Atheist Wedding? - Weddings - Eventective - Forums

Atheist Wedding? Messages in this topic - RSS

Amanda10990
Amanda10990
RevBodholdt wrote:
Absolutely you can have a traditional wedding!

It is not necessary to have any religious references in your ceremony. If you choose carefully, you can have an officiant who will create your personalized ceremony and you will have the final say on what is to be in the ceremony.

Eventective has many, many vendors for most areas. We are ministers, yet we will help each couple create the personalized ceremony with exactly what the couples wish to have in their ceremony - or not have!.

it is your wedding day, your ceremony!!!

Rev. Aliene Bodholdt

smile I'm very glad to hear that! Though, my problem is that I live in Oklahoma- A traditionally "Christian Conservative" state.
They frown on Atheists like me, and I'm sure it's going to be more difficult for my fiance and I to find someone to marry us. Where should I look? And Who should I ask for? It's all seems so complicated. We want to get married on a Sunday- is that possible?
RevBo122540
RevBo122540
Absolutely you can have a traditional wedding!

It is not necessary to have any religious references in your ceremony. If you choose carefully, you can have an officiant who will create your personalized ceremony and you will have the final say on what is to be in the ceremony.

Eventective has many, many vendors for most areas. We are ministers, yet we will help each couple create the personalized ceremony with exactly what the couples wish to have in their ceremony - or not have!.

it is your wedding day, your ceremony!!!

Rev. Aliene Bodholdt

Guest March 18, 2010
What you are looking for is a celebrant. Which there are quite a number of people that are liscenced to perform your wedding and quite a bit more flexible.
djpau312956
djpau312956
Las Vegas
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Amanda,

I noticed the following article on the eventective site: http://www.eventective.com/article/Choosing-a-Wedding-Officiant.html

I'm not an expert on this topic and my beliefs are very different than yours. I cannot verify that the information provided is accurate. I'm sure there is a lot more information to consider than what is presented in this brief article, but the article may provide you with some answers to your questions as a starting point.

Best wishes for a successful and happy future.

Ron

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: