Bring/Take Our/Your Children To Work Day Programs Messages in this topic - RSS

Bring/Take Our/Your Children To Work Day Programs Messages in this topic - RSS

DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 March 19, 2010
Many corporations set aside one day each year, normally in the April to June time frame, in which employees are encouraged to bring their children to work for a day. There is an official organization called Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work® Day Foundation (Take Our Daughters and Sons To Work® is a registered trademark of the Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Foundation) which sponsors programs and specifies an "official date" for this event each year. In 2013 that date is Thursday, April 25, 2013. Other companies chose a different day. For example, some hold the event right after school summer recess begins. The Foundation does recommend a number of specific programs on their web site.

What's My Job: An Effective Career Orientation Program for Middle School Students is an additional program for bring your children to work day which I recommend and describe on SlideShare (and in ERIC). You may download the PowerPoint Slides and Instructions at no charge. With just a little bit of modification you may customize them for your programs. I find that the What's My Job program holds student's attention, teaches them about some of the professions at their parent's workplace and helps improve student-parent communication!!! While the What's My Job format was motivated by the 1950's and 1960's television show What's My Line? (What's My Line? is a Trademark of Mark GoodsonProductions, LLC, Santa Monica, CA ) the exact process and rules of the program are not identical.

If you would like more information on What's My Job or to discuss ideas for programs involving bringing your children to the workplace you may contact me through my Eventective Listing. Just request a complimentary consultation regarding a bringing children to work day program. Alternatively, you may contact me through my Google profile.

(c) Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro, 2010
Education by Entertainment
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 February 4, 2011
The official Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day® is Thursday, April 28, 2011! Whether you are planning on having an official event on April 28, an event on another date, or just providing an informal opportunity if you haven't started to plan yet, now is the time to do it!!!!

Let me know if I can be of help to you, and please consider including an
Education By Entertainment program as part of your plans.

Ron
Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro
Education By Entertainment

DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 March 18, 2011
REMINDER: The official Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day® is Thursday, April 28, 2011! If you haven't already planned your company's day there is still some time to do so... but please begin your planning today!!!

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, Ph. D.
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 October 26, 2011
Hi,

While next April seems like it is a long way off, I've found that it takes a while to coordinate events such as this one. I would recommend people start to think about their event within the next few weeks (if they have not done so already).

Let me know if i can be of help.

Ron
Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 December 25, 2011
Hi,

I recently added an additional program called That's My Mom on SlideShare. That's My Mom would also be an excellent career related program for a family career day including middle school students. The slides are designed to be self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me for a complimentary telephone consultation. If you would prefer, I would be delighted to produce and lead the program for you.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Ron
Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 March 30, 2012
REMINDER: The official Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day® is Thursday, April 26, 2012! If you haven't already planned your company's day there is still some time to do so... but please begin your planning today!!!

Ron
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 April 20, 2012
REMINDER: The official Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day® is Thursday, April 26, 2012!

That is next week!!!

If you haven't already planned your company's day there is still some time to do so... but please begin your planning with a sense of urgency today!!!

Ron
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 April 20, 2012
Please see the Rhode Island Small Business Journal (RISBJ) Issue #3 for an article titled Do Your Children Know What You Do at Work? Probably Not. The article includes a discussion on Bring/Take Our/Your Children To Work Day Programs as well as the That's My Mom game.

Thank you,

Ron
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 April 20, 2013
Do Your Sons and Daughters Understand Your Work? Probably Not!

Looking for an activity for your company's Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day® for pre-teens and/or teens and their parents? Check out Do Your Sons and Daughters Understand Your Work? Probably Not!, the article on page 25 of Rhode Island Creative Magazine (RICM) for some ideas for a parent-teen activities which will be educational and fun!

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, Ph.D.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: