Wedding on a BUDGET!!! - Weddings on a Budget - Eventective - Forums

Wedding on a BUDGET!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

trini927305
trini927305
We recently got engaged and are trying to stay away from getting into debt because of a party. We are in Tampa, FL and if anyone has any good suggestions of places that are all inclusive and willing to stay open a little bit later than normal we will appreciate it. Or if you know of any places that we can hold the ceremony and reception we can do the decorating and catering ourselves. We would like to stay between $5000-7000 if it's all inclusive. Any suggestions will be a great help as to how to get started in the planning process...Thanks in advance!
+11

Guest August 15, 2012
I really see this so often "We are on a budget"...All weddings should be on a budget! Some are small and others large. It is only smart to decide how much you will spend and stick to it. It may not be best to go "all inclusive" unless you want all the services they offer. If you pay for something you don't want or could do without, that is not good use of the funds. It is best to create a budget that lays out each area of the wedding and how much you want to allocate for each area. You have to have an officiant and the rest is "icing". You can adjust as needed, too. For example, if you allocated $1000 for a dress and only spent $300, you can put the savings into the honeymoon fund or toward more photography, etc. You need to know what are your priorities.
+6
forst2147765
forst2147765
rhigg2067299 wrote:
I'm struggling here, I've been looking for a venue for 300 guests, for my wedding reception. Planning on getting married September 29, 2018. Looking to keep budget 2000-3000 range with everything included. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if anyone in the BOSTON area (surrounding areas welcome) knows any venues/all inclusive packages within this price range please let me know.

Signed,

concerned bride to be

You are out of your mind! You can't have a wedding for 300 guests on that kind of budget! That's only $6.67 - $10 a person! You can't even feed that many people for that budget much less rent the venue, decorate, and everything else. Cut the guest list to 20 people, get married at the courthouse, and treat everyone to a nice luncheon at a local restaurant.
+3

Guest Atlanta, GA November 3, 2013
I'm in the same boat as you, planning a wedding on a budget in Atlanta, GA!
+2

Guest Indianapolis indiana June 29, 2015
Recently engaged trying to find a reasonable place to have a wedding/reception. A place that allows me to do my own catering and possible do my own alcohol. Getting married next July need help!!!!
+1
DJBeverly
DJBeverly
I think being honest with your vendors and letting them know you are working on a smaller budget should get you some discount favors!
Best of Luck!
+1
n.col1512913
n.col1512913
Hi, me and my Fiancée just got engaged and not looking for a huge wedding but looking for a nice venue. We live in Arlington Tx and only going to have about 100 or less.
+1
grace1581500
grace1581500
Focus on what is really important to you. you can get wedding invitations cheap and use websites and such for rsvp instead of stamps. You can save by not having programs or favors. You can also have you wedding on off times. For example, I had a bride that got married at a location that usually costs $50,000. She spent $15,000 for 75 guests because she got married off season and had a breakfast wedding. Saved so much $!
+1
EclecticEntertainmentDJE
EclecticEntertainmentDJE
Many people it seems are looking for High Quality and/or special rates or discounts. My advice would be to decide WHEN the wedding would be, and maybe have the reception at someone's home. I have DJ'd a wedding reception last August in a cul de sac and it was one of the BEST I have done!
NO rental fees for your own neighborhood, and the entire block can help with the decorating!
As far as DJ's and/or music, you'd want to confer with the local city laws and ordinances. Many places don't allow outdoor music after a certain time, usually 10pm.
Either way, you'd definitely have a LOT more fun going that route if you are terribly strapped with cash!

Good Luck!
+1

Guest Bridal Jewelry November 3, 2013
Bridal jewelry for a special wedding day. Affordable bridal jewelry and years of experience in providing wedding jewelry for you and your bridesmaids.

Bridal Jewelry
+1

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: