Photos published with permission of Massachusetts Horticultural Society
The estate’s former carriage house has been renamed to honor the late Walter Hunnewell, former president of MHS and a lasting patron of horticulture throughout his life. Now completely renovated and accessible to people with disabilities, the building’s original vaulted and trussed ceiling is exposed, capping a great event hall of nearly 3,000 square feet.
Supported Layouts and Capacities
Banquet - 10 per
Capacity: 180 People
Capacity: 225 People
Banquet - 8 per
Capacity: 144 People
Capacity: 400 People
- Air Conditioned
- Dance Floor
- Atmosphere/Decor: The Hunnewell Building, the carriage house for the former Cheney-Baltzell estate, which once occupied the site. Its great hall boasts nearly 3,000 square feet of event space and is capped with a magnificent vaulted and trussed ceiling.
- Audio Visual: Built-in AV Equipment
- Floor Covering: Carpet
- Space Size (Length x Width) in feet: 70' x 40'
- Space Size (Length x Width) in meters: 21.336' x 12.192'
- Special Features: A large catering kitchen adjoining the hall in the back of the building is ideal for event load-ins and catering use. An attached three-season tent expands the event hall, allowing your gathering of up to 400 to spill out into the country air.
- Total Square Feet: 3,000
- Total Square Meters: 278.7