Ideas for an Indoor Winter Romantic Reception Venue Syracuse NY after my wedding?? Messages in this topic - RSS

Ideas for an Indoor Winter Romantic Reception Venue Syracuse NY after my wedding?? Messages in this topic - RSS

kel3r622559kel3r622559Posts: 5 March 3, 2011
I am looking for ideas for an Indoor Winter Reception in or around the Syracuse NY area - I really want romance on my special wedding day!

My ideas appear to be simple: 1. Friday evening (check) 2. Fireplace 3. Candles 4. Romantic atmosphere

Any Ideas??
kel3r622559kel3r622559Posts: 5 March 3, 2011
OH and it has to be inexpensive as we are paying for it ourselves and still have student loans etc... to pay for.
CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 March 7, 2011
kel3ru wrote:
OH and it has to be inexpensive as we are paying for it ourselves and still have student loans etc... to pay for.

have all the tables linens in white with touches of silver - silver beading in your flower arrangements (you can buy at a craft store), hand make simple table chair top covers in "fake fur" (you can buy this fabric by the yard and can use just on for your head tables, hire a couple of dancers to wear white leotards and provide them with feathers and silver hair pieces. As folks walk in, they could look like fur trees moving in the wind, add crystal/glass snowflake ornaments everywhere and get a white cake with shimmery touches of white flowers, white feathers and silvery sparkle. Get to a park or nearby forest and forage for branches. Spray paint them silver and white, mix them together and glue on white carnations, and add clear crystal small ornaments. Do add small votives in frosted white glass and blue candles for a nice glow. You can get a lot of this stuff on orientaltrading.com if you do searches. They are very reasonable!

Good luck!

Lise'

www.mybelovedwedandart.com
Guest March 8, 2011
try justins in carrier circle
kel3r622559kel3r622559Posts: 5 March 14, 2011
Thanks for your suggestions. Keep em coming!
kattyjamezkattyjamezPosts: 1 March 16, 2011
la ostra di
kares649130kares649130Posts: 1 March 17, 2011
I am also trying to go for that fairytale winter wonderland theme at the reception and my mind is cluttered any ideas on things I can be creative about as far as centerpieces flowers decorations cake plating etc...
MAGEventsMAGEventsPosts: 27 March 28, 2011
Words I heard were warm, fire place, romantic. What about browns for the colors with touches of cream? Make your centerpieces full of different height candles clumped tightly together to create that romantic glow. You can add richness to the table by sprinkling warm colored glass rocks. Check your space, if there are little alcoves or legded windows then you could crate clumps of candles and place a fire place screen in front of them to mimic a glowing fire. If you didn't want to go icy with your touches, try pine cones of different sizes in baskets or in your vases. There's lots you can do!
MAG Events
MAGEventsMAGEventsPosts: 27 March 28, 2011
Oh and I forgot - depending on your venue you could even arrive in a horse drawn carriage and then leave it available for your guests to ride in.
kel3r622559kel3r622559Posts: 5 March 31, 2011
These are all great suggestions. I am learning more and more that every little detial costs something! My wedding/reception is going to be in November and if anyone is familiar with the Upstate NY weather you know that it isnt a reliable time of year. It could be 70 degrees, raining, snowing...etc. I am however leaning now more toward a Fall Theme instead of a Winter theme. Keep the good suggestions coming~! Thank you ALL!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: