Stressed Out Already!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

Stressed Out Already!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

Guest Atlanta, GA January 3, 2013
I seriously need help!
Saturday weddings in Atlanta during September are ridiculously priced !

I see why people go to the courthouse.

My grandmother has begged me to have a wedding and reception...dont want to break her heart but every venue has at least a 10,000 food and beverage minimum for Saturday evening weddings. Would change the date to Friday or Sunday but trying to consider family and travels from out of state.

I need suggestions please because my budget is 6500....no more to spend.

Even wedding planners dont understand this....why send me a quote for services that start at 1000.00 taking away from my budget.

Someone please help.
SSLLC01
SSLLC01
You may need to be your own wedding planner as my daughter did. She secured a place at the local park using a room they had for park gatherings and events. It was reasonable and she brought in her own caterer as well as made her own arrangements for flowers. Doing it yourself may seem overwhelming, but you stay in control. It can be done, she did and stayed in budget! If you wish to contact me you can reach me at: info@sarahs-seasonings.com
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Guest,

You are not alone... If you were to scroll through this forum you'ld find a lot of people have been where you are today and through the years a lot of solid recommendations have been posted. Rev. Ann Fuller posted an excellent set of suggestions a while back titled Ideas for an Inexpensive Venue. I'd suggest that you review it now and implement the suggestions.

Once you secure your venue prepare a prioritized list of everything wedding related and decide on your budget for each item. For $6500 you'll need to be creative and only do what is most important to you, but I'm convinced that with help from friends and family you'll have a meaningful ceremony and will enjoy your reception. be creative, ask lots of questions as you progress through the process.

Ron

Ronald G. Shapiro, PhD
Education by Entertainment

Guest January 4, 2013
We can help at Elegance Reserved, Inc. We work with your budget. Visit our website www.elegancereserved.net and call us anytime at 888-532-7303

-Lolita Bryant
Owner & CEO

Guest January 4, 2013
Have you considered a Church or your place of worship? Often they have halls you can rent for asmall fee. They usually, do not allow alcoholhelping your budget stay in check.
Your grandmother’s back yard may be another suggestion tolook into, depending on the time of year and parking.
Do not rule out a wedding planner, she can help guide you througha stressful situation and get you back on track. Ask for a per hour price instead of a packageand come to her with your questions in hand.
Marsha Pruitt, The Event Host
Charlotte, NC
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
One of the sweetest wedding receptions I ever witnessed was one held at an Old Country Buffet (back when it had one long buffet instead of individual stations). My husband and I were there having Sunday dinner, and a group of about 30 people (including a bride and groom) came in bearing balloons, gifts, and a wedding cake. The restaurant set them up with one long table in the middle of the place, they all went through the buffet line (with Dad bringing up the rear and picking up the tab), and they proceeded to have the best time! All of us there felt like part of their celebration, and the Father of the Bride got away with paying about $10 a person!

I'm not suggesting you go that route, but I bring it up to illustrate that you don't have to go to a big banquet hall or hotel to have a wonderful wedding celebration with the people who mean the most to you. If you're creative, you can have all of the elements and still stay within your budget.

Dr. Shapiro had some good advice, including his mention of a post by Rev. Ann Fuller regarding budget-friendly venues. Please check that out. And here are a few more suggestions:

1. Instead of a $100-200 bouquet, carry a single rose or calla lily with babies breath and greens for about $10 -- sweet and elegant.

2. Visit your local craft store (Michaels or Hobby Lobby) for great ideas for inexpensive centerpieces. A tall glass tube filled with water with marbles in the bottom holding a single calla lily, with a floating candle at the top, is a simple but elegant example.

3. Check out consignment stores for your wedding gown. My niece found one that was GORGEOUS for about $250, and there's no way you could tell someone else had worn it before.

4. Contact a local college or university with a photography curriculum and ask the instructor if s/he could take your photos, or if there is a talented student they could recommend. Put disposable cameras on each reception table for your guests to use to fill in with candid shots.

5. Instead of a DJ, use an iPod docking station with speakers for your music, putting a reliable family member in charge. You can set up your playlists in advance.

Go to your local library or bookstore and find a book on weddings on a budget. You'll find a wealth of information and suggestions there, too.

Best wishes -- you can do this, and it will be lovely.

Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
www.joyfulpromises.com
vows@joyfulpromises.com

Guest January 4, 2013
Please give me a call so I can help. Our prices are way below most venues and include much more. We specialize in helping you have a "stress free" wedding. We also have references. Check out our website at www.gallery-51.com. We are located 45 mins south of Atlanta airport. Contact information is on our website. Look forward to meeting you at your convenience.

Guest January 4, 2013
Please call M'brace Moments in Conyers, GA. 770-648-8449. We have great prices!!
MyBelovedNYC10036
MyBelovedNYC10036
Try contacting some local restaurants in your area that have a private room. Very often you can just get lovely passed appetizers along with a champagne toast and a lovely sweets table with cakes, cookies and candy that you could set up. Do an earlier event, like 1:00PM to 4:00PM for the best rates for a Saturday. They may also offer you some hot dishes like pasta, chicken and rice -- make it simple. It could be a small buffet with appetizers and have an ipod playing. Have a friend use a decent digital camera and have your ceremony in church or a nearby park. Some restuarants do have a front or backyard area as well, and that would be great. I just did a wedding in NY with a backyard which we transformed into ceremony space and had a wonderful buffet inside. The cost was about $4,000 altogether. Good luck. I know with careful planning you could do it.

Guest January 6, 2013
There alternatives to not only the day but the style of your reception . To start with a wedding planner is a good-beginning. They often can negotiate or have access to resources that you may not I would start with the planner a good investment!

Guest January 6, 2013
I am an event planner and alot of the stuff that you need I have in inventory and will make your money stretch along way email me at Shaina_hardy@yahoo.com and we can discuss your needs.

Look forward to hearing from you soon...

S.B.S Events
TheDolceDesign
TheDolceDesign
Congratulations on your engagement! Your budget is actually great for a modest wedding, and I would love to discuss some ideas with you. I am a certified wedding and event planner recently based in Montgomery, AL, but most of my professional experience is from San Diego's booming wedding and special events industry. I have many contacts in Atlanta, and I would be happy to recommend some to you if I could get a better understanding of what you are wanting to do. I specialize in creating spectacular events on a budget, so I can talk to you about some ideas (even if you aren't looking to hire a wedding planner). Feel free to email me or call me at your convenience, and I would be happy to speak with you! I could also lend my services for helping plan, setup/breakdown and coordinate the event so that you can just enjoy your wedding on the day of if you decide to have some extra help!

Best Wishes,
Sara Bacon
(334) 521-2254
eventdesign334@gmail.com

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: