Help!!!! Getting married next year for the first time and just started planning, Oh ya I’m on a budget!!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

Help!!!! Getting married next year for the first time and just started planning, Oh ya I’m on a budget!!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

share518234share518234Posts: 7 September 29, 2010
I am in Cincinnati Ohio, and I am having a HARD time finding any thing affordable for my wedding I’m getting married next year in August , and I’m on a very tight budget, the main things I’m really worried about costing an arm and a leg are....VENUE, CATERORS, DECORTAION, PHOTOGRAPHY AND A DJ. If anyone have any ideas please, please please, let me no my email is rena_vinny@yahoo.com Thank you all so much.
EventHostEventHostPosts: 2 September 29, 2010
You have not given enough information to provide you many details. What is the most improtant element to you? Hire that to be done by a profressional. But, start off cleaning up your backyard and having family and friends wedding you will cherish. Go to the local college and ask profesors for outstanding studens in photo, music and baker. Hire the students or let your wedding be a student/class project. There are many ways to save money. A creative wedding planner can save you alot of money with her creativity! Backyard wedding are in style right now. Good Luck.

Marsha Pruitt
The Event Host
704-533-0757
Ok thanks, I’m trying to stay under 2000 dollars and there will be about 40-45 people. I really don’t have any thing that’s most important to me well my dress but I got that out of the way along time ago, now I’m just freaking out about any every thing else. I really love the ideas about going to my school and hiring someone from there that helped a lot. Thank you so much!!!
Guest September 29, 2010
Where are you located? Where will your wedding be?
both in Cincinnati Ohio
Guest October 23, 2010
check out your local parks, see if any of them have like a gazebo or something, most parks are free to use or charge a small fee. If there is a pavillon you can have your reception there too. Make sure theres plenty of parking. Consider having a judge do your ceremony, they are much cheaper than minister,priests, etc. Use your resources,,have a friend or family person that takes great pictures,ask them to be your photographer. Tons of great sites online for decorations,flowers etc. Consider just serving appetizers for your food, get a fake cake for show and serve a sheet cake,,,you will save major dollars on that. Consider using fresh flowers cut from gardens for your bouquets, they are free that way, and just tie a ribbon around them. Make your own invitations.
Guest October 24, 2010
Have a bbq(beef or pulled pork). My niece had a very beautiful wedding at a high end outdoor site, but she had bbq (BBQ beef and it was great. They had side dishes of pasta and green salads, baked beans and rolls. Ask relatives to bring a side dish. Family usually understands. Get friends and family who like to take photos to be photographers. Or,if your college has a photography, catering or baking class, they may do photos,food or a cake at low cost. Simple bouquets can look so pretty. Buy some ribbon for decorating, give the guests birdseed to throw. Ask around if you have a friend or someone who lives in the country who would let you use their place for a few hrs(with enough parking). Even for a small fee it would be alot less than wedding venues charge and might make for some pretty pics. For my daughters baby shower, we used small canning jars with a ribbon wrapped around them and pretty straws. Everybody liked them. I also used my own candleholders and wrapped ribbons around them. Have wine or beer if you must have alcohol. Hang paper lanterns over the reception area for a festive look, especially in bright colors. Advertise for a dj. You can also try bartering for services, such as a DJ or cake baker if you or your fiance have a service to offer in return. I saw on a website small lanterns tied to the chairs on the aisles at a wedding Use either real or battery operated candles. Those little tealight candles can go a long way to make a pretty ambience. Small white christmas lights strung on trees or around decks. Hang some from trees, stairs, around the roof. Ask your moms for things you can use to decorate. For my daughters baby shower we had big glass drink dispensers with strawberry lemonade and iced tea and water. We floated lemons and had limes on the side. You could put ice in a big container. (I have seen small animal troughs used(not used)or a lg.fire bucket). Then put wine, beer or water, etc.in it. Lots of great sites online for decorations. I got the cutest little paper bags with wire tops for our candy bar(Paper Mart). We made our own invitations and baby shower signs. We cut out all the letters and put them on a background, then added a string. We had a chalkboard at the entrance that we wrote "welcome" on, with two little bears holding "it's a boy balloons". They had identity bracelets on(we're having twins). Simple and personal things. A friend recently got married in a barn. They had a tree on paper and everyone was asked to stamp their fingerprint on the tree(for leaves) and then sign their name. It was original.
Guest October 24, 2010
Oh, and when the bakers were bringing the cake down the hill to my nieces high end wedding site to set it on its table, one of them slipped, and they dropped it! But,everyone laughed, including the bride. She didn't let it ruin her day. Enjoy your day!
Guest November 3, 2010
You can buy a 3 tier cake from Walmart for 138.00.They are very beautiful and taste great.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: