Small wedding in New York - need some help for the location of the ceremony and the luncheon Messages in this topic - RSS

Small wedding in New York - need some help for the location of the ceremony and the luncheon Messages in this topic - RSS

PendaSebPendaSebPosts: 3 October 4, 2010
Our wedding:
  • Monday Feb 7th 2011
  • 20-25 people
  • New York City
  • Ceremony at 11am - Luncheon at 1pm
We would like to have the place for the ceremony representative of the City, like with a panoramic view on the skyline for example, or in Central Park (if we can find a heated place). There is an other symbol we would like: the water element. It would be nice to have a view on a river or on a lake. It will be a non-religious ceremony.

The ceremony and the restaurant can be at a different place. Because this will be in the middle of the winter, we want a warm and friendly place with a cosy private room (not too big). We are thinking about a place with wood, stone and why not a nice fireplace for example. It could be also a garden or a terrace if heated up. A nice view would be a great plus. The food doesn’t have to be very sophisticated, especially since our budget is limited, but a high quality food is very important to us.

Please let us know if you have any suggestions smile

Wedding planners, we are open.

P & S
info450424info450424Posts: 8 October 4, 2010
Highlands Castle offers panoramic, breathtaking views overlooking Lake George NY, one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
Guest October 4, 2010
Hello my name is Regina Weber I am a Wedding Planner for Brides on a budget. If you would like I will help you find something you can call me or visit our website at
apieceofcakeweddingdesign.com

My email is weddingdesignbyregina@gmail.com
or you can call me at
1-877-340-1313 ext 2
PendaSebPendaSebPosts: 3 October 4, 2010
@info: Thank you. But we are looking for a location in the City.

@Regina: we will have a look to your website. Thks !
Guest October 4, 2010
Your very welcome smile
Guest October 4, 2010
Dear PendaSeb,

The issue that you will have is finding a place to accommodate such a small number of guests. I do wedding planning in NYC (I reside in NYC) and can do some research for you. I'm thinking at the top of my head, the Sequoia restaurant at the South Street Seaport. They have great food and a nice view. You can probably do something for around $80 per person, depending on your need for alcohol. There is also a couple of places if you go more north in Manhattan that has water views. I'll check further for you. Do give a call so that I can get an idea of your budget. If you like my suggestions and wish to hire me, I charge very reasonable fees and can include photography, menus, ceremony programs and other printed materials as well.

All the best and congratulations!

Lise' Ramos
Planner & Director
www.allenspatzphotography.com
www.photographersmbi.com
www.mybelovedwedandart.com
212-928-6572
Guest October 7, 2010
Hi PendaSeb,
Just did a little research. You may also consider a nice luncheon on a small yacht. There are many in NYC and you can get a great deal starting about $40 per person, depending on the ship you choose. Let me know if you are interested in this as well.

Best,
Lise' Ramos
212-928-6572
Guest October 14, 2010
I'm an officiant in NYC and work all over. How about Gantry Plaza State Park in Long Island City, with the UN as the backdrop across the East River? Great Riverview Restaurant nearby for reception. I've got lots of other ideas as well. Call me at 646-753-2959 or check my website at www.MySacredTimes.com. Happy to help.
Guest October 14, 2010
An indoor venue that overlooks the Harbor, Statue of Liberty, etc., is Battery Gardens Restaurant. Nice people and great food.
PendaSebPendaSebPosts: 3 October 19, 2010
Many thanks to all of you. We are considering Battery Gardens!!
CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 October 28, 2010
PendaSeb wrote:
Many thanks to all of you. We are considering Battery Gardens!!

Dear PendaSeb,
I was at a wedding there about a month ago and it was fantastic. I was a guest (not the photographer) and really enjoyed the views and the menu. This would be a good deal for you because you are marrying off season.

My company is having a 50% sale on photography/videography services which includes printed materials such as invites, menu cards, thank-you magnet favors, and thank-you cards, all with your image and theme. Drop me a line or call if you would like any of these services. Because January-February is slow in the wedding industry, we are passing the savings onto those who can take advantage of this great offer.

My sites:
www.allenspatzphotography.com
www.mybelovedwedandart.com

Best and congratulations!
Lise'
212-928-6572
liseramos@msn.com

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: