March 2013 Wedding on a budget in Maryland Messages in this topic - RSS

March 2013 Wedding on a budget in Maryland Messages in this topic - RSS

Klr723Klr723Posts: 2 Maryland January 10, 2013
I have a $4000 budget for a small wedding in Maryland of 30-35 adults and 10-15 children to include ceremony and reception venue, dj, photographer, dress, favors etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 January 10, 2013
Hi KLR723,

Congratulations. I would recommend that you scroll through most of the postings in this forum as you are asking one of the most commonly asked questions.

You do have a small budget, so what is most important is that you plan well.

Write down a prioritized list of what is important to you for your wedding before you do anything else. I wrote an article on one effective way to do this for the Rhode Island Small Business Journal and would recommend that you read it. (If you need help doing this let me know.)

Think about inexpensive ways to do everything. For example, having your wedding in a park (if it is warm enough in March) is a lot less expensive than a wedding hall. A religious institution, condominium complex club house, civic or educational institution would be a lot less expensive than a business such as a wedding hall or a hotel.

Alcoholic beverages are expensive. Can you skip them and perhaps limit to just a small champagne toast?

If you are using a religious institution could you get them to do the food for you rather than a caterer?

I always advise people not to economize on a photographer, but that is up to you. You will have the photos for a lifetime...

Would you be willing to purchase a second hand wedding dress?

Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, PhD
Education by Entertainment
Klr723Klr723Posts: 2 January 10, 2013
Wow, Dr. Ronald Shapiro thank you so much! This is definitely a lot of valuable information and gives me a start on my budgeting plan. I will be sure to keep these suggestions in mind throughout this process
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 349 January 10, 2013
Hi KLR723,

Thank you for posting the thank you note. Much appreciated.

Please do let me know if I can be of help to you after you browse the information available here. There would (of course) be no charge for telephone consultation, and if we do speak the purpose would be to help you to do what you really value most, not to sell you anything!

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, PhD
Education by Entertainment
JerondellzFotogJerondellzFotogPosts: 2 January 14, 2013
Hi Klr723, if you have not yet contracted a Photographer I am confident I'd be able to assist you. Feel free to contact me, Roderick @ 252.218.8921 to further discuss.
Guest February 12, 2013
Hello and Congratulations!! What part of MD will your Wedding take place? I have done a few budget savvy weddings in MD. Let me know details and I would love to help. Holly@hollyevents.com
TheDolceDesignTheDolceDesignPosts: 47 February 14, 2013
Congratulations on your engagement! I've been planning events for years, and I am available to coordinate a wedding in MD if you need a day-of-coordinator or if you need any help in the planning process. The first step in planning an event is to establish a budget. It will make everything so much easier to keep track of as you continue through the process. Then you will need to find a venue. By booking a venue, you'll be able to establish a time and place for not only your invitations but also for your other vendors. Then you can start on the decor, linens, catering, photographers, entertainment, etc. I would be more than happy to speak with you further, so feel free to call/email me!

Sara Bacon
The Dolce Design
(334) 521-2254
thedolcedesign.com
facebook.com/thedolcedesign
cy.ev782616cy.ev782616Posts: 1 February 21, 2013
Good afternoon and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I've done a few budget weddings in MD, and it would be our pleasure to help you plan your special day. Please provide more details and we would be gladly to help you. cy.events287@gmail.com
sandy1004072sandy1004072Posts: 1 March 7, 2013
Klr723 wrote:
I have a $4000 budget for a small wedding in Maryland of 30-35 adults and 10-15 children to include ceremony and reception venue, dj, photographer, dress, favors etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Congrats! We did our reception in our back yard which backs to the woods. We had tables dressed in white linens with square glass vases (brought at the dollar store) filled with water and since my hydrangeas did not bloom yet I purchased silk ones and cut the stems real short and placed them in the square vase and put three vases to a long 8 ft table that had a sage green runner down the middle of it (purchased linens at a fabric store) placed tea lights scattered throughout the tables and hung Chinese lanterns from the trees - when guests arrived many asked me the name of my wedding planner it was beautiful and simple at the same time. It really is easy to make your day very special without spending a fortune!
Good Luck!
event1009067event1009067Posts: 1 March 7, 2013
I think that any budget is doable as long as you are willing to cut out certain things. With a $2000 budget it is possible to have a more laid back wedding without all of the frills. In the past my advice to my clients was to take cut out things like, lowering the guest count, wedding programs, over the top floral arrangements, hire a friend that is a DJ and ditch the light shows and other affects, have a friend or family member with a backyard? ask them if you can use it, cut out the liquor or have one signature drink and serve wine only, find different DIY projects that make your event unique, and etc. There are so many different things you can do to save money on your event. I also specialize in helping others plan weddings with budgets as low as $1000. If you need assistance or just some consultation to help you get started on planning an awesome wedding with a lower budget you can contact me at, events@coordinatedtoperfection.com. All the best! www.coordinatedtoperfection.com
Guest March 15, 2013
Right now I'm having a special for my services as a wedding photographer. Check it out!https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3598013323craiglist

My website is www.lynlelandphotography.com
homestylehomestylePosts: 1 March 15, 2013
I have special for wedding low budget, buffet style, staff etc. nice menu
www.eleganciacaters.com
jadie808jadie808Posts: 4 April 2, 2013
One way I saved big on my wedding was not hiring someone to do the flowers. We did all the arrangements, and bouquets ourselves. We also saved by using big flowers like hydrangeas to fill the vases which let us use less flowers. Hope this helps!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: