ideas for cheapest wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

ideas for cheapest wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

yinpe350334yinpe350334Posts: 4 January 6, 2011
Help, my wedding is in June of this year, I live in Oakland ca and can't find affordable venues, caterers, photographer, videographers, everything! I want to have the ceremony and reception in the bay area, any help is much appreciated, oh and we are on a very tight budget
Guest January 6, 2011
Well Dr.Ron...disposable point and shoot cameras come with flash and they are still film so they surpass 5mp. It's the photographer, not the equipment though. As for my comparison to wedding/combat photography. No photographer would plan a wedding at high sun. At every turn a photographer is faced with contrasty elements. Fill flash works, but is limiting. Just saying wedding photography is one of the more demanding jobs. If it was up to a photographer the wedding would happen either on an overcast day (for gentle difused light) or when the sun isn't so high in the sky. So if it's cloudy or raining on your special day -
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 351 January 6, 2011
Hi Yinpep,
You are in a very high cost of living area... Thus, everything will be very expensive.
I'm confident you've read all of the postings about checking universities, parks, etc. Thus I won't repeat them. I'll just suggest that you check out the Rose Park in Berkeley. It is very nice. I've seen weddings there. I don't know the exact location, but I'm sure you'll be able to find it by asking some local people. Also, check out UC Berkley. What would they be willing to rent to you at low cost? You might talk with some people there in the chaplain's office or student activities about some of the venues their students may use.
Check with the school to see if they have a photography department. I don't know if they do or not, but if they do talk with them about some of their advanced students.
You might also check out Golden Gate Park. See if you could have your wedding in one of their beautiful gardens.

Ron
Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro
Education By Entertainment
Hi Dan208,
I agree with you on the lighting being really tough at mid-day and that the person taking the photo has more of an impact than the equipment. I'd like to see a side by side comparison of pictures taken with the cheap disposable camera lens and a for example Kodak 5MP camera. I'm expecting the Kodak 5MP would be better because of the cheap disposable lens in the one time use camera... Ron
Guest January 6, 2011
There's this new private event hall called Espaces des Arts located on the corner St-Laurent and St-Catherine. It's a loft style hall with beautiful bar and lounge. Went to a friend's wedding there, it was such a unique and cool experience. I heard the rent is very cheap compare to the regular reception halls or hotels. Check their site: www.espacesdesarts.com
Guest January 6, 2011
hey brides to be im just like you. i just got my videographer, photographer and dj from thepros.com all less then 2600 with tax included. we are in a very tight budget of 10,000 with 125 guest. so i def am bargain hunting. ps the pros do weddings in nj ny n pa
CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 January 6, 2011
Dear Brides & Grooms to be:

If you live in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area, then we are your one-stop shopping for you!

Photography packages including 8"x11" Deluxe Album & 100 Thank you cards - $1,300 ($700 off!)

Videography packages including 3 Mastered DVD's with effects - $1,200 ($800 off!)

DJ' & Lighting- starting at $750

MC's & Latin bands available!

Inquiries: LiseRamos@msn.com

www.allenspatzphotography.com

www.mbiphotographers.com

www.mybelovedwedandart.com

Book by 4/1/11 (offer expires 12/31/11)
luful591875luful591875Posts: 1 January 6, 2011
I'm getting married in April of 2012. I've started looking for reception that fits about 200 people and has space for a dance floor in Washington but cant fine any. Any recommendations?
Hi Lufulufu 2003,

Which Washington -- DC or the state of Washington? If the State, which City?

Ron
mrandmrsilorymrandmrsiloryPosts: 1 January 7, 2011
Anyone knows where I can get a cheap reception hall in the Naples,fl; Ft. myers, fl; and Lehigh acres, fl
yinpe350334yinpe350334Posts: 4 January 7, 2011
Thank you Dr. Ron, this really helps alot
Hi Yinpep,
You are in a very high cost of living area... Thus, everything will be very expensive.
I'm confident you've read all of the postings about checking universities, parks, etc. Thus I won't repeat them. I'll just suggest that you check out the Rose Park in Berkeley. It is very nice. I've seen weddings there. I don't know the exact location, but I'm sure you'll be able to find it by asking some local people. Also, check out UC Berkley. What would they be willing to rent to you at low cost? You might talk with some people there in the chaplain's office or student activities about some of the venues their students may use.
Check with the school to see if they have a photography department. I don't know if they do or not, but if they do talk with them about some of their advanced students.
You might also check out Golden Gate Park. See if you could have your wedding in one of their beautiful gardens.

Ron
Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro
Education By Entertainment
bchic592721bchic592721Posts: 1 January 7, 2011
looking for a nice place i tallahassee, fl for my early Sept reception!! any ideas or recommedations are appreciated!!
delar591749delar591749Posts: 1 January 7, 2011
I'm not having any bridesmaids or groomsmen which saves me on flowers and the stress of picking dresses, who stands where etc. But I'm also having a coffee and dessert reception only. Cuts cost like you wouldn't believe. Having just a few simple and inexpensive desserts to pick from and not having to do the whole $25+ per head food or buffet can really save you!
ashdi582120ashdi582120Posts: 3 January 7, 2011
I'm lokking for some where in avon, hartford, east hartford windsor bloomfield anywhere around there
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 351 January 8, 2011
Hi Ashdiggles 26,
I checked Google and it brought me to a number of places including the Gathering Guide listing of 19 places in Hartford. One which sounded good was the Bushnell center for the Performing Arts. Have You checked them out? If not here is a link to their page: http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_directory/ct_connecticut/event_venue_1089.html and anther one was the Hartford Society Room http://www.hartfordsocietyroom.com . Why don't you check with these two places for starters... and if they seem too expensive ask whomever you speak with in sales if they have recommendations. My next suggestion would be to check religous institutions, and it is a bit of a drive but I'd next check aroind the UCONN Campus in Storres. Let me know if I can be of further help. Ron
Guest January 8, 2011
Any ideas on cheap, wedding venues in LA? My fiance and I would like to go with a hacienda style wedding.
CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 January 8, 2011
Dear Guest Hacienda Style in L.A.

You must check out Mariposas at the Hacienda Hotel. It is beautiful and you will need a minimum of decor because it is already set in a Mexican elegant Hacienda style. Because the hotel is nearer to the airport, it is cheaper and there will be ample parking. Keep in mind that if you do a Sunday brunch wedding reception, it will be much cheaper, and you could have a champagne brunch with a variety of wines and skip the hard liquor since it is an earlier affair -- that saves a lot of money since an open bar is usually $20 & up per person alone. I don't know how many guests you are expecting, but call the hotel directly and ask to be connected to this or one of the other restaurants. Here is the site:

http://haciendahotel.com/el-segundo-restaurants/mariposas/index.cfm

If you need invites, wedding favors, sign in posters and other printed goodies, I offer a package starting at $200 for up to 100 guests.

You can email me at liseramos@msn.com for the details.

Good luck on your wedding plans!

Regards,

Lise' Ramos

Creative Director

www.mybelovedwedandart.com

ashdi582120ashdi582120Posts: 3 January 9, 2011
How long before I should send out save the date my wedding is not until september of2012????
CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 January 9, 2011
ashdiggles26 wrote:
How long before I should send out save the date my wedding is not until september of2012????

send them this year in september. a year ahead is usually the norm.

good luck!

Lise' Ramos

Creative Director

nenal594081nenal594081Posts: 1 January 9, 2011
it depends on your taste of hall because five star spa and resorts are expnsive you might want to consider a hall that is city owned
jamie594083jamie594083Posts: 1 January 9, 2011
i want to get married in charleston west virginia in august any nice outdoor settings such as a certain park or country club anyone know of who will rent for a reasonable price?
lisad594609lisad594609Posts: 1 January 10, 2011
Anyone know of a nice place in Mt. Pleasant or Shephrd Mi. to get married? The bride is looking for outside and dosnt have alot of money
Guest January 10, 2011
I'm a wedding musician (solo violin & trio/quartet) so I've played a lot of weddings of all budgets---my best advice for a low-budget wedding is to 1) use lots of reliable volunteer help (sew your own dresses, make decorations, cook your own food) and 2) locate both the ceremony and reception at a church--there are indeed many that are not "preachy", for example the Unitarian Universalist tolerate nearly every belief system. Most houses of worship will have some type of fellowship hall or gathering space, and will allow you to bring in your own food. Yes there are some churches that have stricter requirements, just keep searching for one that isn't so picky. Also you'll likely not have rigid time restrictions either, so you can have your family show up extra early to do your own decorations. You may have to hire their janitors (or maybe not), and purchase Event Insurance for $100-$200, but the savings you'll realize by doing your own decoration & food will easily cover that. For the music---unless you have a relative who is REALLY GOOD, of course, I would suggest you go with a professional, who will be happy to work for in the $200 range.
Guest January 10, 2011
Outdoors weddings: Big Advice---if you are on a budget, you are flirting with disaster; because not only will you need to pay expenses for outdoors, you'll also need to pay expenses for an indoors alternative in case of rain, or an extremely large tent with walls. You'd be better off just staying indoors.
LesleyLesleyPosts: 2 January 28, 2011
I found my photographer on kijiji! Very cheap and she did amazing work!
S_Kreder wrote:
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?
LesleyLesleyPosts: 2 January 28, 2011
Try the Quality Inn Bayers lake. Its a lovely location and the catering manager Amy is amazing at planning/organizing weddings! She also manages the airport property which is quite nice as well (and cheap!) but doesn't hold as many people!
jlhart1973 wrote:
I am getting married on Aug 6th 2011 and I am looking for inexpensive locations for my reception and dance in Halifax Nova Scotia
shari613885shari613885Posts: 1 January 29, 2011
Hi. I am getting married in Atlanta Ga. Would you be able to come there to cater? Where are you located?
kari wrote:
Hi Ladies! I own Inside Out Catering, and I would love to talk to each of you on ways to save money. I have many many ideas for you that are very cost effective.
When you decide to go with my catering services, you automatically get free event planning, and the use of my decorations for free!! So you are saving a ton of money on your decorations!!
Feel free to check out my website at www.insideoutcatering.net, and to give me a call. My number is 616-350-2669, or 616-675-4644. I would love to help each and every one of you to save money on your big day!
tscmw614498tscmw614498Posts: 1 January 30, 2011
Hi! I'm getting married on New Year's eve 2012 in Minnesota, but I'm struggling to find a location. Any local MN's out there with advice? Thanks!
fanwh613418fanwh613418Posts: 1 January 30, 2011
hi i'm getting married in Aug 2011 and i need so help on finding a cheap venue for the reception. i'm on a tight budget and most places is charging 900-2000 for a rent any advice in Denver CO
CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 January 30, 2011
fanwh55 wrote:
hi i'm getting married in Aug 2011 and i need so help on finding a cheap venue for the reception. i'm on a tight budget and most places is charging 900-2000 for a rent any advice in Denver CO

Posting my previous post again for those on a budget who have not read through all of the mails. Good luck on your event.

Like, I mentioned above, for inexpensive venues, I would do a search in your area for the following:

Eagles
Elks
Lions
VFW
Grange halls
Knights of Columbus
WYCA/WMCA

They may only ask for a donation and usually have a kitchen, air conditioning, tables and chairs, and a coat room.

Check your local phone book or stop by a neighborhood real estate office who should have a map of your area and all public access locations. By far these are cheaper than a catering venue. You may also want to do an outdoor ceremony, so check with your local parks. Determine your style and the kinds of colors you would like to use.

For ideas, you should buy the popular wedding magazines. For sites and vendors, it is worthwhile to purchase, "Wedding Sites and Services". You may also want to visit David's Bridal or a wedding store in your area. You can pick the colors you would like for your bridal party.

Here's my favorite links:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10051

www.ybridal.com

http://www.weddingsitesandservices.com/

http://www.orientaltrading.com/party-themes-and-events/wedding-a1-388560+98-1-0.fltr

http://www.foreverandalways.com/ProductCategory/wedding-ceremony/29.htm

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/

http://www.getmarried.com/

http://www.annsbridalbargains.com/Plan-Your-Wedding-Ceremony/index.cat
douaf327766douaf327766Posts: 1 February 3, 2011
you could try a firehall. use their social hall and do the ceremony there as well. saves on money, people getting from place to place.
themo636459themo636459Posts: 1 February 27, 2011
i am a party planner -caterer in iowa . i have had my business for 15 yrs. the cheapest way to go is park shelters, you can rent city halls,cheap hall rentals. if you have your wedding on a friday night verses weekend it saves alot money. i have couples who cant afford food, have an evening romantic wedding with candles and flowers after 7;30pm. mark on invitations (do your own on computer,save hundres) cake and punch provided, no dinner. get sheet cakes from local walmart, sams club at $40 a cake vs $$$$$ to serve to guest then order small 2 tier cake from favorite bakery for table-dont tell bakery for weeding cost more, just let them know u want a two teir cake and color-buy ur own topper or flowers to top cake, if u want food -pasta is the cheapest food or taco bar, meat gets pricey. get flowers from sams walmart put in own vases-go after holidays to local hobby lobby and get christmas or valentines decorations for receptions. have colors of wedding be red or colors of past holiday. go in may after prom get discounted prom dresses for bridal party. my 4 girls got $16 deep purple pretty $250 dresses at 85% off clearance after prom sale. i did my own wedding for 75 guests on a friday night for less then 800$$ that included everything even my clerance jcpennys gown for $99 in clearance catalog, i made my own flowers, had a good camera had family member take pictures went to walgreens croped and made nice pictures, made my own invitaio ns, food, had cds for music -made our own music for dance and brought sterio system. rented a large room in back of library for $40 family set up tables and ghairs, had reception and wedding same place, had disposable white plates and clear small cups, but got more expensive colored napkins -you can get nice plastic party items at party stores cheap.the most expensive items for weddings are photographer, cake, flowers-so if family or you can do that u save alot money. wish everyone luck and hope i can help from aunt bs catering
teawo636440teawo636440Posts: 1 February 27, 2011
Looking for a Hall for 180 people in St Charles Il or close by.
fairy636870fairy636870Posts: 1 February 27, 2011
I'm haveing a hard time finding a location that is in my buget but is also not frumpy. I;m looking for a place in or near granite cityIl
howar525265howar525265Posts: 3 February 27, 2011
Lesley wrote:
I found my photographer on kijiji! Very cheap and she did amazing work!
S_Kreder wrote:
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?
Let me know the date of your wedding and where you are located. I may be able to help you with my studio.
camille_19141 wrote:
We are looking for a cheap but classy place to have our wedding and reception in or near Philadelphia, Pa. or Wildwoods, NJ in mid Aug. of 2011. for about 100 people. We're going for a moden look and the ability to bring some of our own things if needed. Can anyone help us?

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. Let me know if you are still looking for a reasonable photographer to cover your wedding. Howard at www.onefinedayphotographers.com 516-690-1320
ABETTERDJABETTERDJPosts: 24 February 28, 2011
S_Kreder wrote:

Hi,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! If you are in one of the 38 states we serve we have packages as low as $400 for photography Big Grin
ABETTERDJABETTERDJPosts: 24 February 28, 2011
MyBelovedWed1 wrote:
fanwh55 wrote:

Posting my previous post again for those on a budget who have not read through all of the mails. Good luck on your event.

Like, I mentioned above, for inexpensive venues, I would do a search in your area for the following:

Eagles
Elks
Lions
VFW
Grange halls
Knights of Columbus
WYCA/WMCA

They may only ask for a donation and usually have a kitchen, air conditioning, tables and chairs, and a coat room.

Check your local phone book or stop by a neighborhood real estate office who should have a map of your area and all public access locations. By far these are cheaper than a catering venue. You may also want to do an outdoor ceremony, so check with your local parks. Determine your style and the kinds of colors you would like to use.

For ideas, you should buy the popular wedding magazines. For sites and vendors, it is worthwhile to purchase, "Wedding Sites and Services". You may also want to visit David's Bridal or a wedding store in your area. You can pick the colors you would like for your bridal party.

Here's my favorite links:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10051

www.ybridal.com

http://www.weddingsitesandservices.com/

http://www.orientaltrading.com/party-themes-and-events/wedding-a1-388560+98-1-0.fltr

http://www.foreverandalways.com/ProductCategory/wedding-ceremony/29.htm

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/

http://www.getmarried.com/

http://www.annsbridalbargains.com/Plan-Your-Wedding-Ceremony/index.cat

Great info! Add in parks. social clubs, and a lot of churches have inexpensive parish hall rentals. We can save you a lot on your DJ and photographer so you can up your budget on the venue Big Grin
jasmi633336jasmi633336Posts: 1 February 28, 2011
The first step to finding a place would be to determine a rough idea of the guest count. Many venues can be eliminated based on capacity. The 2nd way to cut cost would be to consider a Friday wedding. You'll be pleasantly surprised to see just how many places are still available for a 2011 wedding if it is on a Friday. Also most places don't charge a hall charge in addition to catering if you choose a Friday. Try and look for places that provide the hall and catering in one, since that will usually save you $ as opposed to bringing in outside caterers, unless you already have a cheap caterer in mind.
If you're still having a hard time locating a venue, try searching for caters, and then look at locations they usually cater in. This can also help out.
Shell591254Shell591254Posts: 10 March 1, 2011
Hi i am in alberta canada and I am planning my wedding in fernie bc. You can find smaller halls that are not the trendy places and they cost a lot less. I am ordering my flowers (silk) from budge bride. They are very reasonably priced. Have you checked out michaels for decorations etc. I did buy an arch there and if you use thier coupons it saves alot. I am just finding that being organized has helped alot. There are also many rental (local) stores that you can rent just about anything affordably. good luck and congrats

baby_vie wrote:
shummel89 wrote:
Hello, My fiance and I are getting married this August and I still have alot of planning to do! I'm reading through all of your comments but I'm noticing everyone is posting in the states! I'm looking for places and flowers ect.. in CANADA can anyone help me out?!

hey i'm in canada if you're in alberta or anywhere for that matter look in small towns around you at the prices of renting their community halls or arenas most places rent them out for pretty cheap in the country.
chema639010chema639010Posts: 2 March 2, 2011
I'm getting married June 18th 2011, I need help finding an Officiant to perform the service. I have most of everything else figured out at this poi.
chema639010chema639010Posts: 2 March 2, 2011
Grew685111Grew685111Posts: 1 May 17, 2011
I'm looking for a soloist of some flavor to play a brunch in stuart,fl on June 5. Contact me at grew@itascaboca.com if you can help
mander33mander33Posts: 8 May 23, 2011
If you still need help with this wedding let me know, I am willing to help you out for a small fee since I am trying to start up an event planning business in Maine! email me at my business email: amanda.allyouwant@gmail.com
danni688537danni688537Posts: 1 May 24, 2011
Looking for outdoor venue like a campsite with a lodge. to do outdoor wedding in marietta ohio.
moraz716724moraz716724Posts: 2 July 25, 2011
I am in Houston, but looking for a venue/ hall to host a bridal shower in New Orleans, around the Westbank. PLEASE let me know if you can help!!
moraz716724moraz716724Posts: 2 July 25, 2011
Thanks
charm717912charm717912Posts: 1 July 27, 2011
i live in brooklyn nyc and i am getting married in 7 months don't know where to start i know my budget but its kind of hard not knowing ur next step and around that time of the year it still be cold help!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: