Our Budget Ran Away!!!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

Our Budget Ran Away!!!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

Bellaray3
Bellaray3
OK, up until now we've been planning a wedding with basicly unlimmited budget. However now his parents have decided not to help at all because they don't agree with what we want. So I need some ideas on what to do. We don't have much money as it is. We're going to do the whole thing in my grandmothers feild and I'm making my own dress(witch still cost $300.00). I've wanted a Alice in Wonderland wedding for as long as I can remember.. Please Help!!!
landmark2010
landmark2010
Hi Bellaray3,

where are you located?
landmark2010
landmark2010
Send us an email and we can assist you with your request. events@landmarkeventdesigners.com
Bellaray3
Bellaray3
I'm in Norman, OK
mbranch
mbranch
have you tried compromising? Usually parents just need a "little" of what they want.. smile maybe include his mom in the process. She may enjoy it!
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
Dear Our budget ran away:
You are right -- this theme is not popular with the adults. My only recommendation is to have a traditional ceremony early in the day, say around 11-12Noon. Perhaps they can pay for your traditional clothing, church flowers, minister, and a nice 3-piece classical musicians consisting of violin, harp and piano to play the march. You can order traditional white or ecru wedding invitations for the ceremony and perhaps there is space in the church for "cocktails" i.e., finger sandwiches, coffee, tea, mimosas, and two or three hot dishes set up as buffet. This way, the parents will be happy and you will have all of your traditional fixings for them and have a nice atmosphere for photos.
Now, as far as the Alice in Wonderland theme, you should get, on your own, an appropriate costume and plan the reception as a fun, casual costume optional party for the guests in the field. Do a dessert and appetizer party complete with a variety of teas, crumpets, scones, a chocolate fountain, small variety of cupcakes and miniture cheese cakes and some passed hot appetizers with a good choice of three different wines you buy by the case, and three varieties of beer. You can set up a table for this and have decorated metal bins with ice. You can cut a small wedding cake for those appropriate photos, have a dj with dancing. I would do this in the later afternoon around 3pm to about 6PM. People can go out later to dinner on their own if they wish, but a nice "sweet" reception on a budget can be fun. Be sure to have fun props like magic wands, silly hats, and noisemakers. Here are some links to help you and give you some ideas--some of which you can make yourself. Good luck and send me an email if you need other ideas. I do work as a bridal consultant and will give a free first-call consultation.
Take care, and have fun with this--this is after all your day and you should enjoy it to the fullest!
Lise' at liseramos.com
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
My budget ran away as well. I bought my first wedding dress, it got ruined so I had to turn around and buy another on. My $5,000 wedding ran with my $5,000 honeymoon! Now what do I do?! I am ready to freak out!
Hkemp143243
Hkemp143243
If you want an alice in wonderland theme it can be done, I used to live in OKC and I know the area where are you having your wedding? If nowhere I may know of a placee. But it also depends on your budget
Hkemp143243
Hkemp143243
you can email me @ hkemps87@gmail.com if you want details
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
I am actually doing a beach theme wedding. One problem I have with the venue is there is no water! Just gardens. I live in Cortland,NY not much happens here. Just a small college town that goes insane with the college kids in town.
agillum5
agillum5
Anything can be created for the theme of your wedding as long as you have the "financial investment" for it, "I think that just makes it sound so much better, don't you?" smile Depending on the venue you have chosen and the space it provides, you could bring water structure to you, there are truly so many amazing things that coordinators/designers can help you with! I would be more than happy to give you more advice, email me anytime at: ag_wedding_planner@yahoo.com take care and good luck with everything. Aimee Gillum

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: