wedding venue for reception in DC area Messages in this topic - RSS

wedding venue for reception in DC area Messages in this topic - RSS

dolly1038426dolly1038426Posts: 2 Washington, DC June 5, 2013
I'm looking for a venue for the wedding reception that will accommodate 180 people. Any ideas in the greater DC/Va area? The ceremony will be held in Fairfax Station, VA but if I must I don't mind dragging everyone to some place a (little) out of the way.

Also, need to have Indian food so external caterer or in-house ethnic kitchen.

Anyone have any recommendations on places besides the standard (Marriott) so I can keep costs down?
Guest June 5, 2013
I am a conference planner at the Kellogg Conference Hotel. We have over 17,000 sq. ft of event space and our onsite catering staff can customize a meal according to your needs.
www.kelloggconferencehotel.com
MackieMackiePosts: 30 June 5, 2013
The best places to look at for outside catering approval are non-profit or arts venues. Try the Arlington Arts Center for one. There are also plenty of private galleries all over Virgina. Often libraries and museums have large banquet rooms that could hold that amount of people as well. If you need any assistance with planning and coordination, including day of coordination please contact us mackie@eventsbymackie.com. Happy planning!!!
~Mackie
dolly1038426dolly1038426Posts: 2 June 5, 2013
thanks mackie. i actually visited AAC when we were considering a smaller party but they're quite small even for a 50 person event. i also explored the Athenaeum in old town Alexandria but i think it will still be too small
DistrictFeteDistrictFetePosts: 2 June 6, 2013
Dolly try the Hilton Alexandria Old Town Hotel or Artisphere. Both are great venues that can have spaces for your size. Both are easy to get to and right off either I-495 or I-395.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: