PLEASE HELP ME Messages in this topic - RSS

PLEASE HELP ME Messages in this topic - RSS

j_lyn403839j_lyn403839Posts: 2 April 21, 2010
I AM LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO GET MARRIED IN GAINESVILLE FLORIDA. I WOULD LOVE AN OUTSIDE WEDDING AND INSIDE RECEPTION. THE WEDDING IS NOVEMBER 20,2010 I HAVE BEEN LOOKING A I CANT FIND ANYWHERE THAT DOESN'T COST LESS THAN $1,000
Guest April 21, 2010
I don't know what their services are like in Alachua County, but in Brevard County, FL the parks and recreation service operates some great places to hold weddings at very reasonable prices. You might try seeing what the parks and rec department has to offer there. Good luck! Rev. Ann Fuller, Melbourne, FL http://www.alachuacounty.us/government/depts/pw/parks/
Guest April 21, 2010
Try Silver Springs in Ocalam
Guest October 7, 2010
try any other place?
wthurowwthurowPosts: 34 October 7, 2010
I have officiated many weddings in Gainesville, FL and in the surrounding counties. I have a list of locations at the bottom of this page: http://www.oursimpleceremony.com/cost.htm I'd be happy to help you.
Guest October 7, 2010
Dear Friends:

For inexpensive venues, I would do a search in your area for the following:

Eagles
Elks
Lions
VFW
Grange halls
Knights of Columbus
WYCA/WMCA

They may only ask for a donation and usually have a kitchen, air conditioning, tables and chairs, and a coat room. Many have outdoor property, a garden or are near a park. if you get married at a park, you just need to make a small donation and get a permit from your town hall or city council.

Check your local phone book or stop by a neighborhood real estate office who should have a map of your area and all public access locations.

Also keep in mind that many catering venues offer up to 1/2 off for an evening weekday party (like wednesday or thursday) or a sunday afternoon event. You get the same treatment, but since the economy is bad and the venues want the business, they offer it at much cheaper prices.

I'm in NYC, which is by far the most expensive place, and was able to find venues with full buffets, non-alcoholic drinks for as low as $25 per person (and beautiful rooms to boot).

Good luck to all!

Best,
Lise'
bagge514720bagge514720Posts: 21 October 11, 2010
always try state parks you can get some good deals or also check the price for no alcohol you can also get deals on that to

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: