What are ideas for entertainment for a company picnic? - Corporate Events - Eventective - Forums

What are ideas for entertainment for a company picnic? Messages in this topic - RSS

tdofmtdukm
tdofmtdukm
I'm a Motown singer/entertainer; perhaps I can offer my services. We'll have a great time at the event. Email me directly to discuss it: thedukeofmotown@live.com

Talk to you soon,

The Duke of Motown
adven391953
adven391953
DrRonShapiro wrote:
Is it a family picnic or an employee's only picnic?

Is this a year in which you want to be having a grand celebration or is it a year to have a great time but on a lower budget?

Ron
jarde366325
jarde366325
Please visit www.johnardenmusic.com
Live music such as a dueling pianos show, an acoustic band, or sing along with one man band are all great options we can provide.

John
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
The Activity Page

Hi,

About eight to ten years ago a Graduate Student by the name of Christian Itin (now, I believe, a Professor at Humboldt State University in Redding, California) assembled a list of activities on what he called the Activity Page. The work started at the University of Denver and then migrated to Geocities. When Geocities was eliminated this work was archived. It took me a few days to find the URL to the archive, but I think some of the activities may be helpful to you.

Guest March 17, 2010
Find a caterer that has a wood fired pizza oven on a trailer. The pizza is unbelievable and everyone loves pizza.

Guest March 16, 2010
Different games to build team cooperation, plus I would suggest a DJ that has the understanding of what games the company can play to generate friendly competition. If family members are invited a few games that can be played as a family unit or team.
sacke385154
sacke385154
My company used to have an inflatable obsticle course, volley ball, softball, a dunk tank to dunk the higher ups and we donated the money to charity, also an ice cream truck came and it was free, and a Dj with karoke. All the excutives manned the huge grill they rented....
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Getting To Know Each Other

One purpose of a family company event (outside of having a great time at the event itself) is to encourage the attendees to get to know each other. A listing of a few very low budget "getting to know you type activities" which I have led at both corporate events such as bring your child to work day and community based events follows. All have been extremely well received.
  • Networking Bingo. Make a game card for every attendee by drawing lines dividing an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper into one inch squares. Fill each square with a descriptor for each attendee such as: in fifth grade, plays golf, likes to cook Italian food, won an award in 2009, starred in school play, worked all night yesterday. Make copies for each attendee. Give attendees a game card and marker as they arrive. Objective for each attendee is to fill the card by getting a person who matches the descriptor to sign a square or two on the card. Maximum two signatures per person per card. Also, need to get contact information (such as name legibly printed and an email address ...or parent's email address) printed on the back for each person signing. Everyone is a winner as small prizes are awarded to everyone filling their cards. Champions are the youngest 5 people to fill their cards (without parent help.)
  • That's My Mom/Dad. Bring group of four to five parents with their kids on stage. Blindfold all of the kids. Kids need to identify their parent based upon asking job related Yes/No questions of the parents. (Parents hold up a Yes/No sign and a moderator announces the answers.) Also, do a round in which the kids need to identify their parents based upon shaking hands.
  • That's My Son/Daughter. Similar to That's My Mom/Dad, except this time the parents attempt to identify their kids based upon school related events and/or handshakes.
  • Championship Networking. Bring the champion Networkers from Networking Bingo on stage. Blindfold them. Ask them to name and describe as many people as they can. Person naming and correctly describing the most people wins.

Guest March 15, 2010
It's for employees and their family. We don't want a "grand celebration", just a great time on a moderate budget.
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Is it a family picnic or an employee's only picnic?

Is this a year in which you want to be having a grand celebration or is it a year to have a great time but on a lower budget?

Ron
djpau312956
djpau312956
First I would make sure you have enough volunteers so that everyone will have fun..If the picnic serves alcohol, have Kareoke. Have a clown pasing out balloons and face painting, have someone organize softball, vollyball, or kickball
sandyl
sandyl
Have you considered renting bikes or kayaks if you are near water? You could hire a band for a concert? Or do karaoke. Try to get everyone involved!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: