All Messages By jus_g882715

All Messages By jus_g882715

September 19, 2012
Topic:
12th Annual Scholarship Fundraiser & Gala

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
I was invited by the committee chair to join his committee as the event planner for their 12th Annual Scholarship Fundraiser. The organization is one of San Francisco's pre-eminent peace officer organizations. The organization established this annual scholarship fundraiser so they could offer qualified and deserving high school students within its surrounding communities, the opportunity to have a higher education.

Because the program highlighted various speakers, presentations and performances, we needed a venue that included a performance stage, and a state of the art lighting and sound system. The Galleria, which located in San Francisco’s hip design center, was the perfect choice. This venue also features a custom built in-bar, a spectacular four-story atrium that includes a retractable skylight which opens to the stars, and the capacity to seat up to 300 guests with a dance floor and 400 guests without a dance floor on the 1st floor alone with the option of adding up to 200 additional seating on each upper floor level. There are so many pluses to this unique space - you can do almost anything with it.

“Mardi Gras in November” was the event’s theme. Guests wore Mardi Gras themed attire or After 5 attire with a mask. Mardi Gras favors in the form beads and masks (Party City) were presented to the guests as they arrived, as well as a Souvenir Booklet along with a holiday gift (Too Good Gourmet) as they parted. The venue was appropriately decorated in purple, green and yellow linen (AGS Quality Linens), with Mardi Gras themed decorations (Party City) & Mardi Gras themed balloon centerpieces (Paper Plus in Berkeley, CA). A large Mardi Gras mask donned center of the balcony located above the stage, surrounded by beautiful lighting effects. New Orleans style food (donations provided by: Evergood Fine Foods, Louisiana Cajun Cooking, JJ’s Fish & Chicken, Royal Hawaiian Seafood, etc.) was just the start of setting the tone for the event. “Nawlins” style music (DJ Taz) was also played which set the final tone for the event. Guests enjoyed Mardi Gras music while they “Second Lined” before, during and after the program ended. Although the program portion of the event came to a close, that was not the end of the evening’s events. Guests danced and partied to 1:00 a.m. complimenting the success of the event and acknowledging how much they fully enjoyed the entire evening. To top it off the organization met its monetary goal, which from what I understand, hadn’t been accomplished in a few years.
November 28, 2012
Topic:
BABY SHOWER; NEED A PLACE !

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
In re to locating a venue...

Since I don't live in the area I can only give you a generalized answer which can probably help. Check with your local parks and recreation department. They usually have facilities and recreation centers available to rent. Also check with your local Senior Centers that rent out their facilities or Masonic Halls/Lodges. Lastly, check with your local Chamber of Commerce as well as your Visitors and Conventions Bureau for a listing of halls and venues. You can also search for venues right here on eventective.com. Hope this helps.
November 28, 2012
Topic:
questions to be asked about a wedding reception venue

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
Here is a set of questions you can consider asking. Some of them are already listed above.

Has the location been the site of weddings before?
What type of deposit is required?
When is the final payment due?
What exactly is covered in the cost of the hall?
Are linens, china, chairs, tables, silverware, etc. included in the basic cost?
Is the wait staff included?
Will the bride be charged a gratuity on top of her final total?
Is alcohol allowed?
Can alcohol be brought by the couple? If the couple purchased a special bottle of champagne that they would like to toast with, you need to know if they can bring it into the facility.
Will the couple have to apply for any liquor licenses or is that covered by the reception location?
Set-up and break-down: is this included or is there an additional charge?
Is there a fee if the reception goes over the scheduled allotted time?
Who, from the reception hall, will be working the day of the wedding?
How many weddings have they handled?
Is it cheaper to buy a la carte or to purchase a wedding package?
Compare buffet to sit-down dinner…sit down is usually more cost effective.
If the couple chooses a buffet, can they limit what is served or will the reception location continue to bring out food as long as the guests are eating? (This will greatly affect the cost.)
Does the reception hall allow off-site caterers to be brought in or do they have their own catering staff?
Do they have a preferred list of wedding vendors they allow into their hall?
Can the bride bring in her own vendors?
Will there be any other events on the day of the wedding?
Do they have pictures of previous events?
Do they provide a dance floor?
Is there an additional charge for the dance floor?
Are they equipped for a DJ?
Are they equipped for a band?
Do they provide bartenders? If so, is there an additional charge for them?
Can they provide references?

Just think about the complete layout of you wedding from start to finish. This will help you to ascertain what your needs are and what questions to ask.

You may want to consider hiring a professional wedding planner to ensure you get the best bang for your buck and to ensure you understand and have a solid contract. A PWF will also help take the stress out of the planning process and make it a fun, enjoyable and memorable one.

Hope this helps!
November 28, 2012
Topic:
questions to be asked about a wedding reception venue

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
Those are just some of the basic questions for any reception venue... But be sure to inquire about limitations and restrictions as well.
November 28, 2012
Topic:
Future Brides

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
Congratulations to all of you on your upcoming nuptuals. For the bay area brides... If you live closer to the east bay area and are in need of some assistance from an event planner.... I would love to connect with you. Email me at info @jusgorjus.com.
December 2, 2012
Topic:
Future Brides

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
Congratulations to both you and your fiance. Since both of you are non religious, check out independant priests or licensed individuals that are certified perform wedding ceremonies...he/she may have knowledge or a have listing of venues to host your wedding. Additionally, check with your local parks and recreation department. They usually have facilities and recreation centers available to rent. Also check with your local Senior Centers that rent out their facilities. Veteran Halls and Masonic Halls/Lodges are also a consideration as well as non-denominational churches in your area. Lastly, check with your local Chamber of Commerce as well as your Visitors and Conventions Bureau for a listing venues.

Hope this Helps!
Helga Stewart
JusGorjus.com

alix.wiggs wrote:
I am marrying my high school sweetheart on the 14th of September as well. We are having a very laid-back reception at our apartment clubhouse. However, I am finding it difficult to locate a ceremony venue because both of us are non-religious, want something incredibly inexpensive (we are paying $75 for the clubhouse) and are not fans of the outdoors. I am getting married in northern Indiana in September and would love some suggestions (and love to give advice as well)!
December 2, 2012
Topic:
Future Brides

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
tinagrade wrote:
Hi, my wedding is 04/18/2013. I also have no plan. Headache issue.

Hello Tina

Congratulations! Although planning a wedding can sometimes be stressful, it should also be one of the most joyous occasions in your life. If you still have plans for your ceremony being held 4/18/2013, time is definitely short. I suggest contacting a professional wedding consultant that will be able to help you get the ball rolling. Even if you aren’t interested in hiring a wedding consultant for full, partial or same day wedding services, you can pay for individualized services or maybe just a startup package. It sounds like you definitely need some help though and speaking with a wedding consultant and answering a series of questions could help you visualize your day which is the first step in making your day a Jus Gorjus one…

Hope everything works out for you!

Helga Stewart
Jus Gorjus
"An Affair to Remember"
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510) 859-7370
www.jusgorjus.com

The link above will provide you with a little incite in regards to Jus Gorjus.
However, the website you will review is one that I created for temporary
purposes while working on the actual website. The new website will
have a more professional appearance which speaks to the name Jus Gorjus
and will be up and running by January 1, 2012 or sooner.
December 2, 2012
Topic:
Sweet 16

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
kaykam98001 wrote:
Any one know where I can find reasonable decor for a sock hop in the San Antinio/Austin area

http://m.orientaltrading.com/mt/www.orientaltrading.com/api/search?Ntt=sock+hop&un_jtt_v_page=1

They have sock hop/rock n roll decor. Search for similar party sites as well. Also check out your local party supply stores and maybe perform a Google search for specialized stores in your area.
December 2, 2012
Topic:
Party Room Rental

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
jessconway wrote:
why is it so hard to find an appropriate AND affordable place for a 3 yr old's birthday party??? if you have any ideas in the Dartmouth, Nova Scotia let me know!

Check with your local parks and recreation department. They usually have facilities and recreation centers available to rent. Also check with your local Senior Centers that rent out their facilities or Masonic Halls/Lodges. Lastly, consult with a local event planner that specializes in children's parties...he/she may have some great/unique ideas. Hope this helps.

Helga Stewart

JusGorjus.com
December 2, 2012
Topic:
BABY SHOWER; NEED A PLACE !

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
Guest...

Please see my comment above. HTH
December 2, 2012
Topic:
graduation party

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
connie.wordlaw wrote:
looking for an event space for graduation party to hold 125 people with a dance floor in Charlotte, nc, or Concord NC

Eventective has venue listings as well as a search engine. Also check with your local parks and recreation department. They usually have facilities and recreation centers available to rent. Also check with your local Senior Centers that rent out their facilities or Veterans Hall and Masonic Halls/Lodges. Lastly, check with your local Chamber of Commerce as well as your Visitors and Conventions Bureau for a listing of halls and venues. Also check with a local event planner. He/she will have knowledge of such venue options and costs. HTH

Helga Stewart
JusGorjus.com
December 4, 2012
Topic:
Future Brides

jus_g882715
jus_g882715
blakelomba wrote:
I AM MARRY MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART TRYING TO FINED A IN EXPENSIVE PLACE WHERE WE CAN CATER AND BRING ACHOL AND ARE OWN MUSIC IN THE HALL WE ONLY WANT TO RENT A ROOM AND DO ALL THE REST IN NORWALK CT ANY IDEAS IT IS FOR MAY 18th 2013 so need a place asap so we can prepare all other things

Check with your local parks and recreation department. They usually have facilities and recreation centers available to rent. Also check with your local Senior Centers that rent out their facilities or Masonic Halls/Lodges. Lastly, check with your local Chamber of Commerce as well as your Visitors and Conventions Bureau for a listing of halls and venues. Most places will require liability insurance which you can get from your insurance company and as for the alcohol you may have to get a permit from your local Alcohol Beverage and Control agency. Hope this helps.

Helga Stewart

JusGorjus.com