Welcome to Eventective. These General Terms and Conditions (as amended by Eventective from time to time, the "General Terms") govern your use of www.eventective.com (including all domains and sub-domains thereunder, the "Website") and any services provided or received thereby. The Website provides a searchable listing for (a) businesses ("Providers") to post available event venues and event-related services, (b) event planners ("Planners", and together with Providers, "Participants") to search for, and contact, Providers and (c) Eventective to offer various services to Participants from time to time.
By clicking ['Submit'], you shall be deemed to have accepted these General Terms in their entirety. Read these General Terms carefully since they describe the terms and conditions under which Eventective makes the Website available to you. If you do not accept these General Terms, or if you breach these General Terms, you may not use the Website. In this document, "you" means the person or company using the Website; "Eventective" means Eventective, Inc. and its affiliates. If you are dissatisfied with the Website, its content, or any of these terms, conditions, and policies, your sole legal remedy is to discontinue using the Website.
In addition to those features of the Website that Eventective makes available, free of charge, to users generally, you may also register to use certain additional features ("Eventective Services") that Eventective makes available to registered Participants. As a condition to accessing or using Eventective Services, Eventective may require that you agree to certain additional terms and conditions ("Service Terms"), which Service Terms are hereby incorporated into these General Terms by reference. Eventective may charge you a fee to use Eventective Services.
RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE INFORMATION AND ACCESS
Eventective reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, to monitor your use of the Website, as well the right to remove or refuse to post any information for any reason. You agree that Eventective shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any (a) removal of, or refusal to post, any information from or to the Website or (b) modification, suspension, discontinuation or termination of the Website or your access thereto. Eventective reserves the right to terminate or suspend your access to all or any portion of the Website, without notice, if it believes that your use of the Website may (i) violate applicable law or these General Terms or (ii) harm Eventective's interests or the interests, including intellectual property or other rights, of another person or entity.
CONDUIT FOR INFORMATION; RELEASE
You acknowledge and agree that, although Eventective maintains the Website, Eventective does not (a) control any transactions between you and any other Participant that might result from your use of the Website, (b) have any obligation to review or otherwise evaluate information that Participants post or submit, (c) endorse any Providers or warrant the quality, affordability, legality, utility or safety of any of their venues or services, or (d) warrant the willingness or ability of any Planners to contract, or pay, for venues or services. The Website merely serves as a conduit for information provided by Participants and, accordingly, you shall be solely responsible for any information that you post, or cause to be posted, on the Website. Accordingly, if you have a dispute with one or more Participants, you hereby release Eventective (and its officers, directors, agents, and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute. Links to other websites from the Website are provided solely for your convenience. Eventective does not endorse, and hereby disclaims any representations or warranties regarding, the content of any other websites including without limitation any information, products or services provided through such other websites. If you access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
You may not:
- Post to, or transmit from, the Website any false, misleading, unlawful, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under law;
- Upload materials that, if posted, could infringe any third party's rights, including but not limited to rights in intellectual property, publicity or privacy;
- Upload materials that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works of, or publicly display, any content (except for information that you provide, and then only in the form that you provided it) from the Website, or use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to effectuate the foregoing or to monitor the Website; (b) use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers, or to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activities conducted thereon or (c) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from transmitting or posting on the Website;
- Use the Website to collect information about others, including e-mail addresses; or violate the security features of the Website, such as by (1) accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (2) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures; (3) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, such as by means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing;" (4) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or (5) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting.
LICENSE TO EVENTECTIVE
EVENTECTIVE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
You agree that, except as expressly authorized by Eventective, you shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any use of, or access to, any portion of the Website. You further acknowledge and agree that third parties may own or possess intellectual property rights in content submitted by other Participants. Except as expressly authorized by Eventective, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on, any information contained on the Website, in whole or in part.
You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining (a) access to the Website and paying any third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges) that you incur in connection therewith and (b) all equipment necessary to access to the Website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY BY EVENTECTIVE
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT AND PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERINGS LISTED OR PROVIDED THEREON, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. EVENTECTIVE (A) MAKES THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND (B) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATING TO THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENTS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. EVENTECTIVE MAKES NO WARRANTY (A) THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE OR (B) AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE. ACCORDINGLY, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF YOU DOWNLOAD OR RECEIVE ANY SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION THROUGH USE OF THE WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT, AS BETWEEN YOU AND EVENTECTIVE, YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU INCUR. IN NO EVENT SHALL EVENTECTIVE, ITS LICENSORS, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT AND PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERINGS LISTED OR PROVIDED THEREON, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT EVENTECTIVE IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN AND THAT EVENTECTIVE WOULD NOT PROVIDE, OR PERMIT YOU TO ACCESS, THE WEBSITE ABSENT SUCH LIMITATION.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Eventective, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, affiliates and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your use or misuse of the Website, any violation of these General Terms, or the infringement by you, or any other subscriber or user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
APPLICABLE LAW; VENUE
These General Terms are governed by the substantive laws of the State of Maine, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Eventective, or in any way relating to your use of the Website, resides in the federal or state courts sitting in the State of Maine, and hereby consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction and venue in such courts in connection with any such dispute.
In addition to its rights under applicable law, if Eventective determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached any provision of these General Terms, or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct, Eventective reserves the right to immediately take any or all of the following actions without any notice or warning to you to (i) delete any or all content provided by you, or anyone acting under your member name, to Eventective; (ii) discontinue your registration(s) with Eventective; (iii) discontinue your subscription to any content and/or product or service purchased through the Website; (iv) notify or send content to and/or fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action; or (v) take any other action which Eventective deems to be appropriate. Upon the discontinuation of your ability to access the Website by Eventective, you agree that you shall not attempt to re-register with, or access, the Website or use any Website content or any other product or service provided by Eventective, whether through use of a different member name or otherwise.
DMCA - NOTIFICATION OF POSSIBLE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Eventective will respond expeditiously to any and all notices of copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you have a copyright that you believe has been infringed on by any materials accessible on or from the Eventective website, you may request removal of those materials. Please submit written notification to our Copyright Agent whose information is available below.
In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) ("DMCA"), the written notice (the "DMCA Notice") must include substantially the following:
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interests
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work
- identification of the URL or other specific location on the Service where the material that you claim is infringing is located
- your address, telephone number, and email address
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
legal AT eventective DOT com or mail to:
Attn: Legal Department
10 Plaza Drive
Scarborough, ME 04074
Please note that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Additionally, be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Site is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that the Website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know to be a child under the age of 13.
Terms and Conditions for Venues and Vendors