Frustrated Messages in this topic - RSS

Frustrated Messages in this topic - RSS

TemptationsTemptationsPosts: 4 April 28, 2010
I love the entire concept of Eventective's business. I purchased an add, enhanced my program. yet after almost a year, I have had not one response from the contacts I have been given when purchasing a lead. The web site is great, the format and information is great, yet I am very confused that we do not even get an email response.

Wondering if any other vendors have experienced this. As for my company I have been in business since 1987, have a very comprehensive web site, and have voted #1 Caterer by our regions most prestigious business publications for the past 2 years.

Any advice gladly accepted.

Chef Warren Berman
tfreedxxxtfreedxxxModeratorPosts: 16 April 29, 2010
Internet lead purchases are a numbers game and there is often a high non-response rate. Eventective’s generous refund policy takes the risk out of lead purchases that end up being a non-response or are invalid by replacing the money in a credit in your Eventective account. We recommend using your Eventective inbox to respond directly to planners to avoid the emails getting lost in their email spam folders. As an advertiser you can also upload a YouTube video to your listing that showcases your business and add “specials” to let planners know about promotions, discounts and other offers. You can read more useful information about lead buying and some success stories from our clients here. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 207-253-1653 or email us at info@eventective.com with any questions.
NeotericExpressionsNeotericExpressionsPosts: 41 April 30, 2010
I believe, and truth be told, that Eventective's front page layout is geared toward venues, hence the high number of notes from planners that they are looking for venues with etc etc etc as options, and very little detail provided on other services that were "checkmarked" on their inquiry form. For other services needed, we are simply check boxes or not as highly visible on the lead gen form to them.

This contributes directly to the reason why 4.5 out of 5 posts are directly related to venue searches. Thus, if you're any other kind of business, you're a side thought and less likely to be replied to, which is further proven as you browse through Eventective's site. Sure there are other categories planners can choose from and search within, but just look at the front page and subsequent interior pages - two categories at the forefront "venues" and "event spaces" (SAME THING), not to mention the drop down box is already pre-selected for "wedding venues" with Party Locations, Banquet Halls, Restaurants, Inns and the like the very next few choices. Secondary pages feature venues again as the top category of interest, not to mention their featured partners are mostly venues. Thus, planners are inundated with information about venues.

So if you're any other kind of vendor, you may want to go elsewhere for more exposure from a site who shows unbiased direction, or take full advantage of Eventective's credit system for unsuccessful leads. Otherwise, be prepared to kick down the door for your business with a heavier boot than you would have to use with any other wedding vendor site.
tfreedxxxtfreedxxxModeratorPosts: 16 April 30, 2010
Eventective does well with venues, which means we are getting our planners very early in the planning process, putting our clients in the lead of the estimated $2.1 billion in monthly spending our planners generate.

We have many clients, such as caterers, photographers and DJ’s, who have successfully booked business from Eventective leads. You can read their testimonials and success stories here.

The lead form that a planner completes has more details for each vendor such as budget, service type (i.e. types of music, types of entertainment, types of food), duration needed and special requests. These details are geared towards delivering specific event details just for that vendor type.

Eventective also provides preferences for each vendor type so that you can tailor the leads to your business and receive only those leads that match specific criteria. To learn more about setting your preferences, read these tips.
TemptationsTemptationsPosts: 4 May 1, 2010
Thank you very much for the insights, much appreciated.
TemptationsTemptationsPosts: 4 May 1, 2010
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. What you says makes sense, and I will need to re-evaluate. Thanks again
janpotterjanpotterPosts: 1 May 7, 2010
I am a venue and i find the budgets to be so unrealistic. I find that I eliminate considering so many of the leads because of this.
tfreedxxxtfreedxxxModeratorPosts: 16 May 11, 2010
Because many planners are in the beginning stages of planning their events, they may have unrealistic budgets since they have never planned this type of event before and do not know what to expect in terms of cost. This is a good opportunity for you to help educate planners, show them why they should choose your services and justify the value of your services. Eventective is also looking at additional things we can implement to assist planners with the budget planning process.
TemptationsTemptationsPosts: 4 May 11, 2010
I agree. After 27 years in this business, for some reason, people thiunk that food is free, and all the amenities that go with them should be included. They have no concept of how truly low are margins are, and how high the overheads can be. I think developing some kind of educational tool for consumers, would make our jobs less frustrating to deal with, and give us more high quality clients
event451316event451316Posts: 1 June 9, 2010
Temptations wrote:
I love the entire concept of Eventective's business. I purchased an add, enhanced my program. yet after almost a year, I have had not one response from the contacts I have been given when purchasing a lead. The web site is great, the format and information is great, yet I am very confused that we do not even get an email response.

Wondering if any other vendors have experienced this. As for my company I have been in business since 1987, have a very comprehensive web site, and have voted #1 Caterer by our regions most prestigious business publications for the past 2 years.

Any advice gladly accepted.

Chef Warren Berman

Hey Chef!!
I am trying to start an event planning business and have signed up for this website. In less than a week I have had two leads both of which I have purchased. They are both for 2011 but I figure that replying can only get my name out there and maybe send a great impression. Although, I will agree with you I have not gotten any return responses. But, I'm going to continue trying and use this as a tool to let everyone know that I'm out here!! wink

Thanks
Tracey Cox
Guest July 7, 2010
I have purchased $500 from Eventective and need access to my account. I strongly feel there should be a contact phone number where I am able to contact someone regarding my account. I have e-mailed numerous times without any response. I do hope someone monitors this feedback column and will contact me at 720-974-1871. Thank you
tfreedxxxtfreedxxxModeratorPosts: 16 July 7, 2010
Our client service team will be contacting you. In the future if you have questions about Eventective, you can reach us by email info@eventective.com or by phone 207-253-1653.
athomasimageathomasimagePosts: 4 August 5, 2010
janpotter wrote:
I am a venue and i find the budgets to be so unrealistic. I find that I eliminate considering so many of the leads because of this.

As a photographer, I so agree with your comments on low budgets. I don't have a problem with people not wanting to spend a lot on weddings and/or having limited funds to work with. I can help keep budgets to a minimum. It's a discussion to have in person or over the phone. Not in an email.

Why bother registering and asking for service quotes if you can't afford it. Are these people so gullible to think a service provider would actually invest time for little or no revenue?

If prospects are trying to obtain information to structure a budget, then perhaps Eventective needs to put some helpful hint information out there to help qualify these uneducated shoppers. With a lot of the budgets I see offered, I wonder how they can afford to live away from Mom and Dad? Even with two incomes after marriage!

Tom Szabo, Photographer
A Thomas Image
www.athomasimage.com
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 296 August 5, 2010
Thank you for your comments. As planners begin to plan their events, many go online to price shop, look for a bargain or try to better educate themselves on actual costs for the services they need. This is why it is important for providers to show the value they can bring to the event and become a trusted resource to the planner. Eventective recently updated the event request form to encourage planners to provide more specific information about their events. With an easy-to-use layout that highlights popular services for different vendor categories and shows typical budgets, the enhanced form better manages planners' expectations for average budgets and educates them on the different types of services vendors offer. The new form can be viewed here.
Kay215745Kay215745Posts: 4 August 11, 2010
Thank you Eventective for your "no risk" lead program. This is one more arrow in my sells lead quiver. The ability to store template first response emails save time and to be able to contact a prospect through the event planners page is very helpful in getting them to at least read the response. By tracking the date&time of my reply allows me to easily see when its time to try again or request a refund,which you do so promptly. I wish other marketing agencies that I used (usually costing much more)would put their money where their mouth is and offer a money back guarantee. To all those who are frustrated remember it is a numbers game. You are prospecting. Keep picking away. YOU educate the prospect about your industry.They more you inform them of what to look for and look out for, the more you'll stand out from the crowd and end up with the sale. We are all in the service industry which means though we provide a tangible product,ie. photos, food, candles,etc. what they are really needing to be sold on is the intangible. Your ability to serve them. To show up on time. Serve the food hot and on time, such as Chef Warren did serving food despite a power outage.Will the flowers be just right, the candles they ordered arrive on time. I hope this helps and I hope I can return to swap more ideas. "A rising tide raises all ships".

Gene Brownsword C.E.O.
ToGo's Catering Services
(clean-up executive officer)
lsmdjlsmdjPosts: 10 August 27, 2010
I haven't had one customer (lead) get backt o me in a year. The return policy is nice but you really need to stay on top of it. We have a DJ company and have been doing this since 1989. I eliminate leads due to their budgetrequirements. and I do think that brides budgets are unrealilistic. I feel the eventectiv4e site is geared more toward venues.
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 296 August 27, 2010
Purchasing internet leads is a numbers game and as others said you do need to follow-up with planners and show them the value you can offer to their event. One of our clients who is a DJ developed an education series with tips for optimizing your lead buying experience. You can view his presentation here.
Fillmore2010Fillmore2010Posts: 1 September 7, 2010
Is there a way to limit the leads that are received to a certain "budget number"? I thought when I was first filling out the venue information it allowed me to make a selection as to what type of events and the budgets that we wanted to receive leads from? I've received quite a bit of leads, however most of them the budgets are extremely low in regards to our venue? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 296 September 7, 2010
You can manage your leads by setting filters on your account to only receive leads that are a match for your business based on budget, event date, event location and other criteria. For instructions on setting up these filters, click here. If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@eventective.com.
Guest December 30, 2010
I am a new vendor and when I log out and go check for my listing in the "GLOUCESTER" area it doens't show what so ever like Orleans, Toronto and even Ottawa. Gloucester is a small part of Ottawa. Maybe I should change the place for my listing to come up in the Ottawa section. Even then I want to sale my services to just more to ottawa clients.....

Desserts First
cakes584936cakes584936Posts: 1 January 1, 2011
I had questions and have yet to receive any responses from anynone.......
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 296 January 3, 2011
cakes wrote:
I had questions and have yet to receive any responses from anynone.......

Please email us at cs@eventective.com with your questions and our client service team can help you.
kaufmanphotokaufmanphotoPosts: 1 January 3, 2011
Something is definitely wrong with this site. I too have never had a response to a single email - I've even called when a number is provided and get no call backs. Now they seem to have hidden the request refund option.
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 296 January 3, 2011
For instructions on requesting refunds, please go here. This forum has suggestions for responding to leads. You may also want to take a look at this education series that one of our clients developed for more ideas on maximizing your potential with leads. Please feel free to contact us at cs@eventective.com with any questions.
nkatz589171nkatz589171Posts: 1 January 19, 2011
As a bride who's trying to plan my wedding, It's been very discouraging for me that the only contact I had was 1 DJ service. That's it. Granted, there was some flip-flopping on the dates, and I'm not totally sure of the budget yet. So, I'm going to try one more time. and then, I'm done.
Dear Eventective,We are a full service catering / entertainment company,I love the concept of eventive but I have spent a lot of money on leads but you don't get anyone responding to your emails or phone calls.It is very frustrating.Perhaps you can screen the leads first to make sure they are really interested in using our services.I want this to work but it is very frustrating.Any suggestions?Thank you. Friscos.com
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 296 June 17, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. Purchasing internet leads is often a numbers game and Eventective customers have said that they may close anywhere from 1 in 5 to 1 in 50 leads they purchase. Because many of our visitors are in the very early stages of their event planning process, it is very important for you to follow up with them. They may have very little idea what they are actually looking for when it comes to services and quality of service for their event, so it may be difficult to pin them down for many of the details that vendors are looking for. As a result, this is an excellent opportunity for you to educate them. The buy decision for Eventective users is not an easy one and may or may not be made quickly. One of our clients developed a presentation to give other vendors ideas for following up with leads. You can view the presentation here. You may also take advantage of our refund policy for non-responsive planners.

Our client service team can also provide suggestions for responding to and managing leads and setting lead filters on your account. Please contact us at cs@eventective.com.
jcib531404jcib531404Posts: 1 November 9, 2011
My company BrandyWyne Events has received some good leads from Eventective and I very much like the service, but I need to limit my lead base to Missouri and within 30 mi. Most of the leads are coming from Illinois area. I do not service that area? How do I contact you about this change? Thank you.
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 296 November 9, 2011
Thank you for your comments. You can customize the leads you receive. Please login to your account and go to your My Eventective page. Select the blue link for 'Lead Preferences' and select the criteria, such as event type and location, for the leads you receive. If you have questions, please contact us at cs@eventective.com

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: