The Fellas were formed in the summer of 1991. The group consisted of founding members, Joe Rivera III (lead vocals/1st tenor), Ricardo Wright (lead vocals/1st tenor), Andrew 'Drew' Rhoden (lead vocals/2nd tenor) and Anthony Cooper, Jr. (lead vocals/baritone/bass).
The Fellas are patterned after the Temptations, whose style allows anyone to step out front and sing lead, without compromising the harmony. Not wanting to be typecast as an "oldies" group, The Fellas are also armed with original material catered to the adult audience. Artists that influenced The Fellas (besides Motown acts) are The O'Jays, The Manhattans, The Spinners, Rachelle Farrell, Marvin Gaye, Will Downing and Phil Perry, to name a few.
Today in 2013, original members Ricardo Wright and Joe Rivera III continue to perpetuate Classic Soul music, along with JoQuae DeVonish who was a member of the latter lineup of the Fellas and newest member Roman Barksdale. Classic Soul returns from Detroit, MI and NYC.
The Fellas can provide the following to suit your entertainment needs:
• 30 minute, 45 minute or 60 minute sets
• 1 set or 2 sets
• Perform live with our band
• Perform live with your band
• Provide charts and music to the client’s band
• Perform live with tracks
THE FELLAS, New York — THE FELLAS at Stepinac HS - 4/6/13
Photos published with permission of
- Ooh Baby, Baby
- THE FELLAS perform The Miracles' 'Ooh Baby, Baby'
- I Can't Get Next To You
- THE FELLAS perform The Temptations' 'I Can't Get Next To You'
- Papa Was A Rolling Stone
- THE FELLAS perform The Temptations' 'Papa Was A Rolling Stone' at The Cutting Room in NYC 6/22/13