Looking for venue and/or catering Messages in this topic - RSS

Looking for venue and/or catering Messages in this topic - RSS

Guest Charlotte, NC January 19, 2013
I am located in Charlotte,NC. We are expecting close to 250 ppl for our reception. We are looking to keep our reception cost for venue and catering no more than $6000. If anyone can help, please let me know.
Guest January 19, 2013
Congratulations! I am Trisha at NASH Event Management Solutions in CA. Check your local city golf courses. Especially newer, because they need the exposure and, the older more established because they need the business- and will be flexible. Watch out for the 'up-charges' at venues and seek out the 'all inclusive' packages which provide tables, linens and sometimes upgraded chairs. the A/V, mic and sometimes lighting and decor.
Using a planner is great because of their discounts and resources. But, be sure you check references and see his/her work. Also, pay with a credit card, rather than debit for everything in case of disputes. Most of my brides open an specific wedding account for the wedding purchases, deposits, etc.
Hope this helps and Good Luck!
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 January 20, 2013
I like the South Charlotte Banquet Center, but check the listing from here. Keep in mind that an earlier time is cheaper and so is a week day. If you want custom invites, contact me for samples. Packages start at $150 for 100.

http://www.eventective.com/USA/North+Carolina/Charlotte/Wedding-Receptions.html
TheDolceDesignTheDolceDesignPosts: 47 January 21, 2013
Congratulations on the wedding! I actually have a wedding that I'm planning/designing near Charlotte in May! It's a beautiful city with so many options. I would be happy to discuss some ideas with you. Feel free to call or email!

Best Wishes,
Sara Bacon
(334) 521-2254
sara@thedolcedesign.com
wille1005664wille1005664Posts: 1 March 12, 2013
I am located in Charlotte,NC. We are expecting close to 250 ppl for our reception. We are looking to keep our reception cost for venue and catering no more than $6000. If anyone can help, please let me know.

The best advice I can give as far as planning with a budget is do as much of the little stuff your self. My husband and I made our own invitations and it saved us about $150. We had a friend do an engagement session with us and we took our favorite pic and send it with our hand made invites. They were a hit!

My husband and I decorated the reception hall our selves and that was pretty easy.

There were a couple things I wish I had splurged on. My flowers, the designer didn't really get what I wanted and it ended up being an arm bouquet when what I wanted was a cascade bouquet.

Splurge on a photographer! I wish we had paid a little extra money for ours, he was only $500. He kept putting the wrong date on everything and we kept asking him to change the date. He missed the wedding! We called him to see where he was and he was two hours away! It was a horrible. He did refund our money and thankfully we found a photographer that was there shooting a wedding an hour after ours. He was really nice and offered to do our for free!

Good luck and happy planning!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: