Wedding Dresses Messages in this topic - RSS

Wedding Dresses Messages in this topic - RSS

myiandfa2011myiandfa2011Posts: 22 July 10, 2010
Why are dresses online so much cheaper I MEAN A LOT CHEAPER!!
MackieMackiePosts: 30 July 10, 2010
Be very careful. Make sure what you are seeing is exactly what you saw in person. They often have knock-offs online and you would be surprised how a cheap dress can look just like the real thing online. Then you get it and it is subpar! There are good deals, but make sure you have a good return policy and be ready to be disappointed!
myiandfa2011myiandfa2011Posts: 22 July 10, 2010
I have to try mine on but I was wondering.Thanks for the tip.
sbarn443751sbarn443751Posts: 190 July 12, 2010
There are so many articles online about buying a wedding dress. Why it is never a good idea to buy one on-line. The best thing to do is go to a bridal store that you trust and they will help you pick out the right dress for the right venue.
myiandfa2011myiandfa2011Posts: 22 July 13, 2010
I think I will do that hell it will save me about a thousand dollars. Thanks
kit6319kit6319Posts: 1 July 14, 2010
I believed I'm a brave bride to be, cause I have brought my wedding gown ONLINE~~ I may be a luck one, I've got what I saw, my gown is exactly the same with the pics, i love it very much and it really worth more than it's price!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/photo.php?pid=318325&id=118432914848775
domin475186domin475186Posts: 2 July 14, 2010
i was looking online as well...if you know your measurements etc...then i dont see a problem wiith it.
CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 July 14, 2010
Be sure to check what kind of fabric the dress is made of. often times, the dress appears beautiful on the model, and keep in mind that there is lighting and staging for the dresses. call the vendor and tell them the styles you are interested, the kind of fabric being used, where the fabric is made. you can always go to a fabric store and ask to see samples of these kinds of fabrics. also be sure that if you don't like your dress, you can get a credit or refund. be sure to order way ahead of your wedding date. if you don't like the dress, you won't be stuck for something at the last minute. you would be better looking for a designer name, and if they sell specific designers in their line, then it is usually okay (though the styles may be from a season or two prior).

the best best is to wait till your bridal shops have a sale on their dresses. many may be "off the rack" and you will have to pay for alterations, but at least you know what you are getting and you won't be shocked.
myiandfa2011myiandfa2011Posts: 22 July 15, 2010
well I was Knew to my area but today I found a shop that has beautiful dresses and I am not looking for cheap don't get me wrong I am just looking for that dress that makes me say WOW..Thank you for the input everyone.
info180485info180485Posts: 14 July 15, 2010
@myiandfa2011 - I will agree with the fact that the dresses are much cheaper online.
As someone else mentioned, order in advance and make sure you have a phone number, physical address of the company/seller and a written document outlining the return policy in plain English!
Purchase with a major credit card as most with gold, & premiere status will cover your expenses if the product is defective. They in turn will take the steps to get their money back.
I advise many of my clients to get a major credit card to reserve/book/purchase items for their events for the sole purpose. Be sure to pay the bill immediately or purchase only the amount you know you can repay before the billing cycle is up.
SuppliesSuppliesPosts: 5 July 15, 2010
Hello, We have a website at weddingsuppliesunlimited.com and we sell wedding gowns at very reasonable prices because we have no middle man so we can pass the savings to our customers. Check out our site and click on New Wedding Gowns and that will bring you to our wedding gown website. If you have any questions let us know at 401-692-2500.
myiandfa2011myiandfa2011Posts: 22 July 16, 2010
They have everything thank you so much.Supplies wrote:
Hello, We have a website at weddingsuppliesunlimited.com and we sell wedding gowns at very reasonable prices because we have no middle man so we can pass the savings to our customers. Check out our site and click on New Wedding Gowns and that will bring you to our wedding gown website. If you have any questions let us know at 401-692-2500.
betha493720betha493720Posts: 1 August 9, 2010
Hello brides. I dont see anything wrong with getting your dress online and yes they are alot cheaper.I found my dress in a store and then I was online with one of my bridesmaid and we found the same dress for hundreds of dollars cheaper.
Guest August 17, 2010
actually friends in the online websites there is a lots of products of wedding dresses because they have a large market to sale, they sale almost every part the world,this is the one of the reason that the online wedding dresses are good quality and cheaper and i also know one website in which you can get new desings of weddings dressers you visit flowergirldressforless.com.
holni505269holni505269Posts: 3 September 10, 2010
What about colored wedding dresses. I always see white, cream, off white, champagne dresses. Is it taboo to have a colored dress???
eliza494981eliza494981Posts: 3 September 10, 2010
I purchased a dress online and when it arrived needed to have it altered. Unfortunately, the way the dress was made it ended up costing me double the amount of the dress to alter it. If you purchase online, be smarter than me and look for sites with positive tesitmonials and a good return policy
Britney2010Britney2010Posts: 2 September 19, 2010
i feel sad about your expereince ebsdigipix,but as you know five fingers are not equal i think if you visit flowergirldressforless.com they have lots of varieties of wedding dresses and they offers in a very cheap prices, they offers free consultancy about wedding dresses so Freinds i suggest you to visit once flowergirldressforless.com i hope you have a good experience with that store.
MinaDesignandTailoringMinaDesignandTailoringPosts: 1 December 5, 2010
It's just too risky to shop on line for wedding dress, the most important part of any wedding. They normally use the original picture of the model to sell the dress, but the material and work quality is never the same. Some don't even meet the minimum standard and that makes the alterations extremely difficult. You end up paying more.
jonathan2340jonathan2340Posts: 1 September 12, 2012
Hello everyone. My name is jon athan. I am from California, city, USA. I am a new member in this forum. I am a fashion designer as well as professional fashion adviser for http://www.leatherorbit.com/
carla942153carla942153Posts: 1 September 13, 2012
Just get one that looks good on you and makes you Its the prettiest dress ever. Its your day ,after all.
Guest September 14, 2012
I sell dresses on ebay all the time first try on dresses at a store to determine the style best suited for you and to get an idea on size. Formalwear runs smaller than street clothes. Then go online and research the dress. A corset closure is always helpful for it can fit a variance of sizes and also allow for less alteration. Make sure every description is read very well. Do not buy handmade or from china buy a dress with designer name. You can get a dress for at least $1,000 cheaper or more than in a store.
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 September 22, 2012
Avoid buying them unless they have a guarantee. The fabrics are cheaper and very often do not match the style you are desiring. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Do a search in your area for "trunk shows" when original designers sell their older styles for up to 75% off.
JannyJannyPosts: 8 October 18, 2012
I think they don't have quality materials.I prefer you instead of buying online buy it from some good shop.
tinagradetinagradePosts: 2 October 24, 2012
Yes, buying wedding dress online is adventurous
maineweddingvideosmaineweddingvideosPosts: 2 October 31, 2012
Find a Bridal Dress Maker in your area. There are Seamstress who specialize in affordable work for brides.
amandascott51amandascott51Posts: 5 November 5, 2012
myiandfa2011 wrote:
Why are dresses online so much cheaper I MEAN A LOT CHEAPER!!

Internet is a good way to buy dresses online. However, Isuggest Wki Bridal since they carry a number of wedding dresses. It is a lot cheaper and quality is good.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: