went up on our budget from $5,000 to $10,000. We want to spend half that on the wedding and the other half on the honeymoon. We got the venue for $2,000. My second wedding dress for the same price as my first. DJ is my fiance's brother. I'm having a flower girl and a ring bearer and my maid of honor. Plus wedding favors and gifts for our attendants. Is it going to be duable with a $10,000 wedding budget?

ok wedding favors and gifts for your gest could just be one of a same, at least thats what i did, centerpieces for the tables did u also include them in the 10,000? the photogrpher? between the veneu,pictures,favors it should not go over the 10,000 you just need to shope around and spend time the computer looking for bargainswink
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
I am still looking for a photographer and a videographer as well. They all seem to be out of our price range. I am seriously considering desposable cameras. Any ideas for the them?
hlfri227254
hlfri227254
sbarnhart1974 wrote:
I am still looking for a photographer and a videographer as well. They all seem to be out of our price range. I am seriously considering desposable cameras. Any ideas for the them?

Disposable cameras are good. We may use some for our wedding. I found a friend who does photography as a hobby. He's charging us $200 for everything, plus he's traveling over an hour to attend. We're not doing anything fancy. He's doing about 400 shots for the ceremony & reception combined and is going to upload them to a CD with a digital wedding book. The suggestion I saw earlier about finding a photography intern or someone fresh out of school is a good idea too. But if you know someone good with a digital camera who can upload everything to their computer, they can put something on a CD for you too and it could save you a ton of money. I've seen wedding packages as expensive as $4800 for 6 hours here in FL.
hlfri227254
hlfri227254
cjce925 wrote:
ramblingrose137 wrote:
getting married in 2011 and need ideas on cheap hall rentals in skowhegan maine any ideas

I have looked on several websites, but I initially started with weddingwire.com. I am planning my own wedding and this has all the tools you could possibly need. You can do a search for wedding venues in your area and submit requests for quotes. I've also found venues right here on eventective, but those venues seem to be a little more costly. I have found that if you find a local restaurant that has a banquet room, you often will pay for the meal for each of your guests, but they don't charge to hold the event there. In lots of cases, especially chain restaurants, they will assign you a certain number of wait staff based on the number of your guests. You generally pay an 18% gratuity. You could also call ahead and ask to speak to a manager. Sometimes that's the best route, so they can plan for your party. They will usually give you plenty of time the night before or the morning of to decorate.
hlfri227254
hlfri227254
sbarnhart1974 wrote:
If you live in a state that has a beach. Everyone dress for a beach wedding. The water is free,the sand is free. And everyone can wear flip-flops.

This is true. That's basically what we had in mind, but the oil spill could be an issue soon. However, there are lots of places around FL in Pasco, Pinellas, Hernando & Hillsborough counties where you can have waterfront without the issue of the oil spill killing the idea of a beach wedding. Marinas, restaurants, hotels and parks with waterfront property are all cost effective places to hold a ceremony & reception. Restaurants right on the beach are great if they have the space for your wedding party. They usually have live music and can save you the cost of a DJ or live band if they play the kind of music you're looking for. If you're willing to pay a little more money, there are lots of places that will set up and clean up your beach ceremony and will include the officiant. Some even include photography, videography, etc.

Another idea for an outside wedding ceremony is to have one on a cruise ship. If you're working with a budget of $4000 or less and a limited number of guests, you can do a ship ceremony before you set sail on your honeymoon. They include the cake and everything and you can do it for about $2000 or so. They have a wedding planner that helps you with everything. Carnival Cruise Lines is a great place to start, but I know other cruise lines offer it as well. Some captains will marry you at sea. It just depends on the cruise line.

Hope this helped and good luck with your search!
qrhar456333
qrhar456333
aboutthepix wrote:
You can do what you want but I have my brides do their guest list first - you need to know how big a space you need before you decide where to look. You also need some type of budget as well. What is your vision for the day?
qrhar456333
qrhar456333
i want it simple not allot of flowers but, pretty and simple not real exspensive.

Guest June 15, 2010
@ sbarnhart1974 - I don't recommend using disposable cameras , i did that for my wedding and was disappointed in the pictures for the most part.
pauli457018
pauli457018
just need a reaaly pretty and inexpensive wedding venue in yakima wa area nothing more than an hour away anyone have ideas
pauli457018
pauli457018
and it is indoors
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
qrharris5455 wrote:
i want it simple not allot of flowers but, pretty and simple not real exspensive.

My maid of honor and I are going to dollar stores to get fake flowers for the bouquets. They do have several that look real. I know wedding planners don't like using them. But if you are not using them, it is the next best thing.
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
toyirichards wrote:
kari wrote:
Hi Ladies! I own Inside Out Catering, and I would love to talk to each of you on ways to save money. I have many many ideas for you that are very cost effective.
When you decide to go with my catering services, you automatically get free event planning, and the use of my decorations for free!! So you are saving a ton of money on your decorations!!
Feel free to check out my website at www.insideoutcatering.net, and to give me a call. My number is 616-350-2669, or 616-675-4644. I would love to help each and every one of you to save money on your big day!
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
Do you know anyone in New York? That would help me out with this?
hmadu458303
hmadu458303
I am getting so frustrated already and I am just starting to plan my wedding. I am getting married in May 2011 and I don't know where to start. I have about 100 guests to attend my wedding. I don't know where to have my wedding, any suggestions?
hlfri227254
hlfri227254
Well, for starters, have you determined a budget and what kind of wedding you want to have? Those are important factors to begin the planning.
hlfri227254
hlfri227254
pauling_melissa wrote:
and it is indoors

What is the date and how many guests?
hlfri227254
hlfri227254
mello.yello wrote:
I am moving to Owatonna Minnesota next month and will be getting married in September. I currently live in AZ and am having a hard time finding anything on line. I need it all venue, caterer, photographer, rentals. any ideas? I am on a limited budget.

I looked here on eventective and it looks like there are several ceremony & reception venues to choose from. I think typical restaurants would be more affordable, because you generally just pay for the food, not the site. Another option is to pay only for yourselves and your main guests, like the wedding party and your parents. If everyone else pays for their own meal, you can significantly reduce the cost. If you want to pay for everyone's meal, this type of venue can be more affordable. You can always contact the restaurant manager and see if they have menu items you can set up as a buffet style to reduce the cost per person. If you want something a little fancier, just look under "find a venue", choose your state, then your city. It will give you a list of places to look at.

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery1200 Interstate Highway 35
Owatonna, MN
1 Event Space
ContactThe Pizza Ranch142 W Broadway St
Owatonna, MN
1 Event Space
ContactTimber Lodge Steakhouse4455 West Frontage Road
Owatonna, MN
1 Event Space
ContactNorthrop Oftedahl House358 E Main St
Owatonna, MN
1 Event Space
ContactOwatonna Country Club1991 Lemond Rd
Owatonna, MN
2 Event Spaces
Contact
DesertLightWeddings
DesertLightWeddings
hmaduzia wrote:
I am getting so frustrated already and I am just starting to plan my wedding. I am getting married in May 2011 and I don't know where to start. I have about 100 guests to attend my wedding. I don't know where to have my wedding, any suggestions?

HI. Hopefully you got some ideas on getting started, but in case you did not. Set your budget. That is the most important and next create 2 lists...must have and would like, but can do without then you can start finding what you want (venue, photographer etc.).

You can google for wedding planning checklist for things to consider or if you go to my site, you can download one. www.desertlightweddings.com

If you can afford it, talk to a planner in your area. Many offer just guidance to get you started all the way to full planning.

Hope this helps.

Robbie
Desert Light Weddings
(480) 235-0325
senis460114
senis460114
My husband and I did not have a "wedding" the first time around almost 10 years ago, sooooooooo we have decided to renew our vows in Oct 2011. My issue is finding an affordable place that will have enough room for about 300 guests, a DJ, our Buffet Tables, the Cake, Gift Table and room for a dance floor and NOT have everyone sitting on top of one another. I am looking at this realistically and I am NOT one of the brides from "Platinum Brides", we do NOT have 75,000 to spend on just flowers or food. We would like an elegant ceremony, a fun reception and NOT go into debt planning it. Any suggestions for a Reception Venue in Statesboro, GA? Please and thank you and I pray that you all have the weddings of your dreams and long and happy marriages. God Bless.
bhack460704
bhack460704
I am planning my wedding and I am having difficulty finding a place to hold my reception that is both affordable and will accomidate my guest from out of town overnight in Plattsburgh NY. Any ideas?
hlfri227254
hlfri227254
Personally, i would check out more affordable hotels like Holiday Inn, Ramada Inn, etc. Most of them have private meeting areas that can be used for your wedding. In some places, like here in FL, they have really nice areas outside where you can have your ceremony too. They can offer group pricing to accomodate your out-of-town guests.

Guest June 22, 2010
im getting married in houston, texas in the summer of 2011 can you help me find a cheap but nice and elegant hall

Guest June 22, 2010
just got engage again and this time i and going try and go all the way this time
ABETTERDJ
ABETTERDJ
Check with Parks and Rec... they usually have inexpensive indoor rentals that already have tables and chairs!
creativedesignsfloral
creativedesignsfloral
ramblingrose137 wrote:

Depending on where you are, check your local parks department website. They usually have halls or outdoor covered areas for a very reasonable rate.
BrideGirl
BrideGirl
Adenn78 wrote:
how do you even start to find a place?

I just Google wedding venues in Los Angeles - which is where I live - and several wedding sites, like this one, the Knot and others came up that had tons of lists of all types of venues, I found one that I loved in my budget.
Mary051
Mary051
Hi,
I bought all of my wedding supplies from The Dollar Store and Michaels Craft Store and Had many compliments! Check it out right away! Mary
ladis462884
ladis462884
mysticalisme wrote:
ramblingrose137 wrote:

I want a buffet style dinner and i was quoted $800.00 for 100 people..can someone tell me if that sounds about right. The main course would be pot roast and then sides as salads such as potato salad, pasta salad, and side salad.
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
UPDATE: I have found our venue, reception, dj, photographer, and videographer, we even found a pastor! I have found my 2nd wedding dress! I went back to the place where I bought my first dress, and she helped me find my second dress as well as my maid of honor's dress. And yes! Our budget did go from $5,000 to $10,000! Now I have to worry about getting everyone their deposits and get the save the date magnets and favors as well as doing my centerpieces!
Kouri463536
Kouri463536
bride2bmomof52b wrote:
if you have a buffet style reception that will bring down the price. also you can look at having it on a friday or sunday

Actually- buffets can be pricier because the kitchen can't control portions. If they tell you different they aren't being honest-Sincerely- Catering Sales Manager for Marriott.
Mary051
Mary051
Where can you find a place that will make BBQ Chichen and BBQ weiners and Meat balls in Troutdale , or
Mary051
Mary051
Use your local dollar stores for decorations and costco for food and flowers, as well as Micheals craft store. I did and my wedding was beautiful!Mary
Mary051 wrote:
Have you looked into a Best Western as they are awesome or a Community Center? Try your local resturants as they have beautiful set ups!

pauling_melissa wrote:
just need a reaaly pretty and inexpensive wedding venue in yakima wa area nothing more than an hour away anyone have ideas
1234 ..12

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: