Wedding vastly approaching, need help!!!!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

Wedding vastly approaching, need help!!!!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

kmwal423815
kmwal423815
I am in the Alpena, MI area and my wedding is planned for September 18, 2010, we have a very tight budget and really want to do something simple but nice, any ideas? I really need help!
landmarkevents2010
landmarkevents2010
Best suggestion, contact a wedding planner/coordinator in your area.
kmwal423815
kmwal423815
I tried that, they are all too expensive.
landmark2010
landmark2010
you can email us at events@landmarkeventdesigners.com and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Guest April 29, 2010
I am not in your area, but would be willing to do all of your coordination until, and possibly fly in for day of set up and follow through... Contact Katherine from Paisley Events at katherine@paisleyeventsct.com

As a relatively new event and wedding planning company, we offer very affordable rates and would be more than happy to set up a consultation at your earliest convenience.
AHEntertainment
AHEntertainment
There's nothing wrong with a backyard wedding.
kmwal423815
kmwal423815
I was also thinking of that, but then especially in this area you never know what the weather will bring.
bridalaffairs
bridalaffairs
Check on the closest Firehall, Moose lodge, or elks lodge or community center. Or depending on if you have one and the size a garage can be turned into a beautiful wedding/reception place. I am not familiar with the area but willing to give any advise I can. You can email me at rhonda.sayen@bridalaffairsoftheheart.com
djslimeez
djslimeez
Afterhours is right. Backyard weddings can be very elegant. Statistics prove that guests are most likely to remember your entertainment rather than the place you held your reception. DJ can make or break your event. If you need any help please contact me. I will be more than happy to GIVE you any feedback you need. djslimeez@live.com

Guest May 3, 2010
just as long as the backyard isn't cheap looking or dreary. Noone wants to be walking around in new shoes with mud and muck sticking to them....
lhazell
lhazell
If you plan for a backyard wedding please be certain to have an alternate plan in case of bad weather.

Guest May 3, 2010
Have you already planned your bachlorette party? I do in-home parties and YOU get free stuff just for hosting one. One of the things I do for the soon-to-be bride is collect money from the guests to get you more free stuff too!

Guest May 4, 2010
Start watching some of the wedding shows such as David Tutera's my fair wedding. You can also apply to be on the show. While reading the comments (I am a total cheapskate) I am wondering why people don't buy flowers at Home Depot or other such place to use on their tables then plant them afterward. You would save a ton of money on floral and then have the flowers to remember. Also research any banquet rooms. My parents did theirs in a banquet room in a bowling alley. It worked. Make a fancy fake cake out of the styrofoam cubes with a layer of cake on top to cut into, then make regular cakes to actually serve that aren't all fancy and 500 bucks.
kustom
kustom
I am here to help you, not only do I make Kustom Wedding Invitations, but I also threw my Wedding in my backyard and only spent 3,000 for everything. If I can help you with the Invitations (they range from .35 to 7.50 per Invitation) or you want to talk about deals and where you can get the best ones lets me know. custominvitations@comcast.net
Bellaray3
Bellaray3
projectwedding.com and do-it-yourself-weddings.com ... great cheap ideas I found a bunch I liked and just canged them a bit to fit my style..
FlavorYourFavors
FlavorYourFavors
I would research the internet for cheep wedding ideas.
DesertLightWeddings
DesertLightWeddings
Hi. Great advice here. You can go to a craft store and make your centerpieces, a place like Costco (warehouse in case not in your area) for flowers and if you still need them invitations. If you do not want to do your backyard, go to a park. Here in Arizona you can get one for just a deposit. If a small wedding, your guests will be fine standing while you do the ceremony (just at one outdoors in Sedona back by a creek). A nice dinner or even a barbeque for your reception works too or just do cake and drinks. Your guests are there for your wedding and not the food . You can find your dress at a site like this http://www.recycledbride.com/ or check Craigslist or something like that. If you feel a planner is out of the question for your actual day, do a time line and then ask a family member or friend not directly involved in the ceremony to manage it for you. It will help. You can email me if you need some advice (no charge) contact@desertlightweddings.com

Congratulations!

Robbie
Desert Light Weddings
SHAWKES
SHAWKES
kmwalmsley wrote:
I am in the Alpena, MI area and my wedding is planned for September 18, 2010, we have a very tight budget and really want to do something simple but nice, any ideas? I really need help!

I would be willing to help you www.livewire99.com. Check it out and fill out a form, then let's schedule a time to speak. No worries.
ensig429595
ensig429595
Hi! My name is Noelle from En-Sight...An Event Planning Firm and after reading your post! I know that I will be able to help you plan your dream wedding on a budget! Contact me at ensight4u@gmail.com. Make sure to check out my website at www.en-sight.org
Talk to you soon! Noelle
kmwalmsley wrote:
AJMorrisPhotography
AJMorrisPhotography
I am a photographer in North Carolina. I actually grew up in Michigan and I went to college up there for photography. If you would like to visit my website check out my wedding packages and view my pictures. If you don't like a package, just let me know and I am willing to work something out.

Thank You,
Ashley Morris
AJ Morris Photography, North Carolina
ajmphotos@hotmail.com
www.ajmphotos.net
Violet835
Violet835
You can also try to look for wedding favors and supplies from www.allforyourwedding.com. They give big discounts and offer Free Wedding Guide Ebook Download, too.
mrsca439615
mrsca439615
Send me a list of your favorite hobbies...what are you both passionate about...what are your favorite colors...what is your style...do you already have some ideas or none at all? send me as much info as possible and my daughter and i will come up with a few ideas for you...there is a catch...i will give you ideas for free if you support a charity with a basket for donations at your bachelorette paty or reception...send info to mrscaptainlucas@aol.com kmwalmsley wrote:

Guest May 22, 2010
Wow. I am planning a wedding for August and just started two weeks ago and also on a tight budget. My advice ignore majority of these posts that are looking for your business. Find a date you want. A venue you like (if outdoors rent a shelter). Forget all the little details, just start making desicions, concentrate on the ceremony... that's the important part. Don't look for the perfect solution, just look for a solution you will like.
People are disappointed with wedding because they expect too much. Just have a general idea of what you want and then make some decisions. Good way to cut costs, i-pod instead of dj. Shorten the guest list, find talented friends who can do some things (photos, flowers, cake...) Make decisions and forget about the little details
CCPhotography
CCPhotography
I LIKE THIS POST. SHE IS RIGHT. YOU CAN HAVE A SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT WEDDING WITH OUT THE STRESS. FIND A LOCATION IMPORTANT TO YOU AND YOUR FIANCE AND GET MARRIED smile. DRESS, RIBBONS, FLOWERS, CHAIRS, AND FOOD ARE WHAT MAKE THE PARTY. BEST OF WISHES TO YOU.
DesertLightWeddings
DesertLightWeddings
The posts on keeping it simple are right. Stay within what you can afford. Your guests are there to celebrate your wedding & I know for me the food, music all of that are not the important part. Do what you can. Make it what you want. You can go to a place like www.costco.com and order flower, invitations etc. that are great quality and reasonably priced. The center pieces can be made with a little creative thinking and a craft store nearby. Don't tax your budget, you want to enjoy this day!
imtwe444419
imtwe444419
Nobody said you cant have a nice wedding on a budget. As far as dresses go, David's Bridal has great prices. Have you thought about making your own invitations. Michael's has great invitation kits. If you don't want to do "family backyard", city & neighborhood parks are very cost effective. I miss the midwest. An outdoor wedding with the fall colors would be beautiful. search the internet but dont use the word "cheap" in your searches, use inexpensive.
metoo445675
metoo445675
the only real thing that sucks about back yard weddings is that they cost tooo much. think about it you have your dj cost of chairs tablecloths plates chair covers flowers then lighting thats 500 alone by itself then photographer and videographer the best way to go is just to have a church wedding then throw a small family get together party it saves so much on rentals if your on a budget my weddings in august its goin to be hot your wedding is in september just go simple as can be dont go out and buy thrivilous stuff thats were most of your money goes get married in a church or at the court house save your money for the real fun YOUR HONEYMOON thats were the big bucks need to go try to go as simple as can be it will pay off in the long run..
metoo445675
metoo445675
im wedding planning searching and i had came across this i like what everyones saying but keep it simple and i would like to know in home bachlorette party planners give me message and information!!
shama432684
shama432684
I am not in your area, but would be willing to do all of your coordination until, and possibly fly in for day of set up and follow through I would work with your budget and beat the prices that you have been quoted... Contact shamane grant @ amdhweddingsevents.com

kmwalmsley wrote:
mag_m449521
mag_m449521
You can learn to DIY pretty much anything on youtube. I made all my own ribbion roses, and bows. Made a fake cake and decorated it myself, I'll be serving cupcakes anyway. We save $500-$700 by not doing cake! But the feel and the visual will still be there. My invitations are pro, but my save the dates are DIY. Our centerpieces are simple and elegant, at $25 each. Linen rental and all the set up and tear down are included in our hall rental, so it's close to having a planner. EBAY is my best friend for DIY, but be sure to get thing that ship free of charge, or cheap.
banjl449923
banjl449923
anybody know of cheap INDOOR venues in austin texas?
mslac450762
mslac450762
I am also getting married on September 18, 2010 and on a very tight budget. Not to mention the wedding is in fort lauderdale, an area that I am not familiar with, so I need and appreciate all the help that I can get. please email me at mslacour@yahoo.com. Thanks, and Congrats!!!!
msron452285
msron452285
Hi I am a party planner and have coordianted weddings and sweet 16 events. I am very reasonable and know how to work with budgets to give you a spectacular wedding. I can be reached at msronibox20@yahoo.com
msron452285
msron452285
metoo_angel69 wrote:
im wedding planning searching and i had came across this i like what everyones saying but keep it simple and i would like to know in home bachlorette party planners give me message and information!!
msron452285
msron452285
Hi I can give you some great tips based on theme and location for your bachlorette party, can be reached at msronibox20@yahoo.com
quail381647
quail381647
I too am gettin married on sept. 18th 2010, and budget watching too, I am having an out door cermerony by a creek, using wood rounds spaced apart going down both sides of my isle with baskets of flowers sitting on top and draping tulle or something of that sort to connect them, I am making a cake stand made from a slab of wood also, you can see it at diy, type in rustic cake stand, it's very simple a sheap and looks adorable perfect for an outside wedding mine is in the woods so it is perfect. Best of luck and congrats
ellie449404
ellie449404
It depends look at halls that are not listed in the magazine and just google halls in your area, it might even take a drive around your area sometimes thats where you find the cheapest but nice halls that comes with everything so one place to pay simply and nice also
anjie270975
anjie270975
kmwalmsley wrote:

Give me a call (813) 473-1146 and I will be happy to give you some great ideas. You can have a professional at a budget price. I have been in this business for over 15 years and I know how to make it happen, With Christ all things are possible.
blessoccasions@yahoo.com
agillum5
agillum5
Hi, sure we can help you! Give us a call at 316.371.9425, we travel all over the US and internationally and travel is always complimentary, our website is www.divalityevents.com, ask for Aimee Take care and I will speak to you soon.
weddi461006
weddi461006
i would try to find someone that will let you throw i at their house. which has a nice bakckyard and things like that and find a love one to help plan your wedding. im that love one for an aunt.
kmwalmsley wrote:
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
Are you having a theme for your wedding? Simple is do it yourself bouquets.
kimmiem
kimmiem
First congratulations on your engagement, second, I have to applaud one of the posters who noted that many are promoting their business and not answering the question. Keep a couple of things in mind even though you have a tight budget. Location location location: Having a wedding at home costs MORE than having it somewhere else. Many municipal parks have rental facilities and even outdoor areas for ceremonies - the rental fees vary from park to park, but generally they are from $50 to $2500. Food and beverage while it seems like its highly overrated, its not. There is nothing that says you can't have a reception with cake and punch or light hors de'ouerves, cake and champagne. Favors can be simple things: Fans, chocolate, candles - all can be done for less than $5.00 per person. Decor: less is more - have one fabulous ceremony floral decor, your bouquet, his boutonniere, corsages for the mothers and single flowers for your bridesmaid/maid of honor, use greenery where possible (check out plants at Lowe's, Home Depot, IKEA!). Last but not least, invitations are the key to making it look elegant. DIY projects are great, but if you aren't skilled, it will show - trust me. Carlson Craft is the best at making invites for all budgets and their delivery time is awesome. Need more info, contact me.

Guest June 25, 2010
I am more than happy to help you! Take a look at my site: www.divalityevents.com. And then give me a call and I can help u with all your troubles no problem! Take care and talk to u soon!

Guest June 30, 2010
my yard turnd into mud three days befor my wedding on july thried and i do not know what to do please any can u help me with what to do
krist387480
krist387480
Check with your state parks they are usually willing to work with just about any budget
agillum5
agillum5
If you are still needing help, give me a call so that i can help you get everything in order and help you become stress free......Aimee Gillum owner of DIVAlity EVENTS 316.440.6083 Take care and I look forward to talking to you soon.
IdealIDos
IdealIDos
September in Michigan is delightful! Go outside! Rent a pavillion at a park and hire a caterer to do a bar-b-que. You don't need a church/formal wedding -everyone will love it! Good luck!

Jennifer Werby, Ideal I Do's www.idealidos.com

Guest July 15, 2010
Hello, we have a website that can help at weddingsuppliesunlimited.com we sell favors, invitations and much more all at discount price.
wthurow
wthurow
Casual weddings are “IN”. This year I have done more informal weddings than formal. It's enjoyable because there is less stress.

The object is for everyone to be comfortable and enjoy the day. The bride and groom are dressed up, but not formal. The guests are expected to arrive in dressy but casual attire. The buffet is finger foods, drinks are ice cold and the music is fun. Guests enjoy the wedding because they’re much more relaxed. These are typically outdoor ceremonies, but that’s not the rule.

I have photos and links of places where I've done wedding ceremonies on my website at http://www.oursimpleceremony.com/Venue.html

Best wishes!
Wendy at Our Simple Ceremony
Florida
MajesticDesigns
MajesticDesigns
I want to applaud the guest who commented on wedding professionals who just want business. That is and is not true. Some of us are on here to help and if we gain your trust and can serve you in the process, why not?

That said, I was going to suggest looking into local parks which usually have an enclosed facility for rent. It is usually inexpensive. Also, the local library, a museum, universities (and with universities, sometimes, students need experience and will cut you a significant deal for various portions of our wedding), and check for venues that are just opening up. Maybe someone will be willing to work with you to get their name out to the public and advertise. Yes you can DIY most of the items in your wedding, but if you do not know what you are doing, it WILL show as kimmiem stated and you'll wind up spending more money in the end.

That said, if I may be of service to you for advice or designing items for your wedding, please feel free to contact me. I do not mind helping and I ship nationwide.

Christel
Majestic Designs
www.majesticdesigns.net
christel@majesticdesigns.net

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: