Wedding cake Messages in this topic - RSS

Wedding cake Messages in this topic - RSS

sophiebensophiebenPosts: 4 December 18, 2012
I am confused in selection of my wedding cake. I found alot of flavors in a wedding show I attended recently. Among them I find this vanilla-bean cake with pralinefilling cake more attractive and tasty. Will that be a good option? I would like to know more about it. Any suggestions?
UniqueSigEventsUniqueSigEventsPosts: 95 December 18, 2012
My recommendation when choosing a wedding cake is to make an appointment with a bakery and schedule a cake tasting. This way you know what the flavors taste like along with the cake icing or fondant if you choose.
AdvantagesEventsAdvantagesEventsPosts: 3 December 18, 2012
Generally, brides love the Rhum-Vanilla Fondant. It is gorgeous!
It's the one my clients always choose, and finally, I decided to order this cake too for my own wedding :-)

My guests were enchanted.
Guest December 20, 2012
I own a wedding facility, Leander Old Town Chapel, we see alot of wedding cakes. My advice, don't forget it is dessert for your guest so taste is most important. Fondant is so stiff and terrible to cut thru. It almost always taste as plastic as it looks. Makes a beautiful cake, but so does a more standard buttercream type icing and it taste so much better
rrobi981724rrobi981724Posts: 1 December 21, 2012
instead of having your typical one layer type of cake, a cake done in a variety of layers is fun and eveyone gets what they wanted.I id carror,rum and honey layers and it was a big hit.
AdvantagesEventsAdvantagesEventsPosts: 3 December 22, 2012
So it means that I work with an excellent baker!
Taste Anna Paz Fondant and you will definitely change your mind about this cake.

Mine was fresh, delicious and founded n the mouth.
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 January 3, 2013
Definately do a tasting. Choose a variety of flavors or just one - it does not matter. Whatever you choose, your guests will enjoy it. You may also want to do a smaller cake on top of a cupcake tower - offering various flavors to your guests. There's such a variety these days, that you have to try them.
According to NY magazine's top bakeries, here's the most popular flavors (descending):

The Results:

10. Chocolate-almond cake, chocolate ganache, and mocha buttercream

9. Banana cake and chocolate buttercream

8. Coconut cake and lime buttercream

7. Hazelnut-almond cake, chocolate ganache, and raspberries

6. White cake, lemon buttercream, and raspberries

5. Chocolate devil’s food cake, chocolate ganache, and praline buttercream

4. Lemon cake, lemon curd, and vanilla buttercream

3. Yellow butter cake and chocolate buttercream and/or chocolate ganache

2. Chocolate devil’s food cake, vanilla buttercream, and raspberries

1. Chocolate devil’s food cake and vanilla buttercream

Check out these links for ideas:

http://www.houseoffrostcupcakes.com/cupcake-wedding-cakes-a-wedding-cake-with-style

http://www.sweetlifedesserts.com/page/prices-flavors
orangeblossomorangeblossomPosts: 45 May 16, 2013
Hello,
You choose cake for your wedding then vanilla-bean cake with pralinefilling cake more attractive and tasty.
partyproduction201partyproduction201Posts: 5 September 18, 2013
vanilla-bean cake with pralinefilling cake is a good option smile

www.mypartyproduction.com
orangeblossomorangeblossomPosts: 45 Wedding cake October 17, 2013
I friend i goes in one wedding parties and seen one cake that cake i like it too much. I want to show you the photo of that cake if you want give order to make that same cake.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: