All Messages By greg183432

All Messages By greg183432

April 22, 2010
Topic:
nj wedding lookin for photographer

greg183432
greg183432
We specialize in weddings on a budget. Take a look at our site and give me a call. I can custom tailor a package to fit your needs.

www.gandkphotography.com
April 26, 2010
Topic:
Website

greg183432
greg183432
First I would recommend an SEO guy to help optimize your site for search engines. Your content doesn't matter much if no one is able to find you. Looking over your site I don't see anything to help you get noticed by google. I don't use wordpress so I don't know what is available to you. My guy may be able to help you. He did a fabulous job getting me to the top of the list in my town. You can contact him at dbrennan@rcn.com. His name is Dennis. Tell him G&K Photography referred you.
May 3, 2010
Topic:
my daughter is getting married in august

greg183432
greg183432
Where are you located I am a photographer in Eastern PA and specialize in budget minded weddings. See my site @ www.gandkphotography.com
May 21, 2010
Topic:
I just started planning my wedding..

greg183432
greg183432
What area are you looking to get married in? Different areas have differnt sites that do best 4 u
May 28, 2010
Topic:
Has anyone gotten Married in Pottstown....

greg183432
greg183432
What a wonderful area. Such nice areas for photos and settings Haven't shot anything there yet but would love to. See my website www.gandkphotography.com
July 7, 2010
Topic:
Halloween Wedding

greg183432
greg183432
Haunted house themed entry way. a haunted house to get into the reception area. Is the weding party dressing traditional or costume? Wedding party dressed in formal attire of horror movies such as he men dressed in Dracula tuxes with capes. or maybe phantom of the opera. These could be removed for formal pictures.Cool
July 11, 2010
Topic:
What do you look for when hiring a Wedding Planner??????

greg183432
greg183432
Since the wedding planner is so involved in all aspects of the wedding you need to be sure you can trust them to plan YOUR wedding, not theirs. When interviewing the planner are they telling you what they can do for you? or are they asking about what you want? Early on ask them what they can do for you. If they start just spouting off places and budgets and colors and everything, then they are not truly helping you to plan they are planning it for you.

If on the other hand they start answering the question by asking you questions and responding in such a way to tailor it to what you want then you may have a winner. Exanple:

You: what kind of day can you plan for me?

Them: When is your day? What is your theme? Do you want an outdoor event?

You: (respond)

Them: There is a nice venue that will accommodate that (whatever) and (why)

That is a winning conversation. ALL your vendors should be picked that way. Don't let the vendor dictate how your day will go. Make sure they are tailoring and creating a day based on the things you want.

Best of Luck & Congratulations!

Greg

G&K Photography
August 9, 2010
Topic:
Pros & Cons of a Sunday Wedding?

greg183432
greg183432
The only issues with Sunday weddings are is your vendor open for business? If they are there shouldn't be a problem. Some issues may be hairdressers and makeup artist. On the other hand since they are not working you may be able to find a hairdresser willing to come to you instead of having to go to them. Florist? It also depends on when your wedding is. If you are getting married in the near future they may be willing to go the extra mile with the economy hurting.

Be very careful of your photographer/ video, DJ and these types of vendors. As Sunday Weddings usually are earlier in the day, you do not want someone that got home at 2 in the morning after a busy day coming to take care of you. These vendors may give you a good price as they think they may be able to book an extra wedding that weekend. Be sure to spell out what they are doing, can do in the contract or if the lowest price is that important you don't care.

Bottom line is Go to your vendors and narrow down the ones you want. Then go to your first choice and discuss it with them. Let them present any options available. If you pick vendors that care about the reputation they will either go the extra mile to preserve their rep or tell you they cannot accommodate you.
August 9, 2010
Topic:
Wedding Guest List Dwendling Very Quickly

greg183432
greg183432
Yes I agree way to early. 2 years you may not be working or in contact with the same workers. Not only that but people don't commit to next month let alone 2 years away. RELAX plan your day with your family. They will be there and be there for you.
August 9, 2010
Topic:
My Daughters Laid Back Wedding On A $500 Budget

greg183432
greg183432
I agree with the last comment. After it is all said and done what do you have? 2 Rings, Memories and Pictures. Wedding Photography is the hardest and most challenging type of photography. Constant Light changes, correct angle, and exposure are important. not only that you said fireworks, that means the party will run late and you MUST have a pro flash to accommodate. A pro would know how to capture and the angles to get the couple with the fireworks in the background.

The correct lens is important and knowing what makes a flattering picture. The camera adds 10 lbs is a myth. The wrong lens adds weight. This includes every lens on a point and shot camera.

I highly recommend reconsidering the uncle photography.
August 10, 2010
Topic:
Future Mother-In-Law

greg183432
greg183432
Keep you chin up. This sounds like my step-mother. This really falls to your fiancé. He needs to step up and deal with her. If he doesn't then tell him you can kiss any relationship with her goodbye. You will eventually snap and that's it, the relationship will be history. He has dealt with her his whole life and needs to use those skills now. If he refuses then exclude her. Do not talk about your wedding around her. When you go shopping do not invite her. When she asks about it blow her off. Tell her someday you'll have time for it. What ever it takes.

Now the part you haven't thought of... Her trying to take over the day of. Make sure all your vendors know she is not to make changes. She is not to pull them away. Particularly your wedding planner and/or photographer. Be up front and make sure they know how to handle this type of person. If the person is knowledgeable in dealing with this type of person they can actually run interference for you and keep her off of you.

If you are getting married in Eastern PA, or New Jersey area give me a call my contracts are specifically with the bride for just this reason. The groom doesn't even have a say unless the bride wants him to. Like I said my step mother is the same way and I have dealt with her for years.

Most importantly this is your day. My wife showed me the flower arrangements that her, her mother and maid of honor discussed and everyone had cascading waterfall bouquets and the maid of honors was a round circle. I kept asking "but what do you want?" listen to advise then make a decision. Don't let anyone bully you into compromise except maybe your fiancé.

www.gandkphotography.com
August 11, 2010
Topic:
Future Mother-In-Law

greg183432
greg183432
well your a little out of my normal area but I would still be willing to discuss it. There would be a travel charge but you may find even with the travel charge my rates to be competitive. Send me and email and we can take a look at if it would be beneficial for the both of us.

greg@gandkphotography.com
August 13, 2010
Topic:
Future Mother-In-Law

greg183432
greg183432
thx for the support studio brides smile
September 16, 2010
Topic:
My Daughters Laid Back Wedding On A $500 Budget

greg183432
greg183432
DrRonShapiro wrote:
Hi Raffisson Studio,

You are correct that you don't want to take photos of people putting food in mouths, etc.

However, I will stand behind my point of view that you cannot be a guest and a photographer at the same event. You can take a few snapshots as a guest... but to be the primary acting photographer and being a guest at the same time just won't work well. At this event it seems likely, given that it is a buffet that there will be multiple things going on at the same time and there probably won't be a continuous break in the action for eating. Thus, there will be continuous opportunities for photos. No time to stop and sit down and eat.

Ron

RaffissonStudio wrote:
"He does not need a table setting (if you have assigned seats) as he should be up and working the entire time."

?????????

You expect the photographer to fast??? Lets see the average wedding I shoot is 8-10 hours and I am not suppose to eat during that time... It is a common courtesy to feed the photographer while I refuse to put it in my contract because I feel it is tacky it is also tacky to not feed the photographer. I do expect to eat during the day. Honestly if I am spending a full day with the bride and groom and I am not suppose to eat then I should expect a 1 hour break so that I may leave, go to a restaurant, eat and come back. Most pro photographers will not take an hour to eat but they are fed something, they usually scarf it down just so they have something in them. Just because you are not a guest and working does not excuse you from eating. You do not have to have a seating for the photographer. I sometimes eat with the DJ or even at the bar in some venues but I do eat.