Bwahahaha! Check out the wedding cake! Messages in this topic - RSS

Bwahahaha! Check out the wedding cake! Messages in this topic - RSS

thebo513371
thebo513371
From a baker's point of view: Give the bride what she wants without being judgemental! It is not YOUR day... its her's!
brini502841
brini502841
All I have to say is WOW........

Guest September 27, 2010
IT WAS PROBABLY HER SURPRISED LOOK SHE MAY HAVE WANTED IT HER HUBBIE MAY HAVE SD NO SO SHE MITA NOT EXPECTED IT OTHERWISE SHE WAS PRETTY TAKEN ABACK NO MATTER THE LOOK ON HER FACE I WOULD KISS MY HUBBIE 4 SUMTHN LIKE THAT
frog.531688
frog.531688
Let me just say wow! He really must have thought she would love it! He must really love her TACKY I must say but a sweet centament. I hope my husband to be doesn't try to do something this romantic for me! lol Gotta love men they just try so hard!
heather2011
heather2011
awww, that is so sweet! And a very unique idea!
ercal585
ercal585
Don't blame the bride, blame the person that told her it was a good idea and the friend that should have stopped her. Not everyone is born with good taste. LOL

Guest October 11, 2010
The photo could have been darker than the real woman, too. Which would explain why the colors are off. The design is very tricky to pull off, even for a seasoned cake decorator. I'm actually very impressed with the skill in making the cake. Personally though, I hate the idea of the cake being all about the bride. They could have the cake half the size so the decorator could have made one of the groom too. The way it is, the wedding and reception seems to be all about the bride, and not the bride and groom's new life TOGETHER.

Guest November 2, 2010
myself i like it . i would have been shocked but then he was thinking about me all me me me
frog.531688
frog.531688
Amanda10990 wrote:
Wow, Everyone seems so uptight on this thread, I think it's kind of funny smile Maybe even a bit flattering to the bride.
And to the person above me: You would get a divorce if your husband over a wedding cake? I wonder if you even love him at all. Whaaaaa?
frog.531688
frog.531688
I am with you. He must have really thought she was beautfil and wanted to do something nice for her.
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
I'm sure the intention was good, but I find that these sort of novelties detract from the bride. I did film a wedding where the bride and groom had 12" replicas of themselves at the base of their wedding cake and thought was really cute. Another had cute "bobble" heads of themselves topping the cake, which was quite adorable.

I'd rather do a "strolling live table," whereby a dressed model, made up to look like a character or celebrity wheels in a table filled with pastries or appetizers. This would be the way to go, if you wanted something magical and over the top.

http://www.screamingqueens.com/strolling_tables
godsv558320
godsv558320
If my husband made a cake that looked like me I would still love him and thank God he didn't make a cake of one of his old girl friends or the like. I know that he loves me and I love him and that is what marrige is about, truly loving someone and wanting to spend the REST of your life with them. Honey, I still love you!

Guest November 27, 2010
ummm...is he tryna tell me something?? like, "this wedding is the end of you!" ? haha!! bring it on!!!! Big Grin
vkbog570495
vkbog570495
I saw this episode on the food network channel. The camera actually lies about her reaction here. She told him that she wanted cake that looked like her, so that was his gift to her for the wedding. On the show, she was excited about it.
GreenSapphireBride
GreenSapphireBride
WoW! hahaha! a lil bit creepy having a cake that looks and as big as you Big Grin weeeee!! But If She Likes it? Then that's what matters most! Congratulations!!!
mtmind
mtmind
Everyone is assuming he made it for her. . . WHAT IF SHE MADE IT FOR HERSELF???

Or worse yet, what if the Mother-In-Law made it for her new son-in-law???

Guest April 29, 2011
Um, everyone assuming that he made it for her. She made it for herself. She is actually a talented cake decorator who recently competed on Last Cake Standing on Food Network with her husband has her Sous Chef
MAGEvents
MAGEvents
Bit beyond over the top... she doesn't look very excited about it.

Guest June 21, 2011
wow this is amazing

Guest May 30, 2012
I want That when I get married!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: