Non Responsive Planners Messages in this topic - RSS

Non Responsive Planners Messages in this topic - RSS

winst394119
winst394119
Has anyone else had problems with planners not responding to e-mails or phone calls? Or is it just me?
tfreedxxx
tfreedxxx
Internet lead purchases can be a numbers game, but Eventective does take the risk out of it with our refund policy for invalid (incorrect email address or phone number) and non-responsive leads. Eventective also has features that better connect the people planning events with the venues and vendors they need, including the ability to exchange emails through Eventective to avoid emails going to spam folders and tools to manage and track responses. You can read more useful information about lead buying and some success stories from our clients here.
diane162102
diane162102
I, too, have found that many planners do not respond to emails or phone calls. A few times I even encountered where the phone or email is invalid. I am hoping that Eventective can better screen these leads for legitimate phone numbers and email addresses and confirm with the planner. Perhaps let the planner know that we must pay for these leads, so they should be serious about their inquiry. I also find that children put the lead out there for a party they want without the parents even knowing.

Thanks.
tfreedxxx
tfreedxxx
Leads that are generated through Eventective are manually approved before they are sent to venues and vendors in order to discourage false requests and users who are under the age of 18. When a planner submits an event request, there is notification that you must be 18 or older to use the service and that venues and vendors pay a fee for our services so to be respectful of submitting only serious inquiries and to respond to replies you receive.
djslimeez
djslimeez
I am new to eventective.com and have noticed that alot of leads do not respond. Well I have purchased 7 leads and yet to get a response. I was beginning to think it was how I was presenting the message but I have changed nothing from other emails I have sent. This brings alot of clarity to this subject for me.
baby_425160
baby_425160
i have found the opposite to be true the only person who got back to me was someone about the cake
hhbbweddings
hhbbweddings
i have sent many responses but only one of my emails was read by the planner. I think the planners sign up and send in their legitimate request but our replies are not getting back to them. They either never log back on to the site to check for mail or iour mail going to spam. Planners need to give good phone numbers if they are really interested to be worth paying for the lead.
Closed
Closed
I too have purchased many leads and none have replied back to me. Also, now I am on a forum list and cannot get the emails to stop. I am not impresses with this service.
tfreedxxx
tfreedxxx
Often planners are in the beginning stages of planning their events so it is not uncommon for vendors to hear from them weeks later once they have reserved their venues. It is important to manage your leads and continue to follow-up with planners and show them the value you can add to their events.

To unsubscribe from forums, please go to the Forums menu at the top of the page and then click My Watch List. You can unsubscribe from any forums you have previously subscribed to.

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@eventective.com.
seasidesoapandcandle
seasidesoapandcandle
We are new to Eventective and have responded to two leads, from what I have read so far it does not seem unusual not have received a reply. I was wondering what we should be saying in our response email to the lead. we introduce ourselves and send photo's of our products. Can't give any estimates on cost due to not knowing what they are looking for yet so feel a bit in limbo with this. Also I have tried to attach the max # 5 photo's but only get to post 3 at the most. Something wrong there.

Any advice would be appreciated.
eventective
eventective
Administrator
Welcome to Eventective! For any lead that is a non-response with no planner activity 12 days after the lead purchase date, please sign-in and request a refund and the purchase amount will be credited to your account. This credit can then be used for a future lead purchase.

Your response email should include a brief summary of you, your services, and what you can offer for their event. Regarding the issue with photo uploads, please contact us at 207.253.1653 and we can help you with that.
tasel395824
tasel395824
My problem may be a little different from the others. I was contacted by company. I paid for party in full and the planner did not show up on the day of event. Which left me out of a lot of money because I had to go out at last minute and purchase items needed for my daughter's party. Is there anyway you can make sure you have legitimate businesses on your site?
tfreedxxx
tfreedxxx
We are sorry this happened. With over 300,000 venues and vendors in our database, and more being added daily, it is difficult for us to monitor the quality of service for each individual business. The avenues for dealing with issues like yours are the Better Business Bureau, and indeed, the law.

To preclude an issue like this from happening again, we always recommend planners get references for vendors they may hire, and interview them to ensure the quality of past work. This article provides some useful planning tips, including information on hiring vendors.
twilightaffairs
twilightaffairs
tasellsmk wrote:
My problem may be a little different from the others. I was contacted by company. I paid for party in full and the planner did not show up on the day of event. Which left me out of a lot of money because I had to go out at last minute and purchase items needed for my daughter's party. Is there anyway you can make sure you have legitimate businesses on your site?

Sorry to hear this happened to you but you should always meet the vendor in person and sign a contract. Make sure you have a copy of it as well. It is also a good idea to ask to see their business licence to ensure they are an actual business professional.
AnniesOrchids
AnniesOrchids
I, too, have a problem with planners not reading my e-mails. Some of these leads do not have the option for a refund. Is there a time limit within which requests for refunds must be made?
eventective
eventective
Administrator
You may request a refund for leads that have an invalid email address or phone number or have not responded to you and show no planner activity by the 12th day after the lead purchase date. All refund requests must be submitted within 30 days of the lead purchase date. Refunds are not available after 30 days. You can read more about our refund policy here.
ABETTERDJ
ABETTERDJ
I send each lead a direct email letting them know that I have placed a personal quote in their Eventective mail box. I think our read ratio is about 90%... but that does not mean that they respond! For those of you that are new and have only purchased a few leads... don't expect to get a response! We buy hundreds of leads per month and only get a few responses, but at least we book most of those! If you want to be successful on this site take advantage of Eventective's refund program and buy lots of leads!
ABETTERDJ
ABETTERDJ
tfreed wrote:
We are sorry this happened. With over 300,000 venues and vendors in our database, and more being added daily, it is difficult for us to monitor the quality of service for each individual business. The avenues for dealing with issues like yours are the Better Business Bureau, and indeed, the law.

To preclude an issue like this from happening again, we always recommend planners get references for vendors they may hire, and interview them to ensure the quality of past work. This article provides some useful planning tips, including information on hiring vendors.

We only meet with less than 1% of our clients because we are very proficient with our internet planning. We also have an entire page of customer comments on our web site. I suggest that to make your customer feel comfortable get a Paypal account for your deposits. Most consumers know that Paypal will refund their money if they get ripped off!
ReverendLayne
ReverendLayne
Allow me to offer my comments regarding “planners” in their lack of responsiveness. This has been a raw nerve for me since I joined the Eventective program. I cannot understand why anyone would not have the courtesyto send a short saying “thank you.” I wanted some acknowledgment from them, andI wasn't getting anything. (this is my problem – not theirs).

One of the contributing factors to this is the wedding planner is often the bride-to-be. She, asking on her own behalf, is attempting to do the job that a professional planner is much more capable of performing. And she is in deep mud – or will be soon! Doesn't she have enough on her plate? She wants to save some money – and money is so precious in this economy, so, she will act on her own behalf and hope that the good intentions of some of the other professionals she will come in contact with will save her from making any grave mistakes.

Another joy-filled opportunity lies with the recently wedded bride who now believes wholeheartedly that putting on a wedding is really no big deal. Can you believe how simple it is to do this work? There in lies another major hurdle. We have a nonprofessional with no training and experience of one wedding who is now going to act as a professional wedding coordinator/planner.

Lastly, at least for the moment, let us look at our own participation (or lack thereof). If any of us believes that just sending one email to a prospective client is going to have a major impact then we are delusional.

Folks, this is a contact game and it's all about the numbers. I am speaking of the number of actual contacts that we must make to each individual referred client that we have purchased. There certainly is nothing that would stop you from keeping a list of the “players” and their e-mail addresses so that you could continue to stay connecting with them. It doesn't take a great effort to do this and the rewards could be worth the time and energy it takes to prepare the list.

While I will concur with some of the comments that Eventective has some issues regarding lead generation, etc. it is still a very worthwhile and profitable solution for many of us who have neither the money nor the time to market our products and services on our own. Sure, I would like to have more bookings from the leads that I have purchased. But, with Eventective's refund policy, it is still one of the most economical and effective means to connect one-to-one with the wedding couple.

Rev. Layne Kulwin, MA
Providing Officiant Services for All Life Events

761 Richmond Avenue
San Jose, CA 95128-2743

408-256-0761

ReverendLayne@gmail.com

http://www.ReverendLayne.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/reverendlayne
dreamer3269
dreamer3269
I am a DJ in Calgary Canada area. I sent my first responses out about a week ago. to date I have sent out 9 responses have had 3 replies and one event as good as booked so it has been well worth it for me so far.

Jake Wagler
Digital DJ
beth496493
beth496493
I am glad to see that I am not the only one with issues about planners responding to our emails. Since I signed up last month, I have had a total of 9 leads sent to me. I have responded to all except 2 or 3. I have yet to get a response from any of them. I did get a notice that my email was read for 1 lead. I decided to send an email from my personal email and still havent gotten a response. Hopefully I will start getting something soon.
eventective
eventective
Administrator
Internet lead purchases is a numbers game and it often takes purchasing 20 or more leads to get a sense of the market and the response to your emails. Many of our clients report an average closing rate of 5% or more on Eventective leads. You can learn more about the lead economics here. Take advantage of our refund policy for leads that have an invalid email address or phone number or have not responded to you and show no planner activity by the 12th day after the lead purchase date. If you have any questions, please contact us at info@eventective.com.
every515526
every515526
Does having a planner read your response count as activity?
eventective
eventective
Administrator
Yes, when a planner reads your response that does count as planner activity. Please email us at info@eventective.com if you have any other questions.
stepi524243
stepi524243
winstonministries wrote:
Has anyone else had problems with planners not responding to e-mails or phone calls? Or is it just me?
stepi524243
stepi524243
Hi winstonministries, I don't know why an event planner would not response to their emails or phone calls. Some times we get flooded with email. i try my best to get back to everyone that sends me an email and return my calls within 24-36 hours. You may want to send your email twice.
stepi524243
stepi524243
twilightaffairs wrote:
tasellsmk wrote:

Sorry to hear this happened to you but you should always meet the vendor in person and sign a contract. Make sure you have a copy of it as well. It is also a good idea to ask to see their business licence to ensure they are an actual business professional.
stepi524243
stepi524243
Did the planner not call to inform you she was not coming. If she did not do her job than I would be looking for a portion of my money back. I would not recommend her to some one. I am sorry to hear that.You can always ask the wedding planner for references of others events she has done, Check with Chambers of commerce, or call the BBB to she if the business has been listed.
lizann1234
lizann1234
I have purchased over 80 leads since 2009 and have received only 2 inquiries which did not lead to a sale and from what I can tell from the listings, very few of my emails are even opened. I know that it is a numbers game but it isn't working for me. If the bride or planner doesn't even open the emails, how can I ever close on a sale? Why do they ask for help and then don't open the emails that they themselves initiated. I don't know why I continue with this idea but I guess I keep hoping that one sale will pay for the others that don't respond at all.
eventective
eventective
Administrator
Thank you for your feedback. For non-responsive leads with no planner activity or leads with invalid contact information, you may request a refund. For more information on our refund policy, click here. We are also happy to offer suggestions for responding to leads and following up with potential clients. Please feel free to contact us at info@eventective.com.
DedeMulligan
DedeMulligan
I have been a planner for 10 years and I am very responsive to my clients and potential clients. However, I have known technology to misfire from time to time. I would suggest if you do not hear from your planner via email after 2-3 days, by all means, call the planner. If they do not return your call within 24 hours, move on.
LindaMoore
LindaMoore
winstonministries wrote:

YES!!!and I believe it is partly because Eventective does not alert our host email when the planner has responded , so I am sure they do not alert the planner! People sign up all many party planning web pages, they probably don't even always remember what they were.. This is something that needs to be addressed, Since Eventective does not require a phone number like other sites insist on,, the response is not as high from planners as other sites I work with. At least eventective offers a refund if you ask.
I am signed up on other sites that will alert your host email.
eventective
eventective
Administrator
Thank you for your feedback. Eventective recommends that venues and vendors reply to planners both from their lead page using the ‘Respond’ link, as well as from their own email system. If 12 days go by and you do not hear back from the planner, you should request a refund.

By using Eventective's respond tool, you can track to see what activity the planner has undertaken, even if the planner has not responded to your email. You can view metrics to see if the planner clicked through to your website, looked at your listing or indicated ‘Not Interested’.

Venues and vendors do receive email notifications when planners respond to them with an email reply to their Eventective inbox. Planners also receive email notifications when they receive email responses to their Eventective inbox from providers. If you are not receiving these notifications, you may need to add Eventective as a safe sender in your anti-spam software.

It is not unusual to have a high non-response rate with Internet lead purchases as planners have many options online. This is why Eventective offers a refund for every lead that is a non-response with no planner activity 12 days after the lead purchase date and allows you to recover your funds and use the credit for another lead purchase. If you have any other questions, please contact us at info@eventective.com.
brad293060
brad293060
I have had more non-responses than those that do respond. I only wish I had read the refund policy earlier. We did manage to book one event, so am not giving up on this site.
ottem406296
ottem406296
LindaMoore wrote:
winstonministries wrote:

YES!!!and I believe it is partly because Eventective does not alert our host email when the planner has responded , so I am sure they do not alert the planner! People sign up all many party planning web pages, they probably don't even always remember what they were.. This is something that needs to be addressed, Since Eventective does not require a phone number like other sites insist on,, the response is not as high from planners as other sites I work with. At least eventective offers a refund if you ask.
I am signed up on other sites that will alert your host email.

I would sure like to know what other sites you are working with if you get good responses from them.
After reading through some forums, I am even less sure than I was before about spending money on leads. And yes, I know that there is a refund policy, which is very attractive, but it seems that some of the information here is a little conflicting. While the refund policy is for non contact within 12 days, there are articles from the admin that suggest waiting three weeks before barraging the planner with another round of 7 or 8 "touches." And I am also a bit confused about the refund policy itself. We must ask for a refund within 30 days...does that mean 30 days after you purchase the lead, or 30 days after the 12 days of non contact??
eventective
eventective
Administrator
Thank you for your feedback. Contacting a planner seven or eight times is a suggestion from one of our clients who has had success following up with our leads. You will need to develop a follow-up strategy that works for you, but we do suggest that you include an email to the planner through your Eventective inbox to ensure it does not go to their spam folder. Regarding our refund policy, all refund requests must be submitted within 30 days of the lead purchase date. Refunds are not available after 30 days. You can read more about our refund policy here. If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at cs@eventective.com.
ReverendLayne
ReverendLayne
I have commented on this subject several times in the past. Eventective is still a very viable marketing tool for me. They notify me with regard to opportunities that come up and I find their refund policy to be very liberal.

What I don't find particularly helpful is the following"

1. There are numerous leads that come to me where it is more than obvious that the non-professional planner (usually one of the couple or a relative) hasn't a clue as to what an officiant is - or does. I get numerous requests for 'officiant" services for all kinds of things: parties, birthdays, corporate events... sometimes even when the bridal couple states that they already have a minister or that the ceremony is separate from their query.

2. Eventective's definition for 'non-response' (no planner activity 12 days after the lead purchase date) is not an exact science. Sometimes it's out-and-out faulty. Just because a 'planner' checks the email in his/her inbox does not (IMHO) constitute activity. Planners often check their email and dismiss the contents as if it were all junk mail.

WTH?

I had one 'planner' (bridezilla, actually) read my email and then checked not interested. We never spoke or interacted outside her initial posting and my initial contact. That lead cost me $2.50 and yet I firmly believe that her posting was faulty from the get-go. She didn't need an officiant for her wedding. it certainly wasn't a pricing issue - I hadn't gotten that far down the road!

Nonetheless, nothing is perfect and Eventective amply serves my needs quite well. Folks, please keep in mind that this is a business (what you and I do) and you cannot send one email off and expect to find a pot of gold. Leads need to be cultivated into clients. When you get the inquiry from Eventective you've got a suspect... and hopefully you can move that into a prospect. Ultimately, if you happen to develop the rapport and trust with that person, they may become a client. And that, my friends, takes a bit of work and it certainly takes repetitive contacts with the 'planner' - whoever that may be. I concur, it would be sweet if Eventective required a phone number from the 'planner' too... but how many of us would actually call someone out of the blue. Egads, if we won't implement a series of emails to a potential client... why would we ever consider picking up the phone and calling them? (written in jest).

Unfortunately, all too often - and with the aid of the internet - our services are being viewed by the consumer as a commodity with absolutely no discernible value to them beyond price. These neophytes - novice and inexperienced to the pitfalls and potholes of the wedding industry think that it is just too simple - anyone can do it. So their mantra becomes: "How low will you go? How cheaply can I get your service? Discount, discount and discount some more."

Now... this would be a worthwhile blog for all of us to read and take notes on... How do you demonstrate your VALUE - your unique selling proposition - to the prospect leads you get? What the heck... I think I'll post that one myself! Care to comment?
ottem406296
ottem406296
Make sure you put a link here Layne, so we can find it. That sounds like a worth while post indeed! And it is a subject that I will eagerly admit I do a poor job with! I'll have to add that to my ever increasing list of things to do this New Year!
Thank you for your input.
And thank you, admin, for reminding us how the chorus goes! I am sure you get tired repeating yourself again and again! But they are valid points, and are worth repeating.
myown586690
myown586690
I am a caterer and I am on eventective, my friend who lives in my area was looking for a caterer for her wedding and I can't cater it that day because of being in the wedding.
well my point is that when she tried to look up caterers on this website and she was only able to pull up one caterer in this area and it didn't include my business on her one option list. So what I was wondering was do the people looking for a caterer even really get to see a full list of caterers in the area or do we have to pay extra for them to see us on here or listed as a catering business on your site?
eventective
eventective
Administrator
If a planner is searching for a caterer in a specific city and state, Eventective will display all caterers with listings in that city and state. No payment is required to be included in the list. If your listing is not displaying in your city and state, please contact us at cs@eventective.com and we can help you resolve the issue.
bowle129603
bowle129603
I have read a lot of these posts and find that not everyone is getting leads. If they are out there and most people are not getting them, then who is getting them? I usually e-mail them the first day and tell them about us, our services and our
web page. After a few days I send a follow up e-mail. Most times I haven't even heard from them. After the 12 days I send

an e-mail asking, for customer service reasons, why they didn't respond or if they have hired another DJ, what consideration did they hire another DJ instead of us. My big question "WHOSE GETTING THESE JOBS IF EVERYONE IS NOT HAVING MUCH SUCCESS?????"
eventective
eventective
Administrator
Thank you for your feedback. We have many clients who have success booking business from Eventective leads. You can read some of their testimonials here. Many planners are in the early stages of planning their events and are looking for venues before other vendors such as entertainment, photographers and florists. It is not uncommon for a vendor such as DJ or videographer to hear from a planner at a later date after they have finalized an event space.

Are you responding to planners through your Eventective inbox? This will ensure that your email is not going into the planner's spam folder. You can also request refunds for leads that have invalid contact information or have no response and no planner activity by the 12th day after the lead purchase date. To learn more about our refund policy, click here.

If you would like tips for responding to leads or have other questions, please feel free to contact us at cs@eventective.com.
wande601445
wande601445
I am a planner and have had a lot of leads already, my problem is getting my clients get back to me about what vendor they want to deal with to be able to respond. I try to communicate as much as possible with the other vendors, but sometimes it's hard when you don't know what your clients want.
brook608598
brook608598
I can't respond back to my "interested" vendors because I can not find them in my inbox. I received their "I am interested" but they are no where in my box nor can I find the "Sign-in my Event Dashboard." So I am not ignoring You I don't know how to contact you with out Googling your name. If I am doing that, why are you paying someone to obtain MY name?
eventective
eventective
Administrator
To respond to interested vendors, please login to your account at www.eventective.com with your screen name and password. You will land on the ‘My Events’ page where you will see your ‘My Vendors List’ with the name and contact information for vendors who have responded to your event request. On your ‘My Events’ page you will also see an alert near the top of the page if you have any new messages from vendors responding to your request. If you have any questions, please contact us at cs@eventective.com.
jgirl1264020
jgirl1264020
I was getting NO REPONSES from these so-called "planners." Finally, after several attempts, I was able to get somebody on the phone. Boy did I ever get an earful. Apparently these "planners" are simply people inquiring about the availability of a specific venue, etc. and have expressed no interest in receiving any quotes or contacts from vendors. The person I spoke to said that they innocently inquired about a venue and then Eventective has sold their information in the form of "leads" to all sorts of various vendors. This person was very upset that they had been inundated with calls and emails. I explained that I had purchased the "lead" from Eventective and was simply trying to follow up on that purchase. This was disturbing news to the individual, who in no way wanted their information shared with vendors. I feel taken advantage of, and I can only imagine how the person on the other end of the phone felt. If they received calls from 20 different vendors, then Eventective made approximately $50 from an innocent inquiry. The individual said that they never at any time expressed any interest in a DJ (my particular business), photographer, or anything else. Now there is a frustrated and angry potential client out there for somebody else. Not me, since I purchased a lead and pissed them off simply by following up.
eventective
eventective
Administrator
jgirl1264020 wrote:
have expressed no interest in receiving any quotes or contacts from vendors

Hi jgirl -

I've sent you a note privately about your experience, but am following up for other readers.

In order for you to receive a lead for your services (in your case, DJ), the user has to select that they would like to get quotes from DJs.

I'm sorry the planner you contacted felt they hadn't checked that, but we simply do not send leads to vendors unless the planner has requested it.

Here is a link to an image of the page the user has to fill out. Note that they have to select your service, and a value from the budget dropdown.

http://i.imgur.com/lz8wqc5.jpg

If you would like help further, please contact us at cs@eventective.com, or call us at 207-253-1653.

Thanks for your feedback!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: