Smith-Appleby House Museum

220 Stillwater Rd, Smithfield, RI
About Smith-Appleby House Museum
The Smith-Appleby House Museum began as a one-room stone-ender with a loft above. It was built (circa 1696) by Elisha Smith, the grandson of John “The Miller" Smith, cartographer of the New England coastline and a member of Roger William’s original party of six men who left the Massachusetts Bay Colony to settle in Providence. Today it is one of the few 17th century houses still left standing in Rhode Island and is on the National Register of Historic Places. We are open for tours during scheduled events or on request. The House and grounds are available for wedding receptions, showers, ceremonies, family outings, scouting events, and photographs.
Package Pricing
Event Spaces
Entire Venue
Entire Venue
Recommendations
Location
Venue Types
Amenities
  • Fully Equipped Kitchen
  • Handicapped Accessible
  • Outdoor Function Area
  • Outside Catering Allowed
Features
  • Year Renovated: 2010