Photos published with permission of Saddleback Butte State Park
The group camp holds up to 30 people and 12 vehicles, and is available by reservation only through Reserve America. A permit is requited for special events; call (661) 942-0662 for information or to apply for a permit.
Supported Layouts and Capacities
Capacity: 30 People
- Access to Running Water
- Parking Lot
- Picnic Area
- Rest Room Facilities
- Atmosphere/Decor: Rustic setting in beautiful high desert, surrounded by Joshua Tree woodland. Spring/fall days are pleasant with cool evenings; summer days are very hot but evenings are warm and nice. Winds can be strong; conditions vary and can change suddenly.
- Audio Visual: No AV available
- Floor Covering: sand
- Space Size (Length x Width) in feet: 625
- Space Size (Length x Width) in meters: 190.5
- Special Features: Private site with firepit and grill, & four large picnic tables under shade ramada. Direct view of the butte, and stargazing is exceptional. Note: burning natural vegetation is illegal and damaging- please bring your own campfire wood and kindling.
- Total Square Feet: 625
- Total Square Meters: 58.1