ideas for an at home wedding? Messages in this topic - RSS

ideas for an at home wedding? Messages in this topic - RSS

Guest October 6, 2010
my fiance and i are currently buying a house. it's beautiful, 10 acres, right on the rio grande river, and a log cabin. we have beautiful mountain scenery surrounding us. the outside of the house is finsihed and beautiful, and we will soon be working on the inside to get it finished before the wedding (sept 10, 2011). does anyone have any ideas on decorating, food, and etc being that we are now definitely on a budget?
Guest October 7, 2010
You can cater from a # of people in your area. You must figure how much you want to spend per person. i would recommend a nice buffet with simple and fun foods like gourmet mini burgers, chicken shish-k-bobs, pasta and rice dishes and a fun dessert bar (you can buy a small cake to cut) and have an array of jars with candies, cookies,petit fors, mini danishes and pastries.

You should set up a tent for the reception dinner and rent tables/table cloths in ivory, and have a simple bouquet of mixed fall flowers. You should hire a dj and invest in a decent digital camera and designate a good friend to take your photos. You can get a very good used camera for about $300.

You should set up a small garden like area with chairs, an inexpensive gazebo (from home depot or similar store) and buy a paper ailse runner with flower petals on it, and tall arrangements (one of either side of you and your husband to be.

Do a search on line for "do it yourself" weddings and buy bridal magazines. If you could swing about $1,000, or so, it would be worth it to hire a planner in your area. You can do a search for one on this website where it says find available venues and vendors.

Good luck!

Lise'
www.mybelovedwedandart.com
ercal585ercal585Posts: 2 October 8, 2010
Unless you have a large covered porch, do plan to rent a tent. This is especially important if you will have any children present or elderly guests. They will appreciate a break from the heat. Also, something fun to offer.... sno cones in gourmet flavors. The machines are inexpensive to rent and it will be a great cool treat that can be served in martini glasses or in clear cups (if your wedding is more casual) with spoons. In your location, let the scenery be your main decor. Take advantage of what nature has already provided. No need to go overboard with purchasing decorations as many people under-estimate these costs and tend to go over budget quite easily. Keep in mind that if you do picnic style foods any salads must be kept cold. You want your guests to have fond memories of the day, not food poisoning. No need to be extravagant. Simple details will go a long way.

-Erica

Vision Events Consulting
LiveWire99EntLiveWire99EntPosts: 18 October 14, 2010
You have the perfect canvas for your wedding - OPEN. I would have a blast thinking of all the things to do and yes for a reasonable cost. Just remember most of your cost will come from tenting and catering.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: