Wedding Guest List Dwendling Very Quickly Messages in this topic - RSS

Wedding Guest List Dwendling Very Quickly Messages in this topic - RSS

sbarn443751sbarn443751Posts: 190 August 9, 2010
Do to some problems, my guest list is dwendling very quickly. I have invited a few close co-workers who I thought were my friends. My maid of Honor no longer have one. It seems that even though my big wedding is two years away, everyone is already dropping like flies. Now I'm worried that nobody will be at our wedding.ConfusedupsetMad
Guest August 9, 2010
My dear.... if your wedding is 2 years out, you may be stressing a little prematurely. Maybe you simply need to take the que from those around you and sit back, breathe, and RELAX. You have plenty of time, and to be honest, your guests and intended wedding party may be tired of hearing you go on about it. While it is your special day and you have a right to be excited, they may not want to discuss it or be expected to commit to any plans this far out. These problems can be worked out, I am sure, but don't make others feel pressured, or even "bothered" by your special day!
greg183432greg183432Posts: 14 August 9, 2010
Yes I agree way to early. 2 years you may not be working or in contact with the same workers. Not only that but people don't commit to next month let alone 2 years away. RELAX plan your day with your family. They will be there and be there for you.
laketahoeministerlaketahoeministerPosts: 11 August 9, 2010
If I were you, I'd shelve all plans, and wait until it's about 8-9 months away. If you're in an area where you need to make the reservations a year ahead to get the venue, fine. Get the spot you want, and completely CHILL on all other decisions until it's much closer.
PrincessMRoanokePrincessMRoanokePosts: 6 August 9, 2010
sbarnhart1974 wrote:
Do to some problems, my guest list is dwendling very quickly. I have invited a few close co-workers who I thought were my friends. My maid of Honor no longer have one. It seems that even though my big wedding is two years away, everyone is already dropping like flies. Now I'm worried that nobody will be at our wedding.ConfusedupsetMad

Two years away? It is too soon to be inviting. You have a lot of other aspects to consider. I hope that you first started off with a list of all the people you know that you can think of. Then, come up with a primary list and a secondary list of invitees. Consider if you feeding all the wedding guest (meaning are all of your wedding guests going to be guest at your reception). Spend the next year or so doing what i call "collecting and connecting" with family and friends, co-workers, bosses, family friends etc. Collecting addresses for invitations and connecting with peoplet that you think you WANT at your wedding. and just remember, its your day....so long as you are there...that's all that matters! Good Luck and Congratulations!!
BrevardMinisterBrevardMinisterPosts: 157 August 9, 2010
I have to agree with the responses above. Two years is entirely too much time to form any sort of realistic expectations regarding your guest list. It is entirely possible they may not be taking your planning seriously because of the time frame.

I have noticed a surge of leads lately for weddings in 2012, 2013 and yes, even 2014. I will be quite honest and tell you I do not contact brides and grooms planning that far ahead. I realize other vendors may book years in advance, but I will not book more than fourteen months ahead. So I have sympathy for your guests who cannot commit that far in advance.

I would encourage you to enjoy the excitement of your engagement by attending bridal shows, flipping through magazines, surfing the web and doing research to explore what kind of vision you can develop for your wedding. But wait until 9-12 months before your wedding date to begin making the concrete plans necessary to turn that vision into reality. You'll be taken more seriously at that point since people have a better idea what they'll be doing months down the road rather than years.

Best Wishes,
Rev. Ann Fuller
Melbourne, FL

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: