Getting Into Event Planning - Corporate Events - Eventective - Forums

Getting Into Event Planning Messages in this topic - RSS

onhig1512156
onhig1512156
*Seasoned/ experienced event planners* - what advice would you give to new event planners or for those who are interested in becoming event planners? How should they get started?
Beachangels2
Beachangels2
A few question to ask your self....Are you doing Event planning because you like Working Hard for someone?, You can handle any problem that comes along without bothering they person you are working for? Can you be on your feet for 12-14 hours of each event? Are you willing to give up every weekend, and days in the week for an event? Are you willing to say Sorry I can not go to that because I have a function, to your family and friends? Do you have time to network network ( no that does not mean just on Facebook, means go to meetings to met other vendors) Do not think you can jump in and charge a lot of money for your hard work.. You have to start small and build up. Working for friends They always want discounts, Are you planning on working a reg job and do Event Planning? You have to have time to send emails talk on phone and meet clients in person.. Do you have time for all that? You have to love what you do... Always remember a Wedding or Event can NOT be a re-do If you mess up...that review can kill your business... Can you stay out of drama, from other vendors? I have had my business for 19 years and at a networking meeting the other night, someone said They have never heard any drama and my name attached. I keep vendor relationships business... I see them at meetings at wedding/Events. but I never go have a drink with any of them. I do not drink at networking meetings... Always keep them respecting you...

It is hard work best part about being a Wedding Planner is that excitement in the Brides eyes when she sees her vision come to life on her wedding day!! and Everyone saying how wonderful everything is. and the Thank yous all evening long. Then the couple doing a great review on you... It is worth so much...Makes my heart excited, and gives me 2nd wind after a 14 hour day....

I wish you very best in your future... Love what you do,, do not do it if you think it is a get rich fast career.
grace1581500
grace1581500
neetwork network network! Its all about who you know and who knows you! That is how you will get your referrals!
+1 link
Occasion02
Occasion02
I would say the best way to become a great event planner is to understand your clients requirements before making suggestions, always have a template of questions for your potential customer.

Read articles on Brides Experiences with event planners. The first 1-3 is always the hardest ones because you always want things to be perfect, that way you will become more valuable in the future when it comes for references.

Depends on what types of events that you would like to do, Weddings, Birthday Parties, Sweet16, Quinceaneras, Corporate Parties, everything revolves around a budget and if you can meet those requirements then you will be their best friend for life.

Meet Vendors like Photographers, Videographers, other event planners(in the same boat as you) Dj's, Venue coordinators, that will be willing to work with you. This way you will gain the experience you need!

Hope that helps

Special Occasion Events INC
+1 link

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: